Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That'll do!!

Comment

think hes a great player but still have doubts wheter or not he can cut it in the ccc. he could be like matty fryatt
      i supported qpr in the glory days when chris kiwomya and michael ngonge played up front

Comment

It would be a gamble but i think from his scoring record this season it would be a worthwile gamble.

More importantly though, i feel a centre mid with creative skills is needed. Unless Buz is going to fill that role

Comment

If West brom are after him what chance do we have?

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
            If West brom are after him what chance do we have?
            Well we will both be in the CCC so a pretty good chance id say seeing as hes from Reading originally.

Comment

Get him in pleaseeeee!

Comment

Originally posted by MorrisQPR View Post
                Well we will both be in the CCC so a pretty good chance id say seeing as hes from Reading originally.

The fact they have a stable manager and have more chance of returning to the prem they will have the edge imo..

Its good we have others interested as well though, at least it means he must be decent.

Comment

I am not too sure about him, league 1 is completely different to the championship, so not 100% convinced, at least with blackstock he has been tried and tested and can make 15 - 20 goals in a season.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W62XdnYHP2g

another decent effort lol

Comment

I refer you to my previous posting back in January

Two hat-tricks already and we were barely into November - that was one of the impressive statistics I took with me to ********

A game low on any real quality - in which he was playing for a team who had only just been knocked out of the FA Cup by non-league ****** - probably was not an ideal stage on which to judge him. But as with all good players, in a match not conducive to a lot of fluent play he still showed that at this level he is certainly that little bit better than the rest.

Six changes from the team beaten on the Saturday meant that there was a fractured look to******* but *** and ***** ****, his partner up front, showed quickly that they were certainly not strangers to each other's game. There was a peculiar start to the match as *** played much of the first 20 minutes wide on the left, but this seemed to be more to do with the game than where his manager had asked him to play. Because of this I would like to see him organise players around him to make sure that he does not get pulled around too much, doing other people's jobs.

When after those 20 minutes he moved into a more central berth it was good to see the way that as soon as he got into a position to receive the ball, if it wasn't delivered he would, instead of standing in the space, be on the move, leaving **** to come into the area he had vacated. This meant that defenders always had a moving target to mark, rather than a static one.

There was an arrogance about his play, the style of someone in good form, saying, "Give me the ball, you can trust me with it." And he was right, you can. Rarely did he give possession away, even in deep, tight areas where he was forced to search for scraps of service.

Good in the air, at 5ft 11in and 11st he has a nice, even look to his physique, and that impression was reinforced by good pace and strength on the ball. Obviously he is a good finisher - against ********, with the one or two opportunities where he did manage to manoeuvre into some space, he did not need a second invitation to get a shot off with either foot. I was extremely impressed with his attitude in a game where obvious opportunities were going to be few and far between.

He ran the channels enthusiastically and was quick to provide a link between midfield and attack if and when the need arose. He also wasn't frightened to come short and then go in behind when his partner was not close enough to share the load.

After starting at ******* he has been out on loan to three clubs and he is not someone who has had a particularly easy career path at this stage - I always think that being made to work hard for something you want does a player no harm. In football as in life there are situations where sometimes you are weak and sometimes you are strong. Because of the way *** has applied himself when trying to forge a career in football he is now in a position where clubs are chasing him, rather than him chasing them.

Age 21

Position Striker

Height 5ft 11in

Weight 11st

Awareness 9/10

Pace 8/10

Heading 8/10

Shooting 9/10

Team responsibility 8/10

Valuation £1.25m

Posted by
                      Steve Claridge

He was talking about Simon Cox I posted it to see if any one could fill in the blanks and they did.

{/
                      Link to Post - Back to Top Logged

Result 12 of 30:

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                        Has anyone actually seen him play, be honest and we are not talking about one game on Sky Sports? This is the sort of signing I'd like to see us make from the lower divisons based on his goalscoring record but I couldn't even tell you if he was white or black .
                        Good point. When I challenged posters in the winter over whether thay had seen Ben Watson actually play, funnily enough the thread didn't get many answers..it all went very quiet.

From my viewpoint the R's have often picked up players from the lower divisions that have turned out really well..for example Dave Thomas, Sinclair etc etc. For what it's worth IMHO it has to be worth a punt...but then again, I havn't seen him play.

Comment

yes hes very like clive allen aged 22 and loves to score goals i do beleive i started the
                          simon cox thing at the beginng of the season,also i have said to gianni about him so if he comes and venables comes it means i know my football

Comment

lets get him, if we can afford him:bad_egg:

Comment

Death, and taxes, these are the only things we can be sure about in this life.
                              There's more than a whiff of promise about Simon Cox, so at £1.25million he's definately worth taking a gamble on.
                              He who dares, Flavio, he who dares.

Comment

For some reason I'm not excited about him but his goalscoring record is impressive! We need to sign someone and if we don't get him someone else will! He is a gamble but then most people available to us will be!

Comment

Working...
                                X