Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• atmosphere at QPR became toxic after Beale left - Les

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...ueens-32444478

Interesting article and interview with Les.
    Worth a read.

It's a tough one isn't it. You read that and it's kind of what we already know. But read like that in a manner which is more than likely factual, makes you think about what you would do.

It's a shame he said that loyalty ######## really, i don't think many would have blamed him had he not said that. Everyone's got a club that's close to them.

The thing is, I don't know if we'll ever know if he's good or not. He left us on a downward turn, and hasn't looked good anywhere since. Sunderland was an utter disaster.

We're better off now, mmaybe not league position wise but sustainabilty wise, we look better setup overall as a club, that's all that matters.

I wonder how long it'll be for Marti gets sniffed at....?

Comment

Marti doesn't seem to stay in jobs very long, I believe it was about 2 years was his longest. So id say, not long.

Comment

Beale upset the Sunderland squad by getting them in for extra training after a poor result but took the day off himself. Hardly "we're in this together" type of management. Look how well Rangers have done since he left! He should take take up a Charlton type role for a couple of seasons and calm down.

I felt sorry for Gareth but happy Marti is with us and hope he'll stay and give us a full season 24/25. More rumours about Eze moving in the summer which may give us £15m to fill some gaps.

Comment

Originally posted by LordLoftus View Post
          Marti doesn't seem to stay in jobs very long, I believe it was about 2 years was his longest. So id say, not long.
          Average tenure of manager in England is 1.25 yrs. Currently in Championsionship it's 0.85 years.... you could argue Marti has virtually done his whack already.

I don't really get managers, barely any impress me.... at our level I think a Warnock-type "motivator" is better than a Wenger-like "tactician". It's not easy to be a motivational manager either... managing a squad of kids, seniors, foreigners, "tryers", "shirkers", mavericks, nutters, shy, boisterous, dads, playboys, etc etc must be incredibly difficult. I kinda signposted that Gareth might come over as a comedic figure to some of our players and I never got a sense of him getting full engagement and application from several players. Whatever tactical nous Marti has, he does at least seem to have motivated the squad to pull together.

Comment

It's a shame we don't see managers in romes longer. Maybe Wenger and Fergie lengths of time is too long, but 4 years would seem about right to really make an impact as an individual in a role like this. A year to sort, shuffle and imprint, 2 years to acheive things, a year of either acheiving, treading or going backwards to an inevitable sacking or resignation.

Comment

I still think that Beale will be a good manager, and that he’s an excellent coach…

But when he joined us, I said to my (Wolves) mate, that Beale was either a genius or a charlatan. Both I guess, in hindsight…

The most hurtful is his turncoat nature; saying he hadn’t worked in London for 10 years etc etc.

Marti is the real deal, and I hope he stays at least to the end of next season.

Comment

Beale commentated on our match for Sky today, he had a lot of good things to say about QPR.

Comment

Working...
                X