sometimes i wonder what other teams mb say about us on here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sometimes i wonder what other teams mb say about us on here

This isn't a pop but its our first season in the prem and there are some people talking about 5th place and getting points of liverpool and united but shouldn't we take the rose tinted spectacles off for a tiny bit?
    i supported qpr in the glory days when chris kiwomya and michael ngonge played up front

It's a load of old cobblers isn't it? The aim is still 17th. Anything else is a bonus.
    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

I was with you a few weeks ago. Performances against City and Chelsea plus 3 away wins show we are capable of mixing it with the best. Why not take points off Liverpool and United? Let's enjoy it and who knows where we will end up.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
        It's a load of old cobblers isn't it? The aim is still 17th. Anything else is a bonus.
        Nah mate the aim is mid table, 17th would be a s.hite season.

I would be far from happy with 17th

Comment

I don't think hoping to get points off man u or liverpool is having rose tinted spectacles mate, as for 5th I don't think any fans on here seriously think that's a realistic target, and
          staying up is the aim.

Comment

Even so, survival is the main aim this season. We don't as yet have strength in depth and we've got to go to Old Trafford, the Bridge, the Council House, St James, and Anfield.

I'd love us to finish higher, but I'd be happy just to survive.

Call me old fashioned.....

Comment

Surely if we are to sell the club to better players in January (Defoe,Onohua,Bassong etc) then the aim should be abit higher than limping over the line in 17th.

Comment

Even so, survival is the main aim this season. We don't as yet have strength in depth and we've got to go to Old Trafford, the Bridge, the Council House, St James, and Anfield.

I'd love us to finish higher, but I'd be happy just to survive.

Call me old fashioned.....
                I'd call you daft if you think 17th is accepatable with the assumed squad we'll have by January.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                  I'd call you daft if you think 17th is accepatable with the assumed squad we'll have by January.
                  'Assumed'. Wait and see who we sign in January. I'm basing my opinion on the here and now. A few injuries and we could be in real trouble.

NW also thinks the aim is 17th too, and so does TF.

Comment

'Assumed'. Wait and see who we sign in January. I'm basing my opinion on the here and now. A few injuries and we could be in real trouble.

NW also thinks the aim is 17th too, and so does TF.

Don't believe that for a second Richard. Perfectly sensible to state expectations far lower than what you feel is possible. That way, all are happy when you exceed them, whereas saying a top half finish is the aim would mean that a perfectly respectable 11th is in fact, a failure.

I too would be very, very disappointed with 17th. Although not as disappointed as 18th.

Plus of course, we are 9th after almost a third of the season, what's to worry about.

When I look at who the 11 teams below us are, I wouldn't be worried about facing any of them again this season, now we appear to be playing a bit nearer to our potential.
                    Last edited by brightonr; 20-11-2011, 05:28 PM.

Comment

There's bound to be a bump, possibly a big one a la Stoke. We have been relatively lucky with injuries (and some decisions such as the pen claims yesterday) but while we've got a great starting XI, take a few of those players out that equation and we'd struggle as Fulham showed - so lets just be realistic, enjoy our position at the moment and see what Santa Fernandes brings us in january

Comment

A lot depends on whether those assumptions about Jan turn out to be true. Nowhere has it been confirmed that we are even in for Defoe, let alone that he is coming. We are just as likely to go for, say, Andy Johnson who btw I woudln't turn my nose up at when you consider it was only a couple of months ago that Patrick Agyman was leading the attack against Everton. But he cd be injured inside a month and we might be left with more or less what we have now. An injury/ suspension to Barton and Faurlin and we cd suddenly start to look quite average. I'm delighted as anyone how we are doing but lets just keep our feet on the ground after only 12 games. Always better to be pleasantly surprised both by how much Tony spends in Jan and how we do rather than expecting a top half finish, imho.

Comment

My opinion is based on the here and now, and not who we might sign in January. We have a good starting XI, but as has been said, a few injuries or suspensions (Joey is out next game, and so might LY be), we might struggle. We just don't have strength in depth.

I'm sure no one needs reminding that many of the teams below us know how to fight relegation, and we've got a horrible run-in.

Comment

I think some of our fans under-estimate our players, we won at Everton with a virus that decimated the team,we,ve lost Gabbs, Dyer,DJ, and Bothroyd for games this season, and Traore to suspension, but the replacements have filled in brilliantly.2 games we've been hammered in 1 before the takeover and 2 the craven cottage debacle.

Comment

Well I'm not getting carried away. I'd take 17th right now and look to push on next season with a stronger squad and a pre-season together.

Comment

Working...
                              X