Shameful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shameful

It's so tedious being a QPR fan at times because so many supporters are complete @rseholes.

FFS everything is always so negative:

SWP is sh*te, Taarabt can f*ck off, Bothroyd can't shoot, I hate Barton....

Tactics were dreadful, we created nothing.....etc etc etc

It's unbelievable. Look where we were just a few years ago - losing to Vauxhall motors and Steve Palmer at centre mid. No money, terrible football and no prospect of getting anywhere. We now have owners who are putting their money into the club and have a plan to develop the team and the infrastructure around it.

But all people can do is complain. Yesterday we lost 1-0 from a very soft penalty. But we lost to Chelsea, whose squad has been put together over many years and cost huge sums of money. It was no disgrace and I thought the players tried hard.

Abusing our own players is unfortunately something a lot of QPR fans like to do but I wish they'd just not bother going to games. Support the f*cking team, support the players, support the owners. If all you can do is complain then please just go elsewhere. "I've paid my money, I have a right to abuse if I want to" I hear you say - well keep your money in your pocket in future.

We are back in the Premier League - other teams' supporters get behind them every game whether they're winning, losing or drawing. But all some QPR fans want to do is search for the negatives. It's pathetic, boring and unhelpful.

It's a sad day when you're ashamed by your fellow supporters' behaviour.

Greatfully things have moved on since them dark grey days.THANK GOD! or is that (Tango & Cash,) We are back in the Prem with that comes expectation? we've always been good at getting on our own players backs, remember the stick Furlong got when he first arrived, but he won the fans around
    Sadly I think being an Rs fan brings out the worst in us i.e. we're always the pesimists rather tham optimists,
    ONWARDS & UPWARDS 3 points at Villa will help?

Comment

Agree 100%. They give a whole new meaning to the word "supporter" (not that half of them actually go).

If they had bothered to read up on Hughes they wd have found out that when he has taken over a struggling club like Blackburn it was far from pretty, big emphasis on defence and lots of draws. But it kept the team up. Some fans get so emotional they can't see the bigger picture - they expect to be playing expansive football against the world's best with Jamie Mackie, Clint Hill and Tommy Smith in the side - then scream at the players for not being as good as someone who has cost £30m.

Comment

Exactly. We can't afford a single Chelsea player. Simple as that.

And as you say the likes of Mackie, Hill & Smith are great Championship players and will give 100% but they're not world class. We have to support what we've got.

Screaming at SWP and Jay Bothroyd is really going to do their confidence the world of good isn't it.

Comment

dave, 3 points at Villa may well help but are we really just going to support the team when they're winning? I think we should be supporting them regardless, safe in the knowledge that the owners, manager and players are trying their best.

You're right that we're good at getting on our own players' backs but it makes me cringe and it's the last thing we need.

Comment

A dire nil-nil draw in which we fail to muster a single shot on goal wd still be a great evening at Villa Park. Not sure what some expectations are based on.

Comment

SWP will come good all players have dips in form getting on his back will not help it improve any time sooner
              Dyslexic so please don't feel the need to correct my spelling mistakes as I really don't give a **** and before you say use spell checker if it is spelt right / wright but not in context spell check is useless

Comment

A lot of R's fans are very ungrateful... very fickle... get a life :yush:

Comment

I'm not exactly disagreeing, but i'm not so sure people are genuinely negative. It just comes accross that way because in these forums we are discussing the negative issues. If people just said i'm happy Jamie Mackie tries hard, it would be a pointless forum. This, surely, is the place to have a moan about something QPR? And we're all so passionately desperate not to be relegated...
                  Last edited by Cornish R; 29-01-2012, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Macheda is still shite.

Comment

Originally posted by Cornish R View Post
                      I'm not exactly disagreeing, but i'm not so sure people are genuinely negative. It just comes accross that way because in these forums we are discussing the negative issues. If people just said i'm happy Jamie Mackie tries hard, it would be a pointless forum. This, surely, is the place to have a moan about something QPR? And we're all so passionately desperate not to be relegated...

spot on

Comment

Originally posted by pauldrayton View Post
                        dave, 3 points at Villa may well help but are we really just going to support the team when they're winning? I think we should be supporting them regardless, safe in the knowledge that the owners, manager and players are trying their best.

You're right that we're good at getting on our own players' backs but it makes me cringe and it's the last thing we need.
                        Those that know me, know that I support my team home and away everygame for years WINNING DRAWING & LOSING and a'm not in the game of booing our players that never helps? we have players with limitations and if they are giving their best thats all you can ask! But sadly I don't think endeavor on its own will keep us in this league? And I defy any Rs fan to deny that they hav'nt slagged a player off at some stage during a game because they would be lying

Comment

Voicing an opinion at how poorly a player has been playing isnt being ungrateful. Im delighted at the strides we have taken in such a short time but that doesnt mean i have to applaud every sh1t performance one of our higher wage earners has been putting in.

I think Barton is getting better each time i see him after a slow start so i harbour hope that SWP has it in him to step up a few gears, especially now Hughes is manager

Comment

I have never shouted anything at a player and I have never booed any QPR player....ever.

It's counter-productive and embarrassing. If people want to discuss the abilities of each player on a forum then fine, but to criticise them during a game is pathetic in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by pauldrayton View Post
                              I have never shouted anything at a player and I have never booed any QPR player....ever.

It's counter-productive and embarrassing. If people want to discuss the abilities of each player on a forum then fine, but to criticise them during a game is pathetic in my opinion.
                              Yes but at the same time you are not going to cheer and applaud when SWP cuts inside and runs into a defender for the 8th time either though are you?

Comment

Working...
                              X