Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marty’s post match

Breath of fresh air

Good to hear about moving Paal and the gradual introduction of Willock, who will now start on Fri.

im also happy with his discussions with Dykes. He been told we ecpect more from him. We are not an inconvenience either side of Scotland games.

Glad he took Colbask off before he got sent off.

Comment

Comment

What's good about Marti so far, is he is seeing and doing the things that fans are seeing and wanting done, by and large. There doesn't appear to be any smoke or mirrors. He also seems to have at least short term for what he's doing with players like Dykes, Armstrong, Willock and I hope Chair in order to bring the best out of them.

So far, so good.

Comment

Sets us up nicely for three very winnable game in Dec against Plymouth, Wed and Wall. We seem quite solid so draws from the others arent unrealistic.

21 points to fight for in Dec and Im going for 3W 2D 2L = 11pts

Amazing what a win can do for your outlook.

Comment

Whoops spelt Marti wrong in the title,

I like the fact its not ALL about effort/workrate - that should be a given without that as a basic an individual shouldn’t be anywhere near the team. He talks about expectations and responsibilities (Dykes Conversation) moving players (Paal) fluidity of tactics within a game ie when they go down to 10 (or most likely when we do)

Solid Dec as above 4 home games in Jan, were gonna do a Forest from relegation candidates to the Prem (oh dear i got carried away again after ONE win)

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal View Post
              Whoops spelt Marti wrong in the title,

I like the fact its not ALL about effort/workrate - that should be a given without that as a basic an individual shouldn’t be anywhere near the team. He talks about expectations and responsibilities (Dykes Conversation) moving players (Paal) fluidity of tactics within a game ie when they go down to 10 (or most likely when we do)

Solid Dec as above 4 home games in Jan, were gonna do a Forest from relegation candidates to the Prem (oh dear i got carried away again after ONE win)

Comment

I'm so happy with the win and the 4 goals but we really do need to address a couple of things, we had 13 corners and a few free kicks in dangerous areas but we didn't create as much as a half chance from any of them. This is coachable, it needs work on the training pitch. The other one is that we are still toothless up front open play despite the 4 goals, we were helped very much by a 10 man team being dead on their feet in the last 10 minutes, hats of to the lads for turning the screw and getting the 4 goals but we didn't look like scoring from open play when we were playing 11 men.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post
                  I'm so happy with the win and the 4 goals but we really do need to address a couple of things, we had 13 corners and a few free kicks in dangerous areas but we didn't create as much as a half chance from any of them. This is coachable, it needs work on the training pitch. The other one is that we are still toothless up front open play despite the 4 goals, we were helped very much by a 10 man team being dead on their feet in the last 10 minutes, hats of to the lads for turning the screw and getting the 4 goals but we didn't look like scoring from open play when we were playing 11 men.
                  100% this on both fronts, the second is a confidence thing also, which is coming now the lads are being told to play with personality.

Imagine if we could create chances from set pieces?!

Comment

The manager suits us in terms of the style. We d have decent players- namely Willock and Chair. I think also at full back we are doing better. We just need really a 15-20 goal a season centre forward. We would then be watching a goal fest every week which would be exciting.

Comment

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2023/dece...-our-identity/

MARTÍ Cifuentes was pleased with the identity his team showed as they recorded back-to-back victories for the first time since April with a 2-0 triumph over Preston on Friday night.

Comment

Everything coming out of the guy at this point in time is correct. He's barely put a foot wrong in completely turning around our attitudes on the pitch and it's starting to show in results. very proud.

“We need to improve in our offensive set-plays,” he said, “but at the same time we need to say congratulations to the guys because they are making big improvements every day.

“I see a team that has an identity, that wants to play in a certain way and we won tonight against a very good team at home.

“Better performances will bring better results and that is where my focus is”

I think some on here should consider how quick they were to slam the players for being useless, there was clearly a disconnect between them and GA, also with Critchley. Now not so the case witha manager that understands he has to play to the strengths of his squad. We are hardly worldies yet but things look alot rosier. It's just a shame that this squad was setup so poorly from the start if this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post
                          6 goals in two games… clean sheet, Willock ‘back’, an identity, a manager who talks sense and uses subs the best I’ve seen.

Chair brilliant, Kerman looking good, Dixon Bonner like a new signing…. Cannon, the French left back, superb fans singing.

Very happy fan today sitting in the Black Country sunshine.

Comment

Working...
                          X