X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i would take jason scotland and Ebanks-Blake as our strikers

Comment

• Originally posted by Goddard View Post
      As long as their name is in The Suns Dream Team list, they're happy.
      Or a Pannini Sticker Album.

Wearing the badge that says you are a Premier League Footballer, and being in the same league as Stevie-G, Lamps, JT, Wazza, Jamo and SWP etc... is more important for most of them than actually getting a game of football every week.

And most of them are millionaires already anyway.... somehow.
      And for me, James Beattie sums it up.

Something has gone badly wrong with football in this country, but the shambles at the World Cup will soon be forgotten when "The Best League In The World" kicks off in a couple of weeks, and you get the 100mph end to end games that thrill the planet.
      End to end stuff... mainly because teams can't keep the ball for very long. Apart from Arsenal, and they get the **** taken out of them for not winning a trophy, being lightweight, and trying to "walk the ball into the net".
      I hope they do it this year. Englands shame at the World Cup has changed my mind about that.

But back to the point.
      the main thing is..... very average players in The Premier League = Celebrities and ££££££££ Kerching.
      I wonder how much Marsh and Bowles or even Sir Les ever earned? Average players earning ridiculous salaries. IYO who is to blame though?

Comment

• Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
        I wonder how much Marsh and Bowles or even Sir Les ever earned? Average players earning ridiculous salaries. IYO who is to blame though?

The FA.
        Useless in so many ways. Kids football, Wembley, coaching schools... you name it - they f**k it up.

For allowing The Premier League to become a monster, and the likes of Scudamore to line the pockets of clubs who are changing from being football clubs, to "global brands".
        When Blackpool v Wigan is being viewed in the Far East, and yet Leeds v Forest is stuck on a highlights show on a monday night at around midnight.... something is seriously wrong there.

The rest (players like Beattie etc) are just hangers on. Can't blame them for that.
        Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

• Originally posted by Goddard View Post
          The FA.
          Useless in so many ways. Kids football, Wembley, coaching schools... you name it - they f**k it up.

For allowing The Premier League to become a monster, and the likes of Scudamore to line the pockets of clubs who are changing from being football clubs, to "global brands".
          When Blackpool v Wigan is being viewed in the Far East, and yet Leeds v Forest is stuck on a highlights show on a monday night at around midnight.... something is seriously wrong there.

The rest (players like Beattie etc) are just hangers on. Can't blame them for that.
          Don't worry in two years time when we've either failed to qualify or gone out in the quarter finals it will all start again.

The Premier League doesn't care and the FA can't control them.

Agree about the point about Blackpool v Wigan.

Comment

• Originally posted by DelTrotter View Post
            I think i would have a heart attack if we got beattie and adel.
            If only that would happen... I mean Beattie and Adel, not you having a heart attack.

Comment

• do we take this delay as there being a problem, or is it all bull crap

Comment

• Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                At the time we were paying Sir Les a record breaking 10k a week to keep him at the club, which taking into account inflation we use a multiplier of 1.5 for 1994 = 15k a week (absolute bargin)
                Last edited by W12_Ranger; 29-07-2010, 05:22 PM.

Comment

• ORR today?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...285188,00.html

Comment

Working...
                  X