Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Green

Just seen his interview on QPR Player.

In almost every other "new player" interview I've seen, they get asked a question along the lines of:
    "for those fans who don't know much about you, what can QPR fans expect from you?"

Fortunately, we had the good grace not to ask it this time.

Maybe they were afraid he'd fumble such an easy question?

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
      Just seen his interview on QPR Player.

In almost every other "new player" interview I've seen, they get asked a question along the lines of:
      "for those fans who don't know much about you, what can QPR fans expect from you?"

Fortunately, we had the good grace not to ask it this time.
      went over his head,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Comment

Hughes said afterwards in the press conference that Green had noted in the warm-up that the strong glare of the floodlights could make it a problem when coming for crosses. Am prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt on this occasion.
        Last edited by Stanley; 24-07-2012, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Also don't forget he arrived late for the tour and hasn't had as much time to gell with the team.

Comment

Gelling with the team should not affect his ability to catch, unless of course you were being sarcastic?

Comment

Bottom line is that Green is still slightly unreliable/unpredictable, could make a brilliant save one minute and then make a balls of a simple shot the next! At least (other than for that one goal at the Ethiad in particular) Paddy Kenny was generally solid. I too would still rather Green than Kenny any day of the week but I hope he proves that he can produce a string of stable performances. Last thing you want is a Man Utd and Roy Carroll situation where you dread seeing the ball being played back to the keeper as you've no idea what he could do next.
              "Imagine a relationship that went wrong but you held on in there for years: that's what it is like supporting a football team. Your loyalty to a team can never die. Ties are stronger than they could ever be with a woman. If she goes and sleeps with your best mate, it's over. If the Rs' boss, Ian Holloway, slept with my best mate, QPR would still be my team. Even if many of the things that you loved about going to matches have gone - terraces, team shirts without sponsors and being able to smoke at grounds - you still stick with your team." - Peter Doherty.

Comment

Paddy was rubbish at crosses, he also let
                In some dire goals last season, everton at home, WBA away for starters.. Green is much much better

Comment

Originally posted by supahoopsaaa View Post
                  In some dire goals last season, everton at home, WBA away for starters.. Green is much much better
                  Agree

Comment

Paddy is one of the best shot stoppers around, but I've always said he is not quite tall enough to reach the long shots/ high crosses. Green will be more versatile/ solid.

Comment

Originally posted by supahoopsaaa View Post
                      Oh I agree 100% that Green is far better than Kenny, as I said I'd rather Green any day of the week, I just hope he can become reliable and cut out slip ups like his one yesterday!
                      "Imagine a relationship that went wrong but you held on in there for years: that's what it is like supporting a football team. Your loyalty to a team can never die. Ties are stronger than they could ever be with a woman. If she goes and sleeps with your best mate, it's over. If the Rs' boss, Ian Holloway, slept with my best mate, QPR would still be my team. Even if many of the things that you loved about going to matches have gone - terraces, team shirts without sponsors and being able to smoke at grounds - you still stick with your team." - Peter Doherty.

Comment

Yeah, think we're all happy with Green. But you still have to laugh at such a big slip up not long into his R's career. Even the best keepers have made big clangers from time to time.

Comment

Twice as good as Kenny.

Some of the positioning & premature diving of PK last yr embarrassing & a new keeper was a must.

I'd rather Rob Green dropped a clanger in a nothing game than against Swansea.

Its what these pre season games are for.

Comment

at times paddy reminded me of a horse that 'jumps a shadow'.....as said solid shot stopper but not comanding enough at the top level imho!
                            you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                              Twice as good as Kenny.

Some of the positioning & premature diving of PK last yr embarrassing & a new keeper was a must.

I'd rather Rob Green dropped a clanger in a nothing game than against Swansea.

Its what these pre season games are for.
                              Agree that we needed a new keeper and Rob Green is definitely a step up....but some tiny weakness in his mentality WILL result in him dropping the ball in a game that matters as well.........

Accept that... and then we can enjoy some top notch goalkeeping in between those rare abberations.....

Comment

Working...
                              X