Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
    Benny spot on and lets play 4 4 2.
    We need to be attacking with natural wingers NOT wing backs as we don't have the players to play that. Connelly and Gorrks in the middle all day long. The defence is the easy one still working out the midfield and i'll get back to you on this one.
    We're doing well lately mate
    Your mum would love me...

Comment

Benny, I agree about Stewart and if we still had Delaney (or any other good left back), I would have him (them) playing instead for balance.

Comment

It is like a marriage we seem to have got through the rocky times. The problem is we are working with Pete who hasn't got a clue when it comes to the defence. He seems to judge attacking players with much more ease. He will learn and we just need to keep educating him and others. Anyway how is blackstock getting on? ;)
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Defence takes care of itself. I keep hearing we have a great defence, I just don't want to see Mahon or legiterwood in front of it at home.
          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

I think you're all missing something here.

The chairman and Pete have made it quite clear that the ONLYb formation that can be used at loftus road is 442.

The last manager was slaughtered by some on this site for not playing 442, even though he never had the players to do so.:(

Comment

You don't play 1 up front at home, especially a 19 year old from Italy. Please don't tell me he had no alternative, we could go on all day about Blackstock, fact is he was available to play. We must be the only club in the championship who get in a loan a player like tarrabt and play him 5 minutes away to Southampton. Anyway, thats history. Thank gould, it will be more entertaining this season, that will be reflected in crowd attendances as well in time.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Your get slated for that post High but I agree with that. I am NOT a Sousa fan however I do understand the bigger picture.

Comment

Blackstock was shocking at playing the lone striker role. Just a fact

Comment

Originally posted by highgradeR View Post
                    I think you're all missing something here.

The chairman and Pete have made it quite clear that the ONLYb formation that can be used at loftus road is 442.

The last manager was slaughtered by some on this site for not playing 442, even though he never had the players to do so.:(
                    The problem is Buz cant play in a 442 and was most effective under De Canio playing behind the front man

Mid Next season

Lm Vine Cm Rowlands Cm Legs Rm Routledge

Att Mid Buz

Striker
                    We Are The People.....

Comment

what is this countrys obsession with 442? if midfield is your strength then play a formation that would use midfield best. 4-1-3-2 is the best formation for us i think. rowly holding. only work at home tho i think.

Comment

How many games did he play as lone striker at home?

Not neccesarily you, but the negative posters come out in force each year.

Comment

think blackstock played on his own really well. especially when he had nitto support from our midfield, but what do u expect from mahon n legs?!

Comment

Don't get me wrong I am hopeful about next season.
                            I do however have my concerns about this new Italian.
                            To me its a gamble and a gamble we shouldn't need to be taking.
                            We can't hide the fact that we should of bought a proven striker.
                            Like I said our hope's are resting with this new italian.
                            I do expect a better season for Helguson and I think if he can get some early goals he will be a different player. I am just being cautious as I am fed up with disappointment

Comment

Blackstock is to lightweight to play the lone striker and falls over with a slight head wind. He is lucky because I think forest will play with 2 but I don't blame Sousa and the other 3 managers for dropping him. He is a very ordinary striker at this level and has not improved one bit. It is good for us and him so lets move on.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                                I think people worry about formations and find reasons why it wont work but even the most stupid of footballer understands that if you are told to stay wide - you do, if you are told to play of the last defender - you do and if you are told to get back and defend - you do, otherwise you will be subbed.

Look at how 15 and 16 year old players at Arsenal do it with their eyes closed. Could it be that because they play to a system from U13's up to the first team ?
                                Very true. I think you've highlighted a problem, which many forget about. It doesn't matter what level you play in at Barcelona or Arsenal you'll play the same system. At QPR the system changes weekly at those coming through the youth system have to adapt and when they've mastered the new system it changes again.

The sooner we sort out our youth policy and scouting networks not only will we save money in the long run but we will have players who know the QPR way of football.

Comment

Working...
                                X