1.3 points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.3 points

That's the magic number for me 1.3 points per game will see us stay up. It might sound low but it's definitely still a tough ask. If we could improve our home form we will have a chance. I'd like to see that number drop below 1 going into mid April. It will be the obvious question of if we score enough goals but very big if.
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Under Marti we have averaged 1.25 points per game so far.

His league record so far is: P16 W5 D5 L6 with a goal difference of +2.

I really like Marti and what he is doing. Most importantly I think he just says it like he sees it. If we perform badly he will say it, he doesn't seem to try and bluff the fans or put a positive spin on poor performances.

He had a difficult task when he arrived, but he has at least kept us in the mix for survival. He had his hands tied in the transfer window, but sent off Kelman, Dozzell and others on loan and bought in a defensive midfielder, an attacking midfielder and a striker, all three are arguably risky, but were acquisitions in the positions we needed and we never realistically had the budget for buying injury free proven articles - I honestly thought that was about as good as we could have done in those circumstances.

Marti has come under alot of criticism for poor / late substitutions in games, but TBF our bench in some games prior to yesterday has been very scant. Yesterday at least we had viable options, and he made early changes that really seemed to change the game.

We might still go down. We started the season with 8 points from 14 league games under GA which was a very skinny return from nearly a third of the season... But 1.3 points per game at this stage does feel possible. I think it will likely go down to the wire for us this season... Ultimately we might need to really dig in and win games ugly - GA somehow pulled it out of the bag last year, I hope Marti can do the same.

Comment

Norwich (H) 1 point
      Stoke (A) 3 Points
      Bristol C (A) 1 Point
      Rotherham (H) 3 Points
      Leicester (A) 0 Points
      WBA (H) 1 point
      MIdds (H) 3 points
      Sunderland (A) 0 points
      Brum (h) 3 points
      Swans (A) 1 point
      Sheff W (h) 3 points
      Plymouth (A) 0 points
      Hull (A) o points
      Prston (H) 3 points
      Leeds (H) 0 Points
      Cov (A) 0 points

22 points - 1.37 point a game

What we do know is we don't want to go into the last 2 games needing anything more than 3 points to stay up

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
        Norwich (H) 1 point
        Stoke (A) 3 Points
        Bristol C (A) 1 Point
        Rotherham (H) 3 Points
        Leicester (A) 0 Points
        WBA (H) 1 point
        MIdds (H) 3 points
        Sunderland (A) 0 points
        Brum (h) 3 points
        Swans (A) 1 point
        Sheff W (h) 3 points
        Plymouth (A) 0 points
        Hull (A) o points
        Prston (H) 3 points
        Leeds (H) 0 Points
        Cov (A) 0 points

22 points - 1.37 point a game

What we do know is we don't want to go into the last 2 games needing anything more than 3 points to stay up
        Mu hope is that Leeds & Coventry will have their promotion or play off slots known by the last two games and will be on the beach or resting key players.

I wouldn't assume Sunderland will turn us over. They looked pretty average today and theres a point there with a fair wind.

It would be good to target 53pts.

Comment

Your being a bit greedy there. I think this year if we can get 48pts I think that will scrape over the survival line
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

At the start of last season didn't we go top after 16 games. Can't remember exactly but think it was 32pts we had?

Now, was that team significantly different/better than this current team? I don't think it was. So, can the current lot bag 32pts from last 16 games...... not out of the question in my view.

I write this after we've recently beaten two very poor out-of-form teams by 1 goal. Yeah, we were good value for those wins but the margins are fine: a daft ref, a blind lino, a strange bounce or deflection and suddenly its 1pt instead of 3pts.

The main thing is we are well in touch, and we have momentum and a spring in our step.

Comment

Originally posted by Qpstranger View Post
              Under Marti we have averaged 1.25 points per game so far.

His league record so far is: P16 W5 D5 L6 with a goal difference of +2.

I really like Marti and what he is doing. Most importantly I think he just says it like he sees it. If we perform badly he will say it, he doesn't seem to try and bluff the fans or put a positive spin on poor performances.

He had a difficult task when he arrived, but he has at least kept us in the mix for survival. He had his hands tied in the transfer window, but sent off Kelman, Dozzell and others on loan and bought in a defensive midfielder, an attacking midfielder and a striker, all three are arguably risky, but were acquisitions in the positions we needed and we never realistically had the budget for buying injury free proven articles - I honestly thought that was about as good as we could have done in those circumstances.

Marti has come under alot of criticism for poor / late substitutions in games, but TBF our bench in some games prior to yesterday has been very scant. Yesterday at least we had viable options, and he made early changes that really seemed to change the game.

We might still go down. We started the season with 8 points from 14 league games under GA which was a very skinny return from nearly a third of the season... But 1.3 points per game at this stage does feel possible. I think it will likely go down to the wire for us this season... Ultimately we might need to really dig in and win games ugly - GA somehow pulled it out of the bag last year, I hope Marti can do the same.
              Marti's post match interviews are a breath of fresh air, as you say he tells it like it is. He's not afraid to come and out and say that we were poor or not good enough. The fans can see it, why not state it.

It's far better than Ainsworth's "The boys have given me everything". When the team had just lost 3-0, and clearly players weren't giving everything. You just ended up thinking you're talking b*****s mate.

Also on reflection I stated that both Millwall and Huddersfield were "dire" in our games, now with Blackburn looking equally inept, I'm wondering if I've done our team a disservice, is our high press nullifying any sort of attack from these teams? Huddersfield smashed 4 in the second half on Saturday, so are clearly capable of scoring.

Marti's clearly the right man to try and keep us up, we've just got to hope we can keep grinding out the results to do so.

Comment

Still early days but when you consider the mess he inherited he has done a sterling job in steadying the ship and grinding out a reasonable number of results. Arguably, aside from our brief early season purple patches, we have been the worst team in this division the last two seasons and bottom three this season. Even if we end up going down this season he has shown more than enough to show he is the man to help rebuild us. With the additions we have made in January I am hoping we now have enough we can be more consistent and he will have meaningful bench options. I certainly feel more optimistic than I did a week or so ago!

Comment

Read somewhere that if season had started and based on amount of game we played under MC alone we'd sit 13th based on the 15 he's had to date

Not bad given that weve been diabolical in some of them and squads now a lot different to where he started

Comment

We've got every chance of sorting it out, we have to rely on other clubs continuing to drop points to avoid twitchy bum time.

One of the good things about QPR is we can beat Liecester or Leeds, but the worst is we'll lose against Stoke and Rotherham.

In one week i've gone from we're doomed to belief, because of the signings and nothing else, if only Hodge and Issac come good and the other 2 flop, it's still a huge upgrade on what we had before. If they all do well then we'll be fine.

Comment

Working...
                    X