Shameful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pauldrayton View Post
    I've just never heard such a ridiculous suggestion. I think sporting arenas would be far more pleasant without people like you attending.
    "that's it Mackie, you keep doing that, yep, close your eyes, head down and....go!....go on my son, oh, never mind, chin up old bean...now you have the ball again, keep going my love, oh no, lose it again did you, come on son, there is still anoyher 88mins to get it right - sorry, I mean to continue to keep trying"....sounds like fun!

Comment

Well if you expect champagne football and for us to outplay one of the best teams in Europe and you won't support them unless they do then we have little hope.

Get behind the team whatever's happening. I thought we were supporters, not just spectators.
      No one's saying they want "champagne football" but by your argument there would be no point in turning up if the best team on paper always wins.
      If you can't match ability you try to win a game by other means

Comment

I think it is shameful to abuse our own players. Slagging them off is not going to help their confidence.

If the manager picks them, I support them.

And no I don't think it's ok to abuse a cricketer that you're supposed to be supporting.

I think we view football in different ways. You're obviously a spectator who will shout and abuse if you're not happy with what you see. I will support the team no matter what, and trust the manager to deal with any players who are underperforming.
        Well you need to have a word with a few others on here then cause there are plenty that don't share your view.... Jamie Mackie?

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
          I wasn't one of those calling for Warnock to go. Now he has I back Hughes. My point is that when you are in a relegation dog-fight it is not going to be pretty and expectations should be lower. There are going to be plenty of v frustrating days at Loftus Rd this season as we try to grind out results. When Arsenal come to Loftus Rd I wouldn't be surprised if Hughes parks the bus and hopes to hit them on the break - if it works, great, if not we move on to the next game.

People are free to shout and moan as much as they like if that makes them happy but a) it doesn't help b) it is incredibly ungrateful when its only a few years ago we were getting tonked 5-0 by Southend or some other pony club c) we now have a manager who whatever you stance on Warnock was welcomed across virtually our entire fan base as a coup for our club d) we have a board apparently backing the manager in the transfer window to an extent that has very little precedent in our club's entire history and certainly isn't funded by gate receipts e) come our next home match you might only see a few of Saturday's players on the pitch and I'm optimistic that the likes of Mackie will from then on be no more than bit part players e) if we really get behind the team (even the limited players we might have to select from time to time) we might just increase our chances of avoiding relegation.

But as I say, carry on moaning if it makes you feel better...
          I do get behind the players I was one of the very few that said we could beat the **** the 1st time and was with the few others ridiculed and
          and told we have no chance this is a top 4 team.

It's not a case of carry on moaning, it's a difference of opinion and just because I disagree am told don't know what you expect etc
          Again I'm not talking about playing pretty football but you've got to compete.
          Don't forget this was a cup tie so you may as well lose 3-0 as 1-0, we had nothing to lose

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
            No one's saying they want "champagne football" but by your argument there would be no point in turning up if the best team on paper always wins.
            If you can't match ability you try to win a game by other means
            Of course you HOPE your team will turn it on and win the game against massive odds but don't EXPECT it, and when it doesn't happen, live with it. I'm as fed up as any supporter with Jamie Mackie but it is precisely because I know what a limited footballer he is - along with several other players on Sat - it was no great shock to me that we got played off the park by some of the best footballlers in world football. If with our new players we are out-played and out-battled by Wolves, then I will worry. Until then I'll remain reasonably positive.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
              Of course you HOPE your team will turn it on and win the game against massive odds but don't EXPECT it, and when it doesn't happen, live with it. I'm as fed up as any supporter with Jamie Mackie but it is precisely because I know what a limited footballer he is - along with several other players on Sat - it was no great shock to me that we got played off the park by some of the best footballlers in world football. If with our new players we are out-played and out-battled by Wolves, then I will worry. Until then I'll remain reasonably positive.
              It's not about winning for me Stainrod it's about what i percieve as lack of effort
              of course we don't go into games like these expecting to win, christ 35/6 years has taught me that.
              As i have said i am positive and have been,but i will say if Warnock's side had played like that, you would have had some very vocal fans telling you we are not here to watch the other team and we're not tourists having a nice day out

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                It's not about winning for me Stainrod it's about what i percieve as lack of effort
                of course we don't go into games like these expecting to win, christ 35/6 years has taught me that.
                As i have said i am positive and have been,but i will say if Warnock's side had played like that, you would have had some very vocal fans telling you we are not here to watch the other team and we're not tourists having a nice day out
                Fair enough, as you say, we are all entitled to opinions. Imo we did try fairly hard but simply weren't good enough. Just think we can't draw too many conclusions about Hughes or our team from an FA Cup tie in his 4th game in charge. Lets at least wait to see how we do against Villa and Wolves with - I hope - a stronger team and our league status to play for when hopefully you will see a team fighting for their lives.

Comment

Good post Stainrod, and if thats how you saw so be it
                  Not suggesting you are 1 of the vocal fans I mentioned and have seen enough on here to realise you are a thoughtful poster and offer well balanced opinions.
                  I would like to clarify as well that I'm not anti-MH and realy want him to do well.
                  Do agree also that we need new players no doubt about that, my view was.... well you know that already,
                  Here's hoping to 4/5 newplayers and 2 being strikers, for me anyway

Comment

Working...
                  X