Simon Cox for 1.5 Million??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
    But it's league one... How many times has this happened before. I used Ward as an example 14 in 23 games again from a lower league, moves to Sheff Utd and returns 2 in 16.
    here is my example, I believe jason scotland was top scorer in league 1 then came up and was joint 2nd top scorer in the championship.

Comment

But it's league one... How many times has this happened before. I used Ward as an example 14 in 23 games again from a lower league, moves to Sheff Utd and returns 2 in 16.
      I know what you mean but Cox i think is alot more better then Ward (Plus hes only 5ft 5)

Main thing is Cox knows how to find the net and after scoring 31 goals i think at least 15 would be safe which would be all right but given the chance he might score for fun like he did in a poor Swindon side.

Take Dave Kitson from Stoke/Reading, scored a fair few for Cambridge United and Reading took the chance that paid off, i think Cox will pay off and we will be see alot of goals from him!

And if they are anything like these two goals,,,,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W62XdnYHP2g

;D
      (And we really need a striker so anyone who has a good scoring record is worth a gamble imo )
      Last edited by qpr; 14-05-2009, 04:39 PM.
      Under Les Ferdinand:
      Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
      Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
      Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
      Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
      And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by qprjim View Post
        So thats it then? Just because some young players fail at this level after moving up from lower league clubs, does not mean that all will. You cite Jamie Ward as an example of a player failing to successfully making the transition from lower league to championship, but equally someone could cite Martin Pattison or other successes. At the end of the day it is a gamble and considering our 'suppossed wealth' at 1.5 million it is a gamble that we should be willing to take.

I cant understand why you are so against it?
        Okay I'm not back tracking now. I am only against it because we are talking about selling a fairly consistent player only to sign a potential PUNT. If you was getting rid of Agyemang or HH for Cox then great I am all for it. But to sell Blackstock to fund a PUNT for almost the same money (especially when they are both of the same age) is not good business. Yes COX might be a revelation by why not do that risk with him filling HH or Agyemangs squad position.

We took gambles in the past and look where that got us. We will not spend massive this summer and I would say there is probably a maximum of about £4million going to be spent on players in terms of actual transfer fees, so to blow £1.5million on a player who is a gamble with no experience in this division when selling someone only for a little more who you know what you'll get isn't a good idea. There is calculated risks and gambles and he is a gamble if letting Blackstock go.

Does that sound better explained now??

Comment

Dazzer how about this why don't we keep Blacktock and actually improve the squad by signing Cox as well he is only £1.5m after all, and Leicester who were in league 1 seem to have the money and they don't have 2 billionare owners and ST holder paying over inflated prices for an average CCC team

Comment

Originally posted by SirLes View Post
            here is my example, I believe jason scotland was top scorer in league 1 then came up and was joint 2nd top scorer in the championship.
            Did you see something special in Scottland in the two games against us because I never. I'd rather us try and spend the £1.5 million on someone like Leroy Lita.

Comment

Originally posted by Pyrford Ranger View Post
              Dazzer how about this why don't we keep Blacktock and actually improve the squad by signing Cox as well he is only £1.5m after all, and Leicester who were in league 1 seem to have the money and they don't have 2 billionare owners and ST holder paying over inflated prices for an average CCC team
              In an ideal world then this is what I'd like

Don't mean to sound so dead against him just think Dexter is our best striker and other should go before him. Plus he has age on his side!

Comment

Okay I'm not back tracking now. I am only against it because we are talking about selling a fairly consistent player only to sign a potential PUNT. If you was getting rid of Agyemang or HH for Cox then great I am all for it. But to sell Blackstock to fund a PUNT for almost the same money (especially when they are both of the same age) is not good business. Yes COX might be a revelation by why not do that risk with him filling HH or Agyemangs squad position.

We took gambles in the past and look where that got us. We will not spend massive this summer and I would say there is probably a maximum of about £4million going to be spent on players in terms of actual transfer fees, so to blow £1.5million on a player who is a gamble with no experience in this division when selling someone only for a little more who you know what you'll get isn't a good idea. There is calculated risks and gambles and he is a gamble if letting Blackstock go.

Does that sound better explained now??
                But who's to say that we will not keep DB, now that Sousa has departed surely the next manager will assess the squad and it'll be his decision to whether DB is with us next season or not? Unless it was infact FB/GP's decision to farm blackstock out to forest and not Sousa's??
                Win or lose, on the booze

Comment

I'd rather Blackstock to Cox from Swindon, its all about opinions.

if Blackstock goes (which now looks likely), then Cox will be a good buy.
                  ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                  THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

IMHO i dont think he will find the leap that much of a barrier i would love to see cox at Qpr next season and this would more than show that Qpr are wanting to improve
                    Dyslexic so please don't feel the need to correct my spelling mistakes as I really don't give a **** and before you say use spell checker if it is spelt right / wright but not in context spell check is useless

Comment

qprjim. maybe because Forest treat him like the player he is, play him and he gets load of respect from Forest fans.

Most R's fans have expressed an opinion he is not good enough, which I find strange
                      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                        qprjim. maybe because Forest treat him like the player he is, play him and he gets load of respect from Forest fans.

Most R's fans have expressed an opinion he is not good enough, which I find strange
                        Yes but again, under a new manager every player receives a fresh start, all slates are wiped clean, so surely when the new manager comes in he'll want to speak to DB and perhaps Sousa's departure has opened the door for DB to return.

Yet again could it be that it was GP's decision, based on orders from FB to offload DB to notts forest, like Sousa professed to the fan who posted on here?

If DB is rushed off to forest before a new man comes in to me that would look clear that it wasn't (just) PS who did not rate DB at our beloved club.
                        Win or lose, on the booze

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
                          I know what you mean but Cox i think is alot more better then Ward (Plus hes only 5ft 5)

Main thing is Cox knows how to find the net and after scoring 31 goals i think at least 15 would be safe which would be all right but given the chance he might score for fun like he did in a poor Swindon side.

Take Dave Kitson from Stoke/Reading, scored a fair few for Cambridge United and Reading took the chance that paid off, i think Cox will pay off and we will be see alot of goals from him!

And if they are anything like these two goals,,,,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W62XdnYHP2g

;D
                          (And we really need a striker so anyone who has a good scoring record is worth a gamble imo )
                          Nothing more than I'd hope fella. Whoever we sign I'll be 100% behind them.

Comment

What we should do is sign a world class prolific striker for the £1.5m, it would be much better spent and we would guaruntee success. £1.5m on a potentially class player is ludicrous. I mean £1.5m million could buy you anybody in the world.

Sorry just went back to 1980 then, have to excuse me. Some others on this board appear to have done the same thing.

Comment

Did you see something special in Scottland in the two games against us because I never. I'd rather us try and spend the £1.5 million on someone like Leroy Lita.
                              honestly, no i didnt. but maybe he had a bad game. fact is, he was league ones top goalscorer one season and the championships second top the next.

i certainly didnt see anything special about lita the last 2 times i watched him play at loftus road. he seemed to spend most of his time on his backside.

Comment

Dazzer - think thats the problems nowdays im afraid.Teams are not interested in pulling a Kevin Keegan from S****horpe.Your right - buying Cox could be a gamble teams want the finished article straight away - and that now includes Championship side.

Some one mentioned it on a board couple of days agao - Dex appears to have gone downhill since the unfortunate death of Ray Jones.Maybe as a player - there are two many bad memories at QPR and a move to another club could help him forget and move forward - i dont know im just guessing.

However - what sort of price and striker can we attract?Maybe a loand deal for an Evans or Campbell player -but certainly not a fringe premiership player to buy at a reasonable price.

Sharp - ward - all proven goalscorers in league one (and eastwood) but yet to make the mark in the Championship.Thats where the manager takes the gambles(with his massive wages) and not us.Only - we dont have one yet???

Comment

Working...
                                X