No announcement yet.

Fulham Rivalry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We can all laugh at the tourists,day trippers and rinky dinks with their nikon cameras but they are selling tickets and putting money into the club.Where as we can't get 14k through the door against Chelsea in the cup.

Comment

bang on
      Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

also tourists spend, bet their club shop tills are well busy as the food drink kiosks too.
        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

If we stay up you can bet your mortgage QPR will play a game in Malaysia to tap into Asian market to get some of these tourists over here buying shirts,tickets etc. You might not like it but this is what the PL is all about (facepaint,foamhands,tourists)
          Last edited by EYR; 05-03-2012, 07:21 PM.

Comment

They aint on a par with those w*nkers down the Kings Rd but i sense a rivalry in the making provided we stay up. Havent felt as sick as i did when they done us at LR since Lee Cook was sold. (Ironically to them)

Comment

i meet a couple of fulham fans on the train after the match at ours and to be honest they were sound! BUT I STILL HATE THAT BALLSHITTING **** THAT POSTS ON HERE SOMETIMES!!!!!
              LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                I'd never seen us play Fulham until this season so I was always indifferent to them like many R's. However I have no problems admitting I now can't stand them. Thing is so many on here claim they are irrelevant but have spent more time discussing them than any other team this season ten fold....as they have us.
                Have to be honest i haven't seen many between us either, early 80s and then nothing until they're on the way up and we down, and that to me didn't mean much,cause they had Al Fayed backing them and we could barely afford washing powder for the kit, so just a mis-match really.
                Now all of a sudden they're suddenly biting at our ankles like an annoying jack russell, and go and stick 7 past us, with no reply, and all we can do is hope to stay up, so we get revenge next season. :yush: little s***s

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                  Have to be honest i haven't seen many between us either, early 80s and then nothing until they're on the way up and we down, and that to me didn't mean much,cause they had Al Fayed backing them and we could barely afford washing powder for the kit, so just a mis-match really.
                  Now all of a sudden they're suddenly biting at our ankles like an annoying jack russell, and go and stick 7 past us, with no reply, and all we can do is hope to stay up, so we get revenge next season. :yush: little s***s
                  A rivalry develops overtime and what has acted as a catalyst for this rivalry actually happened a decade ago. Including this season this recent rivalry between the two clubs has seen us come off worse every single time which from our point of view wiill increase the hatred towards Fulham whether we like to admit it or not. Fulham themselves hate us in fact whether they like to admit it or not their hatred for us dates back long before the events of a decade ago when they were promoted to Premier League. We'd dismiss the growth of Fulham as a football club due to the influx of tourist fans when in reality we should be giving them some credit. We are two clubs off very similar sizes historical attendances actually showed that it's just at different times in history one club has been hypothetically bigger than the terms of attendances. Fulhams away support has always been a joke even back to the 70s and 80s when a minibus leaving from Putney bridge was the extent of their away support. We on the other hand view ourselves as being more hard-core in terms of support and rightly so something which the majority of Fulham fans will begrudgingly acknowledge even if it pains then to do so. We view ourselves somewhat as the working class heroes of Hammersmith and Fulham where as we view for them as a middle class supporting football team which by comparisons to us is somewhat of a joke. To an extent there is a certain amount of truth in this though we do tend to greatly exaggerate the real extent of this theory as Fullam like us do have fans from a working-class background but we have a tendency to focus on the elements off their support which is different to our own which is good when taking the ****. What we have in my opinion is a perfectly poised local rivalry which we should embrace instead of dismiss. Both clubs in my opinion through the years have been lacking a real local rivalry compared to a lot of other London clubs therefore I don't think it would hurt for this on
                  e to grow in its intensity.
                  Last edited by W12_Ranger; 05-03-2012, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Yeah i know what you're saying and it does make more sense than Luton for instance,
                    but just not used to them.
                    Mind you as you say continually beating us is really starting to pi** me off now, and i so want to stay up just so we have a full pre-season with manager and board, to really go at the likes of foolham, Naaaaar-rich, next year and shove their smart ars* comments right down their throats.

Comment

If we stay up, it going to change big time, I think we fans Qpr have been very soft on fulham this season, that because we never really saw them as rival.

They are going to get the chelsea treatment next season, I am pretty sure of that, on and off the pitch but foolham will never replace my real hate for chelsea

Comment

Working...
                      X