Gianni Paladini /merged/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
    Genuine question but has Paladini been proved yet to be responsible for one of the guilty charges as from what I have seen so far he was found not guilty (un proven) on one of the origional two charges and the other seems to have disappeared but that may have been in agreement with the FA so the club as a whole rather then as an individual were found guilty?
    It's been widely publicised, particularly on here that paladini oversee the faurlin transfer. We have also been led to believe that paladini was no longer "choosing" players and that he would only be doing the paper work and negotiating with players agents. Therefore the charges against the club land on his lap as he is responsible for the registrations of players, documents etc etc

Do you not see it like that?

Comment

Originally posted by terry ball View Post
      It's been widely publicised, particularly on here that paladini oversee the faurlin transfer. We have also been led to believe that paladini was no longer "choosing" players and that he would only be doing the paper work and negotiating with players agents. Therefore the charges against the club land on his lap as he is responsible for the registrations of players, documents etc etc

Do you not see it like that?
      Yes and no to be honest

I would very much doubt that the owners put their full trust in him and leave him alone when the contracts are drawn up and somebody higher must agree the wages etc and also I would presume or at least would hope that a lawyer would run through the lagalities before a final signuture was made on the paperwork but who really knows?

The catch 22 of course is that many claim he has no position at the club and is simply a meeter and greeter but when it suits they clain he the only one responsible for transfers

I can only state yet again that if it transpires he was ultimately responsible and not the club as a whole then he has to go full stop,no excuses and no ifs and butsIf he is ever found to not be responsible then perhaps he should retire anyway as the Premier League is a whole new ball game and we will be needing some top professionals involved with the club

Comment

Why do all of the mods and admins on this site support Paladini so strongly? Time for cards to be laid on the table?

Comment

Originally posted by 2touch View Post
          Why do all of the mods and admins on this site support Paladini so strongly? Time for cards to be laid on the table?
          Do they?

Comment

From what Isleworth said, it looks like he will take the (dis)honorable way out and retire, rather than be sacked for gross misconduct. Either way it looks like GP wont be at W12 and I wont have to read and contribute to 10 pages of ********.

One thing I have never been able to understand from the anti or pro GP mobs, is what GP actually does on a day to day basis and if he did go, what would we miss.

Comment

Why do all of the mods and admins on this site support Paladini so strongly
              It does seem that way and likewise, mods on other boards are anti GP.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                From what Isleworth said, it looks like he will take the (dis)honorable way out and retire, rather than be sacked for gross misconduct. Either way it looks like GP wont be at W12 and I wont have to read and contribute to 10 pages of ********.

One thing I have never been able to understand from the anti or pro GP mobs, is what GP actually does on a day to day basis and if he did go, what would we miss.
                I think it depends on what point the poster is trying to make at the time

Comment

I think it depends on what point the poster is trying to make at the time

That is so true and why there is always 10 pages of ********, but what would we miss if he did leave ?

Comment

Yes and no to be honest

I would very much doubt that the owners put their full trust in him and leave him alone when the contracts are drawn up and somebody higher must agree the wages etc and also I would presume or at least would hope that a lawyer would run through the lagalities before a final signuture was made on the paperwork but who really knows?

The catch 22 of course is that many claim he has no position at the club and is simply a meeter and greeter but when it suits they clain he the only one responsible for transfers

I can only state yet again that if it transpires he was ultimately responsible and not the club as a whole then he has to go full stop,no excuses and no ifs and butsIf he is ever found to not be responsible then perhaps he should retire anyway as the Premier League is a whole new ball game and we will be needing some top professionals involved with the club

Spot on.
                    They seek him here.................

Comment

Why do all of the mods and admins on this site support Paladini so strongly?
                      Me, when?
                      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Not sure what we would miss because like you I'm always a bit unclear about what precisely he does these days. What I won't miss is all the rows between the pro and anti mob (I'm a bit Lib Dem on the whole Paladini issue sitting somewhere in the middle - ie he's made a valuable contribution to the club but given his reputation, fair or otherwise, it might now be a good time to gracefully ease him upstairs into a non-exec role).

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                          Not sure what we would miss because like you I'm always a bit unclear about what precisely he does these days. What I won't miss is all the rows between the pro and anti mob (I'm a bit Lib Dem on the whole Paladini issue sitting somewhere in the middle - ie he's made a valuable contribution to the club but given his reputation, fair or otherwise, it might now be a good time to gracefully ease him upstairs into a non-exec role).
                          I actually agree with that statement.

He has done good and bad for the club but I think the reaction he got when interviewed highlighted what most fans think of him. I must of been the only person that clapped him.

I do think its job done and he has helped with getting the right investment in to take this club to the next step and for that reason I am grateful. I do however wonder what he actually does now and maybe he should take retirement and leave the club in what is good hands.
                          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

He just gives many people talking points.

What I find quite ironic are definite statements of "he is only a waiter", "good to see the club give him no responsibility" or "he does nothing at the club apart from meet and greet"

No-one can deny those comments came from the most critical people, yet suddenly he is responsible for every event at the club. We have season ticket prices coming out soon and do you know what, some will he even blame for him that...

Reality is the subject always goes into several pages and even though we are in the Premiership for the first time in 15 years, still the hatred continues. The guy is definitely in a no-win situation, this week has proved it.

Some will always find a counter argument, after all, why else would people visit messageboards?

Its not even about defending him anymore for me, as thats something I gave up on years ago. The attackers feel the same way now as they did when we were struggling in the championship, close to administration and only had 10,000 watching us on a cold Tuesday night.

For a club like QPR to be in the premiership, in this mad world of modern day football is such an achievement. Everyone whether we like it or not, has played a part.
                            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

By skimming through this thread it seems pretty obvious that there is little evidence from either side (pro or anti GP) to fully justify people opinions/agenda's.

Pure guessing games by pretty much everyone on this thread.

Maybe the article will shed some light on GP, one way or another.

Comment

It will be an opinion, like breakfast we all have one.
                                ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                                THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Working...
                                X