No announcement yet.

Chris Samba on SSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

samba is abit of a prat though. he signed a 4 n half year contract not long ago.. his contract has ages to run!
    Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
    Lovejoy: "No?!"
    Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

I still can't help but think that this is all due to a few secret conversations between 'Arry and Samba's agent.

Comment

Superb news (sorry Rovers)

Lets get him... what a strong squad/back four we will have ... If we got him I would only want a striker and then I would be over the moon.

Someone on the board made a good point, which was, Hughes works from the back... keeping clean sheets will result in more points

Comment

Originally posted by GaxZE View Post
          samba is abit of a prat though. he signed a 4 n half year contract not long ago.. his contract has ages to run!
          Yes but the reason he signed it was because of promises made by Venkys- they have clearly broken those so I can see where he's coming from.

No player would want to be at Blackburn at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by GaxZE View Post
            He signed the contract in good faith and on the strength of promises made by the Venky's that they would invest in the club. I don't blame him at all for his stance, he has been a good servant to the club. At 27 he should be playing his best football and if he feels the clubs ambitions do not match his then he is right to request a transfer.

Comment

He won't go to Spurs.
              Under Les Ferdinand:
              Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
              Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
              Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
              Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
              And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Even if he joins spurs at least he won't be helping bburn stay up

Comment

Are we still the only club that's actually made on offer for Samba?

Its been all over the media that he wants to leave, you'd expect other clubs to come in if he's really that good. It could be because he's made it very clear that he wants to move to QPR or that the price Blackburn are asking is to much?

Comment

I see samba as a bonus now - a superb bonus though. I dont see this happening before deadline day - if it happens. Same goes for Pienaar.

But hey lets look at a striker shall we

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                      Are we still the only club that's actually made on offer for Samba?

Its been all over the media that he wants to leave, you'd expect other clubs to come in if he's really that good. It could be because he's made it very clear that he wants to move to QPR or that the price Blackburn are asking is to much?
                      Apparently we are the only club that have made a bid... two in fact. But Spurs are constantly linked with him as well. I guess we are doing all the work behind the scenes and if Blackburn do cave in, Spurs might try and hijack the bid. Apparently Blackburn are trying to set a ridiculously high price like £15 million which would never happen so it remains to be seen. Plus they don't really want to lose him at all.

Hopefully Sparky will be able to persuade him to come here because he would be a fantastic signing.

Pienaar would be a hugh plus as well. Exciting times.

Comment

I don't know why Kean is baffled. Samba refused to hold out on signing his last contract - in the messy aftermath of Allardyce being inexplicably sacked - until the manager and owners told him they were bringing in big names and aiming for European football. I remember hearing Kean going on about this at the time, how they reassured him of their ambitions etc. Didn't happen, they misled him.
                        Last edited by Westbyfleetr; 27-01-2012, 01:28 PM.

Comment

If he goes any where it will be to us, the only issue might be the price and whether Fernandes and co will actually finance this and the other buys we are making.

Think he will sign probably on deadline day, very exciting times.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellerslie View Post
                            I still can't help but think that this is all due to a few secret conversations between 'Arry and Samba's agent.
                            Let's hope Harry's written to him,.........by the time he's worked out what it says
                            we'll have signed him ourselves!!

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                              Let's hope Harry's written to him,.........by the time he's worked out what it says
                              we'll have signed him ourselves!!

Satire, bravo.

Comment

I think Mark Hughes done a deal with him before he signed as manager and Samba will be at W12 on Tuesday evening signing for us.

Comment

Working...
                                X