Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is This The Worst QPR Season For 10 Years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This time two years ago we were playing with two left backs against Bristol City at home, clinging on for dear life fearing we were going to be relegated to the third tier. Rangers fans were singing "We're supposed to be at home", a chant applauded by the opposition fans. We were on something like our fifth manager of the season, and he was the biggest muppet of the lot. Don't talk about referees, we had every kind of carry-on you cd possibly imagine that season - just two years ago. Our owners were jokes. There were headbutts in the dressing room, sackings, owners picking the team etc. If you had said then that in 18 months time we wd be in the prem, with new owners who were extremely rich but also keen to interact with fans, who wd sign a manager like Hughes and players like Zamora, Cisse, Barton, SWP, Ferdinand etc etc etc you wd have let out a long laugh - a hollow laugh. Have the moaners lost their memories? Are they Man Utd fans in disguise who are only used to success?
    Simple question, if you have found this season a disappointment, why do you support QPR and not Man Utd or Chelsea because, with respect, I don't think you understand this club at all?

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
      Blimey, not sure what some fans expected. Did they seriously think we wd be winning every week in the Prem like we were in the Championship? We have gone from being the Man Utd of the Championship to, well, the QPR of the Premiership. I loved seeing the brilliance of players like Gerrard, then beating them. Winning at the death against Leicester was exciting but you can't compare that to coming from 2-0 down to beat Liverpool. After 30 odd games against many of the best teams in world football little ol' QPR have been thrashed precisely twice. Two 3-1 defeats are actually among our worst results of the season and were greeted with virtual suicide by some fans, but both were more modest than the tonkings we have handed out to Wolves and Swansea.
      I think in the Prem you just have to learn to be a bit more philosophical about defeats. Last season if we lost it seemed like a disaster because we thought we were capable of winning every game. This season any half-way sane fan should have realised we were going to lose a lot of games - learn to deal with it.
      We've got the best players at Rangers since I was a kid (I'm now 44), a first class manager, the best owners since Jim Gregory (with far greater resources than he cd ever have dreamed of) and we are still in with a 50/50 chance of staying up. And if we don't we have every chance of doing a West Brom and bouncing straight back as we are now starting to look, feel and act like a Prem club. Some fans seriously need to cheer up.

Comment

The most sensible QPR fan in the world...
        This time two years ago we were playing with two left backs against Bristol City at home, clinging on for dear life fearing we were going to be relegated to the third tier. Rangers fans were singing "We're supposed to be at home", a chant applauded by the opposition fans. We were on something like our fifth manager of the season, and he was the biggest muppet of the lot. Don't talk about referees, we had every kind of carry-on you cd possibly imagine that season - just two years ago. Our owners were jokes. There were headbutts in the dressing room, sackings, owners picking the team etc. If you had said then that in 18 months time we wd be in the prem, with new owners who were extremely rich but also keen to interact with fans, who wd sign a manager like Hughes and players like Zamora, Cisse, Barton, SWP, Ferdinand etc etc etc you wd have let out a long laugh - a hollow laugh. Have the moaners lost their memories? Are they Man Utd fans in disguise who are only used to success?
        Simple question, if you have found this season a disappointment, why do you support QPR and not Man Utd or Chelsea because, with respect, I don't think you understand this club at all?

Comment

Well said.

Top post.
          "I could think of a number of what I think would be interesting (and not even "gotcha") questions. But they wont be asked"

Fans forum ?

Comment

Nail.
            Head.

Comment

Simple question, if you have found this season a disappointment, why do you
              support QPR and not Man Utd or Chelsea because, with respect, I don't think you understand this club at all?
              Just expected us at this stage to be in the running for a champions league place and maybe a good run in one of the cups.

Heaven knows I'm miserable now

Comment

Expected us to stay up as Norwich and Swansea have or at least finish above them. Expected us to invest wisely in players that would do that job. Expected us to compete in more games with the players we did invest in. Expected more points against the bottom half teams around us in the run in.With the Board and Investment we have i expected us to be something more than the "same old Ranger's" that we have been for the last couple of decades.Still.....same old Ranger's...same old let down's i spose....
                Last edited by vblockranger; 19-04-2012, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Great posts Stainrod, your thoughts mirror mine exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                    We just are not good enough for the prem unfortunately. Apart from 5 or 6 games we have been ######## hence we are down the bottom. The Championship is a nothing league so we need to get back in the prem as soon as possible and next time buy the right players to keep us there.
                    How can you say we are not good enough? We've had some truely shocking decisions that have cost us points, and add to that we've played about 1 in every 5 games with 10 men which has also cost critical points....

Those 2 factors have cost us, and then been confounded by additional fear of relegation and pressure due to our position as a result which has I'm sure been a factor in other poor results.

Even considering those things, we are still not in the relegation zone.

We are clearly good enough for the prem just need improved discipline mainly, plus officials with eyes would be preferable.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                      Expected us to stay up as Norwich and Swansea have or at least finish above them. Expected us to invest wisely in players that would do that job. Expected us to compete in more games with the players we did invest in. Expected more points against the bottom half teams around us in the run in.With the Board and Investment we have i expected us to be something more than the "same old Ranger's" that we have been for the last couple of decades.Still.....same old Ranger's i spose....
                      Good post, this season the premietship has certainly not been the most competative league many wish us to believe (sky anyway) norwich and swansea basically safe by february. Wigan can start their season in March and look likely to survive. It's been a let down for the reasons you give but we've had worse, same old rangers.:impatient:

Comment

Sanctimonious tripe.
                        Some people hate to see their club struggle, I am one of those people, the sort not to settle for crumbs, when the whole slice was there for the taking.
                        I've seen us in the top flight plenty of times before this year, and there was more than one year when I strutted around the Bush as proud as a peacock, because our team had such a great season, should I have gone and supported ManUre then, too?

Comment

so because we have had miserable seasons before we should all be happy with possible relegation from the prem after 1 season.i will sleep much better tonight now...thankyou for such a positively negative post

Comment

Originally posted by hermonhoop View Post

so because we have had miserable seasons before we should all be happy with possible relegation from the prem after 1 season.i will sleep much better tonight now...thankyou for such a positively negative post

Comment

Working...
                            X