No announcement yet.

QPR reject £10.6m Taarabt bid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One way I don't want to see him go. Another way that's great money & he after this season he has 1 year on his contract so he would leave at cut-price. Sign Dos Santos to replace him for about 4million. Sorted
    Under Les Ferdinand:
    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

He's staying this season. Best player by miles last year.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
        A very good post and 1 that I agree with 100%. Shame a Couple of other posters couldn't stick to the topic of this thread. Please put me on your ignore list if my opinion upsets u so much. Grafters won't keep u in this league like they would in the championship.
        Neil Warnock thinks the very same thing and has said so publicly he said that was the main lesson he learnt from Sheffield Utd, you can be as solid as you like but if you dont have creativity to score then you will get relegated.

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
          Add another 10m and I would take it, the child is his own worst enemy and will be targeted by the wind up merchants, we will be playing with 10 men, if he stays on the pitch he will sulk, or he will get sent off.

He isn't a team player, I would love to know what the likes of Derry, Hill and the more professional players in the group really think of him.

Please understand if he pulled his neck in I would love him here but I suspect he never will.
          Agree to some point but we wouldn't have 10 men that's harsh when the kid single handed won the championship more or less

Ohh and the team player bit was he not our player that got the most assist?

Comment

Add another 10m and I would take it, the child is his own worst enemy and will be targeted by the wind up merchants, we will be playing with 10 men, if he stays on the pitch he will sulk, or he will get sent off.

He isn't a team player, I would love to know what the likes of Derry, Hill and the more professional players in the group really think of him.

Please understand if he pulled his neck in I would love him here but I suspect he never will.

I agree entirely.I've never been his biggest fan because of his attitude and temperament.A flawed genius and always will be.Would prefer a team of Derry's rather than a team of Tarbs.Not many managers will be able to handle him as well as NW.If we could get £15-20m for him (well possible with all the recent transfer fees banded about (£10m for Connor Wickham and that kid from Southampton - 2 leagues below us).Much prefer £20m to strengthen the squad than keeping Taarabt,provided the money doesn't go staight into Ecclescake's a/c to spend on his daughters house makeover.

Comment

You sell players like him after you've been relegated, not promoted.

I honestly can't believe people would want to see the back of him so soon, after last season. He's the biggest reason we're in the Prem, apart from the manager.

At least give him until january to prove himself, and if he does prove it on the "Big Stage" - then you have a 21 year old player who could be worth double/treble what everyone is bandying about on this thread.
              Look at Andy Carroll. He started last season as a prospect who'd done well in the Championship. Maybe worth £10m-ish.
              After only 4 decent months in The Prem, he was off to Liverpool for £35m.

For me personally, he's priceless, because he makes me smile, even during a dull game. Not many can do that, he's a dying breed in football today. And I don't want to lose that.

We should be certified as mental if we sell him now.

Comment

Wow, I have bookmarked this thread as I am really surprised, amazed even that no one has slated you, told you how wrong you are, or how much you hate him and assumed you were the anti christ for saying that, must be only me that is not allowed to say anything about Taarabt, even positive things, but hey-ho that's life.
                Last edited by paulmason; 15-06-2011, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Six months here to boost his value and then he's off, with a contract clause that takes NW with him to be team manager.

Comment

Originally posted by Stilts View Post

I honestly can't believe people would want to see the back of him so soon, after last season. He's the biggest reason we're in the Prem, apart from the manager.

At least give him until january to prove himself, and if he does prove it on the "Big Stage" - then you have a 21 year old player who could be worth double/treble what everyone is bandying about on this thread.
                    Look at Andy Carroll. He started last season as a prospect who'd done well in the Championship. Maybe worth £10m-ish.

For me personally, he's priceless, because he makes me smile, even during a dull game. Not many can do that, he's a dying breed in football today. And I don't want to lose that.

@chrisrobson9

Comment

I can't help thinking we should let him go if the price is right.

At the moment we would be selling his potential and potentially he's worth maybe 15-20 Million? As he nears the end of his contract that will reduce in theory to nothing. If he doesnt make it in the Premiership, where he certainly wont get the time, space and respect from defenders that he recieved last season then we've got an excellent Championship player on our hands worth 5m.

If he makes the same impression next season then we have a little gem in the team and I cant imagine even his most fervent supporter believing that he will stay with us when the big teams come calling.

Personally, I'd let him go for a nice fat fee now and re-invest the money in proven Premiership player/s.

I have been known to be wrong though.....
                      Last edited by Kevster269; 15-06-2011, 11:30 AM.
                      2011-2013, 2 seasons in the Premiership, 76 games, 14 wins........two years of my life I'll never get back!!

2013/2014 mediocrity topped off with a win at Wembley....

2014/2015 was pretty much the same as 2011-2013.....

2015/2016, average at best.....

2016/2017, same old, same old....

2017/2018, aim low, avoid disappointment!

Its the hope that kills you!

Comment

Why do you think he will get sent off, hasn't been yet since he was on loan or joined us on a permanent, plenty of sulks yes but why will he suddenly start getting sent off ?

Comment

Originally posted by Stilts View Post

Agree with all of that except perhaps the last sentence. IF a big offer comes in from a top club - far from sure it will - Tabs will go into such a major sulk if we reject it that he might refuse/ fail to perform. But agree with the general point that he could light up the premiership and go for telephone numbers in January.

Comment

Originally posted by geejaybee View Post
                            I agree entirely.I've never been his biggest fan because of his attitude and temperament.A flawed genius and always will be.Would prefer a team of Derry's rather than a team of Tarbs.Not many managers will be able to handle him as well as NW.If we could get £15-20m for him (well possible with all the recent transfer fees banded about (£10m for Connor Wickham and that kid from Southampton - 2 leagues below us).Much prefer £20m to strengthen the squad than keeping Taarabt,provided the money doesn't go staight into Ecclescake's a/c to spend on his daughters house makeover.
                            I would prefer a team of Tarbs, as both teams would be relagated as both teams would be either not be able to score enough goals (team of Derry's) or let to amny goals in because they cant tackle (team of Tarbs) but the differance would be a team of Tarbs would be far more entertaining as I would see glimises of majic every game that i couldnt even dream is possible.

To stay in this league we need a balanced team, one that defends, one that keeps the ball and one that creates and scores goals

If you get rid of Tarbs you need a replacement
                            One for all.... and all for one

Comment

Who in the premiership when Adel is in full deadly nutmegging flow and smashing in unreal goals is better ? I say no one ! We gotta keep him for as long as possible till he can go for Ronaldo silly dosh.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                                Agree with all of that except perhaps the last sentence. IF a big offer comes in from a top club - far from sure it will - Tabs will go into such a major sulk if we reject it that he might refuse/ fail to perform. But agree with the general point that he could light up the premiership and go for telephone numbers in January.
                                If he has a major sulk, and demands a move now, then sell him. Of course.

I kind of meant selling him now, purely for financial reasons would be a mistake.

I hope (and think) Adel's not daft enough to realise that a regular start in the Prem for a few months, with a manager who forgives him his little "moments" would be better for him in the longer run.
                                And us.

He needs minutes on the pitch, and he still needs Warnock for a bit longer, IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X