No announcement yet.

John Terry defence 'improbable, implausible and contrived' - FA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW, we should monitor how long Chelsea keep saying "no comment" on Terry. Their argument is he has the right to appeal but the judgement was made a week ago now. Now the full report is also out Terry needs to put up - or better still - shut up. At which point Chelsea have to make some kind of statement. They can't have this judgement stand against their captain and pretend the problem isn't there.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
      Love the line in the report "the evolution of Ashley Cole's evidence." Or put in simpler terms, he changed his story to defend Terry. Or put another way still, he perjured himself. And surely he has to be looking at a ban for showing such lack of respect for the governing body of football with that tweet outburst. Only goes to highlight the arrogance and unpleasantness of Chelsea so-called "stars" that led to this entire case.
      Spot on........ horrible little ( insert swearword)

Comment

Page 3 is hilarious. Hard to believe the content of such documents knocking around in the corridors of power. Although I feel it's only right to say : Well said, Anton. Top man.

Comment

It says that there is no dispute on Terry's part that he used the words fbc but his words were used as a forceful rejection/inquiry to an accusation??????
          So am I right in thinking that I can use this language towards a Black person as long as I feel outraged that he had said something to me first?...It doesn't make sense........if any of us used those words in the street during an argument and it was witnessed by someone actually it wouldn't need to be witnessed let's face it, we'd get done for racial.... something.
          I don't get why the court found not guilty if the words were used

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
            Page 3 is hilarious. Hard to believe the content of such documents knocking around in the corridors of power. Although I feel it's only right to say : Well said, Anton. Top man.
            Indeed Brighton - if I'm honest I didn't realise Anton was such an eloquent lad :pleasantsuprise:
            #standuptocancer
            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
              It says that there is no dispute on Terry's part that he used the words fbc but his words were used as a forceful rejection/inquiry to an accusation??????
              So am I right in thinking that I can use this language towards a Black person as long as I feel outraged that he had said something to me first?...It doesn't make sense........if any of us used those words in the street during an argument and it was witnessed by someone actually it wouldn't need to be witnessed let's face it, we'd get done for racial.... something.
              I don't get why the court found not guilty if the words were used
              Different burden of proof for criminal courts compared to FA inquiries tbf

Comment

Evidently....Tell me Deepcut if any of us used that type of language would we get off? Which he no doubt did.

Comment

This written judgement ensures his reputation will always be stained beyond repair.

From the "Analysis" on the BBC website story:

"Terry can insist he's innocent, he can appeal, he can play on, he can refer to his court acquittal, but, for many, this written judgement ensures his reputation will always be stained beyond repair."
                  'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                    Evidently....Tell me Deepcut if any of us used that type of language would we get off? Which he no doubt did.
                    No idea, would depend on the circumstances I would say.

Although a good rule of thumb is, if you don't want to be in a position to be on trial for racist insults, it's probably best not to call someone an FBC.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
                      No idea, would depend on the circumstances I would say.

Although a good rule of thumb is, if you don't want to be in a position to be on trial for racist insults, it's probably best not to call someone an FBC.

Thats what I thought.

Comment

Working...
                      X