long battle ahead now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• long battle ahead now

i was quite confident of survival but that result for blackburn tonight was a total kick in the gonads, trying to stay positive but its a 4 team mini league now and im 50/50 on survival can only see 1 point from our next 3 games hope im wrong.

There may be trouble ahead

Comment

That brings back memories Dave. I was an adviser with Allied Dunbar when that came out.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
        That brings back memories Dave. I was an adviser with Allied Dunbar when that came out.
        Well remembering how they ended up i must say you was pretty shite at giving advice

Comment

Ah right mate i used to quite like the little scenarios they came up with. Did you have to sing to potential customers?

Comment

Win our game in hand tonight and we're out of the bottom 3, and Blackburn's lead is cut to 3 points with an equal goal difference.

How's that for a positive spin on things?

Comment

I have always said i think Blackburn and us will get out of it as we look like scoring in most games, which will get us points (if our luck improves and players dont get stupidly sent off), wheras Wolves, Wigan and Bolton generally dont.

The fact Blackburn are getting points changes nothing in my mind.

Comment

That is a massive result, and massively bad for us. Between us and Bolton now. Horrible to trade on this but our only hope now is Bolton implode over Muamba/ fixture pile up - oh, and that we get some points.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                  Well remembering how they ended up i must say you was pretty shite at giving advice

Comment

Vblock/Brisbane,

Not sure I understand the amusement.

Presumably you are aware that they still exist under another name, just like Norwich Union and countless other companies. Or maybe I'm missing the point?

Comment

Really cannot be bothered with the rest off the season if we don't get at least 4 Pts from the next 2 games. Definately won't be getting a ticket for Chelsea cannot watch that humiliation by them ***** regardless of how well we are doing. Nothing less than a win tonight will do in reality, this shambles of a season cannot end quick enough. Can see me offering up my ST for the last few games, going tonight but would rather watch it on a stream.

Comment

And then there were 4!
                        Bolton
                        Qpr
                        Wigan
                        Wolves

Comment

we are due a sending off arent we??!!

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                            Vblock/Brisbane,

Not sure I understand the amusement.

Presumably you are aware that they still exist under another name, just like Norwich Union and countless other companies. Or maybe I'm missing the point?
                            sorry mate i just seem to remember them being in the news a few years ago being fined for selling dodgy endowments but i suppose that can be said for most of the other carpet bagger finance companies of the time too.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                              sorry mate i just seem to remember them being in the news a few years ago being fined for selling dodgy endowments but i suppose that can be said for most of the other carpet bagger finance companies of the time too.
                              Ah, that's fine then. No problem at all.

Sadly, certain practices within the financial services industry were dubious, to say the least. Like most things though, it was blown out of all proportion with people "trying it on", due to their greed not working out as expected. I could elaborate, but this isn't the place to do it.

Not sure if it would have been my fault though.

Comment

Working...
                              X