Formation question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formation question

Probably like a lot of you I've been trying to work out our team for next season and the main difficulty I see is that playing Buzz and Faulin in the same team cd force us to use five in midfield, or some variation of that like two in a withdrawn midfield position and three attacking midfielders. I, BTW, don't have any problem with that formation but it wd be nice to have the flexibility to play 4-4-2 on other occasions, such as when we are playing weak teams at home.
    But is there a way round this problem? Could anyone who has seen Faulin play say if he cd take the holding role? Or does he need either Legs or Rowly alongside him to do the ugly stuff? Alternatvely, with Cook injuried and Tarrabt playing up top, cd he as a left footed player be deployed out wide?
    I agree with all those who say we still need an out and out goal scorer but more positively you have to say even with the players we have it is quite hard to fit everyone you would want playing in the team.
    So far I'd have Vine up front, Tarrabt as a sort of slightly withdrawn inside left, Buz in the hole and routledge out wide with Faulin and either Legs/ Rowly in the holding role. But that means no Balanta, Helguson or the Italian.
    Thoughts...? :confused:

This 3-5-2 formation might work for some games but it would require Balanta and Routledge to operate as wing-backs (with HH or Pecallori on the bench if needed):

----------------Cerny----------------

------Stewart---Gorkss----Connolly

--------Leigertwood----Faurlin--------

Routledge------Buzsaky------Balanta

---------Vine-------Taarabt----------

Comment

confused

Comment

Would like to see 442 at home and happy with 451 away.
        Dont mind 451 at home tbh if we have Routledge,Vine,Buzsaky and Tarrabt all in the team,its when we play 451 with Legs and Mahon holding and no creativity

Comment

----------------cerny----------------
          ramage---connolly---stewart---gorkss

-------leigertwood---faurlin-----------

--routledge-----buzsaky-----taarabt--

-----------------vine-----------------

Comment

-------------cerny--------------

legs---connolly--gorkks---borrowdale

----------rowlands------------------

routledge--buzsaky----taraabt

-------vine----helguson------------

Comment

er

----------------------------------cerney--------------------------------------leighterwood--------stewert------connolly---------------gorrks---------

---ruledge----buzsacky---------rowlands---------------------vine----------

-------------piccallily-------------balanta---------------------------------

i would start season like this and let other players chalange for places

Comment

-------------------- Cerny --------------------
                ---- Connolly ---- Gorkks ---- Stewart ----
                ---------------- legsofwood -------------------
                - Routledge - Rowlands - Faurlin - Taarabt -
                ------------------ Buzsaky --------------------
                ---------------------- Vine ---------------------

Comment

Whatever anyone might think or want, we will play 4 at the back. Although it would be great to see 3-5-2 we don't have the players to operate the system. Routledge doesn't track back, neither would Taraabt. Asking Vine or Balanta to do so minimises their affect up field. I think to play 3-5-2 you effectively need 5 defenders with two of them playing more attacking roles - Daniel Alves type players who have the speed to fly up the wings and the quality to put a final ball in. The only other way we could operate this system is to make Rowlands or Leigertwood sit in front of the defence and drop into it everytime we are defending.

Comment

sirpiechucker - If Routledge or Taraabt wont track back and defend, play Ainsworth and Hogan who will and they will get the message pretty quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                      sirpiechucker - If Routledge or Taraabt wont track back and defend, play Ainsworth and Hogan who will and they will get the message pretty quickly.
                      Would they though? Footballers aren't the most intelligent creatures.

If you play 4-4-2 or 4-5-1, which includes a defensive midfielder they won't need to track back as much but both players are the type who don't believe they should have defensive duties.

Comment

Vine and Tarrbt up front.

Routledge/Buzsacky/Rowlands/Fuarlin. midfield

You are right the squad does look stronger, I want to play Balanta but no where to play him
                        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

I think people worry about formations and find reasons why it wont work but even the most stupid of footballer understands that if you are told to stay wide - you do, if you are told to play of the last defender - you do and if you are told to get back and defend - you do, otherwise you will be subbed.

Look at how 15 and 16 year old players at Arsenal do it with their eyes closed. Could it be that because they play to a system from U13's up to the first team ?

Comment

Whatever we do, I think playing 3 at the back would be an appauling choice.

Regardless of how well Stewart played last season, he'd be an absolute liability in a 3 man defence. He's had one good season in his whole career and all of a sudden some of our fans feel he's class, and in some crazy minds even our best CB.

Taking last season away, he's far too inconsistant and would cost us dearly in a 3 man defence. He lacks concentration and did so on more than a few occasions towards the end of the last campaign.
                            Your mum would love me...

Comment

Benny spot on and lets play 4 4 2.
                              We need to be attacking with natural wingers NOT wing backs as we don't have the players to play that. Connelly and Gorrks in the middle all day long. The defence is the easy one still working out the midfield and i'll get back to you on this one.
                              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Working...
                              X