shocking 'no transfer' budget rumour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HoopsOfEssex View Post
    It is up to them to get it right...they are ignoring us until it is blatently obvious and then scraping the barrell in our name to try and improve things.

They said it is their club and us £20 a week pesants can't tell them what to do......
    We are saying ok go on then..show us!

We know its our club, we know that there are very few only £20 a week couldn't give a jot fans out there.

Many have seen through the bull, we don't turn up for glamour or a glimps at a super model..this is football, beer swilling working mans sport. We turn up week in week out for our team, we dont save up all year for a one off day out to smell petrol fumes and get headdy at the sight of a few skimpy clad women ( we go to hyde park the moment the sun comes out for that ).

We spend more than we can afford, season in season out and have done for years, our loyalty is beyond question...theirs still leave a lot to be decided!

Remember they will get their money back and then some IF they have the nouce to get it right, they will always get some back even if they fail...We will never get ours back if they succed or fail..so the ball is in their court and their court alone. All we ask for to part with our money is to be part of our team, to feel part of it, to be included in it and to be able to afford it...it is not 50/50 as we have already supassed that!
    great post essex couldnt agree more mate:boss:
    WE ARE QPR

Comment

factamondo you are acting like a litle boy and litle boy sometime they
      fill insecure so they need attention
      first you name your spy work at box office so you put all the staff on the
      box office in danger of lose they job
      then you came up no money will be available for transfers
      then steve coppel ########
      if you are so desperate to break sensational news whay dont put your
      sensational talent on the service of the news of the world so you can make
      good money:devil:
      and go and buy a season ticket :very_sad:

Comment

Ah well if we don't spend then we don't. We are used it now.

Comment

Originally posted by ginoqpr View Post
          then steve coppel ########
          Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by wicksta View Post
            When did 'they' say that? I don't recall anyone saying that at all about people spending £20 week in week out. Do you have a link?
            Flav said it last year when he was on that late night sport show with Gabby Yorath ...sorry don't have a link so you'll just have to take my word for it ...more along the lines of "won't/doesn't need to listen to people who pay £20 every other week"

Comment

if you actually watch the interview thats on the official site and not from "your mate" in the ticket office magilton actually says "there is no transfer budget as such. we will identify players and go to the board and they will take if from there."

so in other words, the budget is adjustable to who they want & how much they are valued.

Comment

F1 boss, international playboy and snakeskin aficionado Flavio Briatore rescued Queens Park Rangers from the brink of bankruptcy. He talks exclusively to Marketing Week about plans to turn the unfashionable football club into a global brand to rival Chelsea and Arsenal. By Louise Jack

The lift to Flavio Briatore’s Knightsbridge office is somewhat snug but extravagantly appointed, lined as it is with faux snakeskin. A full-length mirror hangs on one wall, surrounded by a wildly baroque gilded frame.

The inner sanctum itself is fittingly swish for an international playboy, boasting a huge glass slab of a desk which squats in front of a throne-like leather chair embroidered with the initials FB. Briatore, boss of Renault’s F1 team, sits flanked by assistants and consults them as to whether he is meant to be talking – exclusively to Marketing Week – about F1, Queens Park Rangers or, cryptically, his flat. “QPR,” he is informed.

Queens Park Rangers FC is Briatore’s new baby. In September last year, he swooped – “an hour before bankruptcy was declared,” he claims – and bought the troubled west London club.

QPR was at a low ebb, languishing at the lower end of the Championship with scandals in the boardroom and a team brawl during a “friendly” match with the Chinese Olympic team. When potential star striker Ray Jones was killed in a car crash and the club faced going into administration, things looked terminal to the fans.

Together with close “we talk 20 times a day” friend, F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone, Briatore paid £1m for the club and agreed to clear £13m of its debts. Since then, the pair have been joined by Lakshmi Mittal, Britain’s richest man.
                Billed as the world’s richest football club, QPR’s financial footing is now more than secure. Collectively, the trio are worth over £30bn, according to the latest Sunday Times Rich List, making Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich's fortune of £11.7bn look almost paltry.

“Yes, none of us was looking for a job,” Briatore smiles, adding that they are not looking for what he calls “main” money.

But behind the glamour, the unimaginable wealth and the procession of supermodel girlfriends, Briatore is a shrewd operator. Though QPR may seem like an unlikely rival to Arsenal, Manchester United or Chelsea as a “global brand” – its stated aim – Briatore is not prone to investing in unsuccessful ventures.

He took over the Benetton F1 team in 1989 and transformed it from also-rans into world champions within five years. Briatore says what he did at Benetton was “simple”, but it can only have helped that in 1991 he signed a promising young German driver called Michael Schumacher.

The goal is now to pull off a similar transformation at QPR. “In F1 there is a large team behind a product – the car. It is the same at QPR, the team, the football is only the product. In sport, business efficiency is everything,” he says.

Briatore explains: “If I’m going to invest in champagne, I’ll go to France, if I decide to invest in ham then I’ll go to Parma. If you’re going to be in football, you have to be in England. And football is treated like a business here.”

There appears to be no sentiment involved for any of the new owners, in contrast to the likes of Harrods boss Mohamed al Fayed at Fulham, among others. None were avid supporters of the club before the deal, but Ecclestone was linked to buying a number of clubs, including Chelsea before Abramovich beat him to the punch.

The strategy that lies behind QPR’s position in this new chapter is based on “past, present and future”. Drawing on the club’s heroes of old like Stan Bowles and Rodney Marsh, the new regime intends to emphasise the club’s heritage and position the club as a “London jewel”.

Much is made of QPR’s ground Loftus Road being the “closest club to central London” and the club’s essential “Londonness” will be vital when marketing the QPR brand overseas.

A change of ownership and subsequent “change in direction” of a football club is a concern for supporters. Briatore, while not exactly dismissive of die-hard QPR fans, is clear on his position. “The first thing to remember is that without us, there was no QPR. It’s as simple as that.”

He adds: “I don’t want everybody telling me what I need to be doing. People believe the club is owned by the fans but it’s only a few that put their money down. For the rest of the people, it’s easy to criticise [when] they maybe spend £20.”

The plan is for the Championship side to win promotion to the Premiership within three years. Briatore says QPR will develop its own young team that will take the club up and keep it up.

The team’s performance improved dramatically after Briatore installed his friend “Gigi” Di Canio as manager but Briatore believes it would have been a “disaster” if QPR had been promoted this season. “I don’t want to be in an elevator, going up and down,” he says. Di Canio departed “by mutual consent” last week. Everything about QPR is set to be spruced up. Loftus Road will be improved, perhaps with extra seating, while Briatore’s exclusive Mayfair eaterie, Cipriani, will provide catering for the QPR restaurant.

Yet can the club hope to succeed against the odds? Just this month Newcastle United boss and former England manager Kevin Keegan spoke of the vicious circle that drives English football – run almost exclusively by a cartel of the big four clubs, nobody else has either the money or the marketing power to compete. QPR certainly has the cash, and could – eventually – compete in terms of commerce and pulling power.

One of Briatore’s great strengths in F1 has been his ability to attract highly lucrative sponsorship deals. He says he already has agreements with “three of four international companies” for QPR. At the end of March, the club announced it had signed a five-year deal worth £20m, the biggest ever Championship deal of its kind, with Italian firm Lotto Sport Italia as kit manufacturer.

And while the likes of Manchester United and Chelsea seem to be chasing the Asia dream, through Mittal the connection with India will be very important for QPR’s expansion into new markets. Mittal’s son-in-law, Amit Bhatia, has been installed as vice-chairman and says the club is looking to develop its links with India.

While QPR fans will not see an Abramovich-style spending spree this summer, Briatore is less parsimonious in his personal life. In one corner of the room sits a glass-encased model of a very large yacht. Asked if he owns the real thing: “Not yet,” he twinkles.

http://www.marketingweek.co.uk/home/...060744.article

Comment

Maybe thats the best way to play it.Clubs know, although we are not splashing the cash, that FB and his partners have loads of dosh.However - maybe FB is playing a canny game here,but announcing we have no transfer funds, cap in hand etc...therefore trying to stop other clubs ripping us off by trying to extort over the top transfer fees.Then, just when clubs think we have no dosh - we nip in, get a few decent players at the right price...if you see what i mean. !!!

Comment

Amazing how these threads can turn into something other than the load of attention-desperate, made up b*ll*x that they start out as.
                    Basically translates to: "I'm really sulky with QPR, and I'm not going next season... so I'm going to try desperately to make as many people as possible feel the same way as me, to make me feel better about acting like a spoilt, foot-stamping kid".

Got to love some of the replies to it though..... "If true, that's a disgrace".
                    Brilliant!

The internet does breed some weirdos, who are probably half-normal in real life.
                    Like they say: Empty vessells make the most noise.
                    Last edited by Robbo; 06-06-2009, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HoopsOfEssex View Post

We spend more than we can afford, season in season out and have done for years, our loyalty is beyond question...theirs still leave a lot to be decided!
                      3,700 ST's sold so far (as recently suggested) would suggest otherwise!

We've had many more ST sales in probably every year since our relegation from the Prem and whilst it's obvious that this season it is in part due to finances it's also apparent that some fans are choosing to show their contempt or anger with the board by not going to games!

Comment

Originally posted by Robbo View Post
                        Amazing how these threads can turn into something other than the load of attention-desperate, made up b*ll*x that they start out as.
                        Basically translates to: "I'm really sulky with QPR, and I'm not going next season... so I'm going to try desperately to make as many people as possible feel the same way as me, to make me feel better about acting like a spoilt, foot-stamping kid".

Got to love some of the replies to it though..... "If true, that's a disgrace".
                        Brilliant!

The internet does breed some weirdos, who are probably half-normal in real life.
                        Like they say: Empty vessells make the most noise.
                        couldn't agree more. its amazing how things on here get turned into fact!!!

there is a certain amount of embarassment involved by those who got sucked in by message board hype this time last year which now manifests itself as anger at the clu b

Comment

Originally posted by ginoqpr View Post
                          then steve coppel bull****
                          why throw my good money after bad then nerdsworth???........would you pay to watch crap films at a cinema for 23 weeks knowing 20 of them will be unwatchable????my source is reliable and coppell turned the job down due to the fact a certain egomaniac wants too much team input???..........so how am i attention seeking mr dullasdishwater???
                          you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by factamondo View Post
                            ....would you pay to watch crap films at a cinema for 23 weeks knowing 20 of them will be unwatchable????

Just out of interest, how can you KNOW that 20 games will be unwatchable?

Comment

Originally posted by hhrangers View Post
                              if you actually watch the interview thats on the official site and not from "your mate" in the ticket office magilton actually says "there is no transfer budget as such. we will identify players and go to the board and they will take if from there."

so in other words, the budget is adjustable to who they want & how much they are valued.
                              EXACTLY RIGHT. I have pointed this out elsewhere but people seem quite happy to ignore the reality of what was said in the interview.

Comment

Originally posted by eghamR View Post
                                Flav said it last year when he was on that late night sport show with Gabby Yorath ...sorry don't have a link so you'll just have to take my word for it ...more along the lines of "won't/doesn't need to listen to people who pay £20 every other week"
                                He said nothing of the sort. The 'every other week' bit has been added along with the 'won't listen' bit.

How is Egham these days by the way, is the Red Lion still good? :D

Comment

Working...
                                X