Just out of interest...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SouthWestHoop View Post
    I used to hate it too but we cant fool ourselves about the size of our fanbase. theres us, you and Chelsea in a tiny borough. All the youngsters grow up and latch on to the bigger teams which leave us trailing behind. id rather us sell out with a few thousand tourists than have the seats empty. they come and spend a good few quid too. keeps the owner happy and thats all that matters really. bit of a kick for us oldskool loyals but football is all about the pound notes now.
    fair point

Comment

Originally posted by AgsQPR View Post
      Even that stuffs not strong enough to make me think Ferdinand and Onouha are better than King and Kaboul!

In all seriousness though, on paper now, our defence does look pretty f00king solid. I think most sides outside the top 6 would quite like be able to field Young Ferdinand Onouha & Taiwo. Alot more confident now
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

couldnt see the admin allowing me to call myself Fulham something..
        All you had to do was ask.

To answer your question as we went down you started making your way up, plus I have some Fulham friends who couldn't stop giving it the large one.

Comment

When you say there isn't real rivalry between QPR and Fulham think many Fulham fans are just looking at it way too much from the perspective of the last 15 years when we have been out of the top flight. Until that pretty well all my life time (I was born in '68) we were the far more successful team. Not saying that to put you down, just to explain that the clubs are probably more evenly matched than Fulham wd like to admit. Not that many years ago when Fulham was playing in front of a few thousand.

If you are looking for reasons for rivalry I wd say mid to late nineties - we had either just gone down or were just about to when you were going up the other way and your fans sang "we'll never play you again". We of course wd have done exactly the same but its one of those moments as a football fan you remember, painfully.

Personally I think QPR - Fulham rivalry will grow big time. Although both sets of supporters sound off about Chelsea, as long as they have Abramovich they are out of sight of both of us. But now with QPR's new backers we are likley to be battling round about the same place in the table as Fulham for quite a few years to come. Both will establish themselves as decent mid-table teams imho.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
            All you had to do was ask.

To answer your question as we went down you started making your way up, plus I have some Fulham friends who couldn't stop giving it the large one.

Yeah i think thats the main reason for the older fans. ive got loads of rangers mates who used to give it to me when you boys were in L1.. it will always happen though. good to have another derby. best days of the season!

Comment

I hate Fulham because Mohamed Al Fayed's family got our Princess Di killed.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRcat View Post
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                  When you say there isn't real rivalry between QPR and Fulham think many Fulham fans are just looking at it way too much from the perspective of the last 15 years when we have been out of the top flight. Until that pretty well all my life time (I was born in '68) we were the far more successful team. Not saying that to put you down, just to explain that the clubs are probably more evenly matched than Fulham wd like to admit. Not that many years ago when Fulham was playing in front of a few thousand.

If you are looking for reasons for rivalry I wd say mid to late nineties - we had either just gone down or were just about to when you were going up the other way and your fans sang "we'll never play you again". We of course wd have done exactly the same but its one of those moments as a football fan you remember, painfully.

Personally I think QPR - Fulham rivalry will grow big time. Although both sets of supporters sound off about Chelsea, as long as they have Abramovich they are out of sight of both of us. But now with QPR's new backers we are likley to be battling round about the same place in the table as Fulham for quite a few years to come. Both will establish themselves as decent mid-table teams imho.
                  Yeah id like to think we will both stay up and i mean that. 3 premier league teams in one tiny little borough? puts West London bang on the map!

Comment

Originally posted by QPRcat View Post
                    i think you'll find 'your' royal family probably done that.. if it was him then i'll stick my neck out here and say that one backfired a bit?

Comment

Spoken to a few of you on here and they will know i'm a Fulham fan.

Abuse me if you feel the need to but i just want to ask a question as i myself cant answer it.

Do you really hate Fulham and if so why? I admit i say i hate QPR sometimes but in all honesty its only since you came up, before this season i had been to a few rangers games with pals etc and had a good day. Ive never really had any reason to actually hate you lot? I know that its different with Chelsea, id hate them even if they left the prem and started playing in Spain but thats just Chelsea, Everyone hates them!

I suppose the Hughes situation probably didnt help our relationship but still, i hope tomorrow is a good day for you boys and tonight is for us. And whatever you do.. MAKE JOHN TERRYS LIFE HELL!
                      I can tell you my personal opinion about your team:

To me Fulham is a small FC /home matches used to be watched by around 5-6000/ without history whatsoever /apart from that UEFA cup final recently/, most of your supporters are ex-QPR fans who were very disappointed when QPR relegated and they wanted to keep watching Prem League football. So those people are neither QPR nor Fulham supporters but if you ask them they`ll swear to God they`re Fulham.

So, no history, no proper supporters /it is quiet like in a library at the Cottage/, nothing about and around your FC. For these and many more reasons which I don`t intend to waste my time here to talk about, I can say:

That`s why we call your team Foolem and you don`t deserve to play in Prem.
                      Happy now? ;)

P.S. Just for your pleasure I can tell you a friend of mine in Bulgaria is a Foolem mad and I always make dirty jokes with him about your team :D
                      Last edited by qpr333; 27-01-2012, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Yeah i think thats the main reason for the older fans. ive got loads of rangers mates who used to give it to me when you boys were in L1.. it will always happen though. good to have another derby. best days of the season!
                        if you're going to be hanging around here in future get yourself a foolham avatar so we know who you are

your user name is very misleading

Comment

Funny thing is we both bang on about Chelsea but they actually only really hate Spurs - who in turn only really hate Arsenal. As with love, hate isn't always requitted.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr333 View Post
                            I can tell you my personal opinion about your team:

To me Fulham is a small FC /home matches used to be watched by around 5-6000/ without history whatsoever /apart from that UEFA cup final recently/, most of your supporters are ex-QPR fans who were very disappointed when QPR relegated and they wanted to keep watching Prem League football. So those people are neither QPR nor Fulham supporters but if you ask them they`ll swear to God they`re Fulham.

So, no history, no proper supporters /it is quiet like in a library at the Cottage/, nothing about and around your FC. For these and many more reasons which I don`t intend to waste my time here to talk about, I can say:

That`s why we call your team Foolem and you don`t deserve to play in Prem.
                            Happy now? ;)

P.S. Just for your pleasure I can tell you a friend of mine in Bulgaria is a Foolem mad and I always make dirty jokes with him about your team :D
                            1) Any club who once played low division football but now play prem football would have massively inflated attendance figures. Its entertainment, Would you prefer to watch a film with no big names in it or a film with with a few hollywood stars in it? Not saying our players are all starts but im just giving you an example.

2) We do have alot of proper supporters, yes we do also have alot of tourists especially americans but they make us **** loads of money. like i have already said, chelsea will get the majority of fans in this borough so we have to do something to get people in. It started with Inamoto.. the chinks filled our stadium and spent a fortune. we then got McBride and then Dempsey. they not only brought thousands of Americans who spent a fortune they in fact both turned into great Fulham players.

Yes the atmosphere is poor, its due to the fact agin that we have a weird range of fans, from the oldskool faces, through to the Americans and the local toffs. The fact the roof of the hammermsith end is nearly in space doesnt help. once the Hammy is developed it will get louder. Although we travel light we do make noise away from home but thats the case with all aways as its usually the hardcore fans that go.

And any team that have been in the prem for the reign we have do deserve to be there. its the harshest league in the world. if your not good enough you get found out and you go.

Good reply tho! got me typing away like a goodun!

Comment

Originally posted by w12dave View Post
                              if you're going to be hanging around here in future get yourself a foolham avatar so we know who you are

your user name is very misleading
                              Hopefully the mod can help with name change.

Comment

lots of area's/postcodes in west london and further afield have had ups and downs over the years. my dislike(not really a hatred in the chelsea/luton way) comes from the fact i come from an area that never got on with fulham(going back longer than i'm alive). this manefested itself from school days to pubs/nightclubs even my sunday league football days where meetings often ended in trouble. also any london derby's worth their salt have an edge and if this was diluted in any way then we might as well give up. most rangers fans dismiss you lot as nothings(only one up the scale from the complete nomarks...brentford!!).
                                PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Working...
                                X