Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A shrewd move by the club in 'no relegation clause contracts'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A shrewd move by the club in 'no relegation clause contracts'?

We keep our squad together with above average players if we get relegated.

Don't know if that's a good thing because ask most people if they would like to do an easier job for the same money and they would say yes and championship will be easier.
    Oh well just hope that doesn't become their thinking as they'll not bother, anything for an easier life as they say.
    Queens Park Rangers
    NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Originally posted by 80sCasual View Post
      Don't know if that's a good thing because ask most people if they would like to do an easier job for the same money and they would say yes and championship will be easier.
      Oh well just hope that doesn't become their thinking as they'll not bother, anything for an easier life as they say.
      ...apart from the ambitious ones who want to play at the highest level, of course. Believe it or not they're still about.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
        ...apart from the ambitious ones who want to play at the highest level, of course. Believe it or not they're still about.
        I don't think any of our players will think like that.

They know we are a better team than our position suggests, and i'm sure like us, they feel as long as we stay up, next season we would be a mid table team.

The only players that may actually secretly fancy relegation will be those who don't get any games in the prem and may think in the Championship they'll get game time if some others left.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
          I don't think any of our players will think like that.
          Originally posted by Del View Post

They know we are a better team than our position suggests, and i'm sure like us, they feel as long as we stay up, next season we would be a mid table team.

The only players that may actually secretly fancy relegation will be those who don't get any games in the prem and may think in the Championship they'll get game time if some others left.

IF we happen to go down, I think the players would like to make us and them selves proud.
          It seems like they have gelled, so why split up?
          Im not sure about Tarbs though. I hope he will stay on with us..
          A fantastic player.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Very shrewd if we go straight back up but if not we will be the next Portsmouth I'm afraid and next stop League 1...

Comment

if

if we dropped and kept this playing staff together i think we should win that division by ten clear points cisse will score thirty goals in the season without doubt and zamorra should get about 16 goals can you imagine any body scoring against our defence,i dont want to go down but i think if we do go down we shall come straight back up again,but this time stronger the main problem with the last promotion was that we wre a one man team,and he isnt doing so well so we are screwed
              Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

"A shrewd move by the club in 'no relegation clause contracts'?"
                SHREWD, OH REALLY?
                They should have had relegation clauses to cull the high-earners one way or another in case we are relegated, either by easily offloading them or allowing them to stay with reduced wages. When it comes to contracts, the club is still a joke despite Gianni gone.

Comment

Must admit it goes against the grain to my mind, always thought you should have some sort of clause against relegation, just to protect the future of the club.

Comment

if ............big if we go down then ala newcastle we will get back up pronto im sure because having watched southampton/wet spam/reading they are no where near as good as we were last season...............and our current squad is miles better!
                    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
                      if ............big if we go down then ala newcastle we will get back up pronto im sure because having watched southampton/wet spam/reading they are no where near as good as we were last season...............and our current squad is miles better!
                      The club that has encouraged me into thinking we could get back up is Birmingham.They were in a right shambles at the start, bank accounts frozen, manager gone, best players sold, but Chris Hughton has done an amazing job, never thought they would be anywhere near the playoffs, but at the mo sit 4th.

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
                        the ghost of the cuckoo still crows true!
                        come on you r's!

Comment

who actually said weve got no clauses? is it only papers or is it tony or philip beard that said it? I dont believe a single thing that is written in any newspaper, this was made even stronger with that ar5ehole custis in the sun with regards to us 'definitely getting a deduction'

Comment

Maybe a smart financial move, as I understand it. The big earners can buy out their contacts if they wish to leave. Should cover the costs so far on a few but that only if they get a better offer somewhere else!!!

Boo

Comment

Originally posted by qblockoompah View Post
                              who actually said weve got no clauses? is it only papers or is it tony or philip beard that said it? I dont believe a single thing that is written in any newspaper, this was made even stronger with that ar5ehole custis in the sun with regards to us 'definitely getting a deduction'

Exactly! It cracks me up the amount of people who think they know the detail of our players contracts. Do you all honestly think our owners are that naïve to allow any such info to be made public knowledge. I expect there's been NDA's signed as part of the original deals also. Anything read is pure speculation imo and I expect mostly well wide of the mark.

Anyway even if we go down, we'll have banked some from this season no doubt and we'll get £15m parachute payment which will cover a massive slice of the wages. Most of the rest would be covered to guarantee a bounce straight back policy to return to the prem gravy trainn ie, speculate to accumulate...

Comment

Working...
                              X