Shameful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
    A dire nil-nil draw in which we fail to muster a single shot on goal wd still be a great evening at Villa Park. Not sure what some expectations are based on.
    So dire performances under Hughes are acceptable but not under Warnock.
    If fans want to voice their displeasure at what was seen by many as a gutless, sterile performance then they shouldn't be abused and told to F-off and follow ****sea it's a difference of opinion!
    The 1st game against this lot was a display full of grit, fight and spirit the same opposition that some are saying are now for some reason unbeatable because they spend millions on players.
    They came to us yesterday expecting the same type of intensity as many of our fans did and instead of facing an onslaught of Lions, got kittens.

Comment

Play him on the right and he wouldn't have to!

In all seriousness I like SWP and think he will come good. Traore on the left and him on the right would give us good width and more of a threat going forward I think.

Comment

QPRDave I hope you are joking - if not we were watching very different games.

Chelsea were all over us with 9 men and could have scored a number of times. I have never seen such an inept performance - even though we won it was unbelievable how we couldn't keep the ball when we had 2 extra outfield players.

They were the better team with 11 men yesterday but they didn't have many clear-cut chances.

I thought it was a vast improvement, despite the result. And with Traore & Taarabt away and Bothroyd & DJ injured I'm not that surprised we offered little going forward.

Comment

They were the better team cause they had as much time as they wanted on the ball.
          You think the 1st performance was inept? There was at least a passion and desire to compete. BTW theres you criticising fans for complaining about yesterday's performance,
          and reminding us where we were and you've just done the same thing by calling that 1st game inept, perhaps you ani't so perfect afterall.
          I will concede we did have Taarabt & Traore missing and they would have mase a big difference, but there was no will to get in their faces and rough em up a bit, maybe all down to the scrutiny surrounding the game

Comment

Originally posted by pauldrayton View Post
            It's so tedious being a QPR fan at times because so many supporters are complete @rseholes.

FFS everything is always so negative:

SWP is sh*te, Taarabt can f*ck off, Bothroyd can't shoot, I hate Barton....

Tactics were dreadful, we created nothing.....etc etc etc

It's unbelievable. Look where we were just a few years ago - losing to Vauxhall motors and Steve Palmer at centre mid. No money, terrible football and no prospect of getting anywhere. We now have owners who are putting their money into the club and have a plan to develop the team and the infrastructure around it.

But all people can do is complain. Yesterday we lost 1-0 from a very soft penalty. But we lost to Chelsea, whose squad has been put together over many years and cost huge sums of money. It was no disgrace and I thought the players tried hard.

Abusing our own players is unfortunately something a lot of QPR fans like to do but I wish they'd just not bother going to games. Support the f*cking team, support the players, support the owners. If all you can do is complain then please just go elsewhere. "I've paid my money, I have a right to abuse if I want to" I hear you say - well keep your money in your pocket in future.

We are back in the Premier League - other teams' supporters get behind them every game whether they're winning, losing or drawing. But all some QPR fans want to do is search for the negatives. It's pathetic, boring and unhelpful.

It's a sad day when you're ashamed by your fellow supporters' behaviour.
            this line boring and tedious

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
              So dire performances under Hughes are acceptable but not under Warnock.
              If fans want to voice their displeasure at what was seen by many as a gutless, sterile performance then they shouldn't be abused and told to F-off and follow ****sea it's a difference of opinion!
              The 1st game against this lot was a display full of grit, fight and spirit the same opposition that some are saying are now for some reason unbeatable because they spend millions on players.
              They came to us yesterday expecting the same type of intensity as many of our fans did and instead of facing an onslaught of Lions, got kittens.
              I wasn't one of those calling for Warnock to go. Now he has I back Hughes. My point is that when you are in a relegation dog-fight it is not going to be pretty and expectations should be lower. There are going to be plenty of v frustrating days at Loftus Rd this season as we try to grind out results. When Arsenal come to Loftus Rd I wouldn't be surprised if Hughes parks the bus and hopes to hit them on the break - if it works, great, if not we move on to the next game.

People are free to shout and moan as much as they like if that makes them happy but a) it doesn't help b) it is incredibly ungrateful when its only a few years ago we were getting tonked 5-0 by Southend or some other pony club c) we now have a manager who whatever you stance on Warnock was welcomed across virtually our entire fan base as a coup for our club d) we have a board apparently backing the manager in the transfer window to an extent that has very little precedent in our club's entire history and certainly isn't funded by gate receipts e) come our next home match you might only see a few of Saturday's players on the pitch and I'm optimistic that the likes of Mackie will from then on be no more than bit part players e) if we really get behind the team (even the limited players we might have to select from time to time) we might just increase our chances of avoiding relegation.

But as I say, carry on moaning if it makes you feel better...

Comment

....come on guys n gals, unless you go to every game home and away you are not a 'real' fan and unless you accept we are in a better place now than 15 years ago without complaining then you too are also not a 'real' fan. Anyone who dares suggest our performance yesterday was way below what we expected gets shot down in flames...."they cost £300m you know ", "they are a top 4 side", "we are full of championship players...."....blah, bleeding blah, I expect my team to make an effort and I don't care who the opposition is and those players yesterday were an embarrassment - but let's just pretend MH is God and we will be saved....not performing like that we won't.

Comment

do what, be grateful!? Why? Did we ask our owners to take over? Did we ask them to tell us lies? Did we ask them to buy him, him or him? No, so what do we need to ge grateful for? I support my team whoever the bleeding owners are and they should be grateful tox us.

Comment

Originally posted by pauldrayton View Post
                    It's so tedious being a QPR fan at times because so many supporters are complete @rseholes.

FFS everything is always so negative:

SWP is sh*te, Taarabt can f*ck off, Bothroyd can't shoot, I hate Barton....

Tactics were dreadful, we created nothing.....etc etc etc

It's unbelievable. Look where we were just a few years ago - losing to Vauxhall motors and Steve Palmer at centre mid. No money, terrible football and no prospect of getting anywhere. We now have owners who are putting their money into the club and have a plan to develop the team and the infrastructure around it.

But all people can do is complain. Yesterday we lost 1-0 from a very soft penalty. But we lost to Chelsea, whose squad has been put together over many years and cost huge sums of money. It was no disgrace and I thought the players tried hard.

Abusing our own players is unfortunately something a lot of QPR fans like to do but I wish they'd just not bother going to games. Support the f*cking team, support the players, support the owners. If all you can do is complain then please just go elsewhere. "I've paid my money, I have a right to abuse if I want to" I hear you say - well keep your money in your pocket in future.

We are back in the Premier League - other teams' supporters get behind them every game whether they're winning, losing or drawing. But all some QPR fans want to do is search for the negatives. It's pathetic, boring and unhelpful.

It's a sad day when you're ashamed by your fellow supporters' behaviour.
                    Welcome to the world of football forums. People use them to vent their frustrations. When things are good they're most likely down the pub sharing a beer with their mates.

I was in R block yesterday and I did'nt hear the players getting much abuse tbh. The odd bit of moaning here and there but not abuse they would be able to hear over the noise of others. And that's the main thing, you can complain about the players here but when you're in the ground you need to get 100% behind them and the team.

Comment

blackmafia, Hughes has only been in charge for a couple of weeks!

I can't believe what I'm reading.

I never said you have to be pleased with every performance, it's just the constant negativity and slagging off players that grates so much.

I'm sure we could be outplayed by Barcelona in the Champions League final, scrape a win and still "supporters" would complain that we were lucky and we'll never win the Champions League again playing like that.

We are a small club with a limited budget in a transitional period. Get behind the team and stop searching for every problem with the squad.

Comment

Originally posted by theblackmafia. View Post
                        ....come on guys n gals, unless you go to every game home and away you are not a 'real' fan and unless you accept we are in a better place now than 15 years ago without complaining then you too are also not a 'real' fan. Anyone who dares suggest our performance yesterday was way below what we expected gets shot down in flames...."they cost £300m you know ", "they are a top 4 side", "we are full of championship players...."....blah, bleeding blah, I expect my team to make an effort and I don't care who the opposition is and those players yesterday were an embarrassment - but let's just pretend MH is God and we will be saved....not performing like that we won't.
                        I thought we defended well yesterday. Seeing as Paddy had little or nothing to save bar the penalty. You have to expect Chelsea to see more of the ball, unfortunately when we did get it we wasted our chances, with silly mis-controls of the ball, or bad crosses, free kicks, corners.

We restricted them to fewer chances than we did when they had 9 men earlier in the season. Unfortunately we lack that bit of class going forward without Adel. SWP can provide it when he's on the right and in form.

Comment

Originally posted by cubicle View Post
                          Welcome to the world of football forums. People use them to vent their frustrations. When things are good they're most likely down the pub sharing a beer with their mates.

I was in R block yesterday and I did'nt hear the players getting much abuse tbh. The odd bit of moaning here and there but not abuse they would be able to hear over the noise of others. And that's the main thing, you can complain about the players here but when you're in the ground you need to get 100% behind them and the team.
                          Well said , dont think the OP understands what a forum is for
                          Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

QPRDave, I do think we were inept in the first game against Chelsea - 10 outfield players against 8 and they totally dominated us and should have won the game. However I didn't shout at the team for it and #### off all the players.

I thought we did better yesterday against one of the best teams in Europe.

Comment

vespa, our fans have abused Jay Bothroyd, SWP and others this season.

Shameful imo.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                                A dire nil-nil draw in which we fail to muster a single shot on goal wd still be a great evening at Villa Park. Not sure what some expectations are based on.

Comment

Working...
                                X