Will this be MH's starting 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theblackmafia. View Post
    I'm not convinced MH will play Traore on the left wing although I would like him to. I haven't seen any reports or quotes from MH sayiny that is his plan
    And yep, I pray like everyone else that Hughes sees this. Really quite baffling how far Traore has gotten in his career where he's still thought of as (perhaps thinks of himself as!) a full back. Besides not being very good at it he clearly doesn't relish defending at all.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
      I am really looking forward to see who MH plays where in his strongest team, but on paper, the following playing in their most effective positions, does look full of pace and power. Also, the bench looks stronger and provides cover all over the place.

-------------------Kenny-----------------
      - Young - Onuoha - Ferdinand - Taiwo -
      -- SWP -- Barton -- Diatike -- Traore --
      ----------- Cisse ----- Zamora ----------

Subs
      Cerny or Murphy
      Hall or Gabbidon
      Derry
      Mackie
      Taarabt or Buzz
      Helguson
      Bothroyd
      Would have both Adel and Akos on the bench, and drop Derry. Otherwise I totally agree. Mark Hughes is a 442 man, and Taarabt has never performed in that formation. His non-exsistant defensive qualities means that the only place he would work is playing just behind the striker. Would love to see him linking up with Cisse, but with Zamora signing I can't see Hughes thinking the same

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
        If Barton doesn't start performing at his best, I would put Adel behind the strikers with diakite at centre mid. Sort of like a diamond formation.
        Its a fair suggestion to raise. Problem with Barton is he isn't a really combatitive defensive midfielder but he isn't a Lampard style attacking goal machine either. Nor is he a box to box player in the Bryan Robson tradition because he doesn't have the pace. So if you play him with a purely defensive midfielder there isn't much creativity in the centre but if you play him with Adel or Buz against better teams there might not be enough cover for the defence. He certainly has his attributes but he also has his limitations.

Our problem is that Hughes has inhereted the teams of different managers so the best individuals we have don't necessarily make the best team.

Comment

Agree with that. You can really see why Newcastle ended up stationing him on the right.

Comment

In fact didn't we do that in the second half against Sunderland if I recall correctly? Adel in the middle and Barton on the right? JB was involved in the play about 90% less but the team seemed to improve greatly (coincidence I'm sure...)

Comment

Adel on the left each and every time for me, Traore has only played there in a 5 not a 4 and any defender worth their salt will just show him inside onto his right foot. Adel if he can maintain the defensive discipline he showed v Norwich can going forward on the left go outside, inside, cross, thread a pass, shoot. Think Adel v Norwich, Think Adel v Swansea last season much of Adel's best work goals assists etc all come from the left, when he has started centrally he drifts left, and Warnock played him more on the left last season than he did centrally

Comment

cant believe this has gone 3 pages without anyone mentioning or realising that zamora cant play tonight he was signed too late
                i supported qpr in the glory days when chris kiwomya and michael ngonge played up front

Comment

Originally posted by westsussexranger View Post
                  cant believe this has gone 3 pages without anyone mentioning or realising that zamora cant play tonight he was signed too late
                  I think the words "in his strongest team", allowed for the fact that not everyone can play tonight. Hence the inclusion of our "Africans", who may or may not even be here.

Comment

Originally posted by westsussexranger View Post
                    I was just going to post the same thing, needed to be done by 12 midday the day before a game, Cisse can play as that was wrapped up early doors.

Comment

Cisse i believe needs international clearance before he can play?....

Comment

I cant believe people cant read and no wonder there are so many spats on here.

Comment

Originally posted by essex View Post
                          i'd be tempted to play 3-4-1-2

-------------------Kenny-----------------
                          ---- Onuoha - Ferdinand - Taiwo ----
                          -- SWP -- Barton -- Diatike -- Traore --
                          -------------------Adel-----------------
                          ----------- Cisse ----- Zamora ----------
                          That's what I was going to say was to play 3 at the back if we have to, at home maybe?

Comment

Working...
                          X