Our Pitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Pitch

For a new Pitch it Is in a pretty ropey nick - a couple of the their players made a comment yesterday - not an excuse but it doesn't help.

What was wrong with it. Saw a few players slip and slide but it didn't look bad - more like the wrong boots or studs to me. Ultimately it IS January and it's taken a lot of rain and melted snow in past weeks. Maybe it's about deflecting from fact it was two very limited teams playing a stinker of a game, y'know, a poor workman blaming their tools.

Comment

I think it has more to do with playing 4 home games in a row. It did appear to be very patchy in and around the penalty areas.

Comment

It's a pitch not a carpet , the modern day player looks for any excuse.

Comment

It's the pitch not our 11 dire players on it, I knew I had my wires crossed, thank god for that
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Perhaps we could plant some potatoes in the summer to help the income stream?
            Last edited by SheepRanger; 30-01-2024, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Bring back the astroturf

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                Bring back the astroturf
                Omniturf
                Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                Work Best When Open...
                @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                  Perhaps we could plant some potatoes in the summer to help the income stream?
                  Haven’t we got enough of them on the pitch already

Comment

Because our ground is so compact , we get very little sunlight onto certain areas of the pitch , therefore the grass does'nt grow very well.
                    Certain clubs have massive machines with loads of lights and heat lamps to keep the pitch nice . All we've got is a geezer walking round the pitch with a Petzel head torch on.

Comment

Originally posted by Harrow QPR View Post
                      Because our ground is so compact , we get very little sunlight onto certain areas of the pitch , therefore the grass does'nt grow very well.
                      Certain clubs have massive machines with loads of lights and heat lamps to keep the pitch nice . All we've got is a geezer walking round the pitch with a Petzel head torch on.
                      What could we grow on the pitch in the summer with some hydroponic lights?

Comment

I do recall when we went to take a corner against Hudds at one point, it looked like there was a big divot of earth sitting in the way. It wouldn't make a difference to our pish poor corners but it may be helpful in holding back the oppo?

Comment

Working...
                        X