No announcement yet.

Martí Cifuentes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Know nothing about him save what is on here and Wiki. However only 41 years old and already managed well over 200 first team games, reasonably good record albeit in poorer league. Plays possession football which is encouraging and potentially will work better with players we have. Whilst lacking experience over here will bring with him experience from other leagues which I view as a positive.

Part of me would have loved Warnock back and he is great at this level but was not a given he would save us and I don't really want a manager who would only be here for part of a season. For his own sake he probably should hang up his tracksuit unless staying in his football is his way of avoiding having to do housework!

Comment

From a clubs point it's a bit of a gamble if we've paid compensation for him when others like NW are out of work given ffp status.

Hoping he can give us a side that's got a bit more about them going forwards and has some discipline.

First thing he needs to sort out sadly are the basics our movements dreadful our crossing is diabolical and were not scoring goals. Hopefully he knows of an unknown CF in Scandinavia that can finish chances.

Should we drop its hardly his fault but I still believe there are at least 3 worse sides in this division than us

Comment

"Los muchachos están vaciando el tanque."

Its what i expect Marti will say after the match at rotherham!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
          "Los muchachos están vaciando el tanque."

Its what i expect Marti will say after the match at rotherham!!
          Esperemos que pueda llenar sus tanques.

Comment

Sky sports interview with Marti Cifuentes.
            https://www.skysports.com/football/n...-even-millwall

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
              His last game last night. Looks like the coaches hate each other !! The big Hammy bouncer stopped the hand shake at the end !!

maybe he can bring the no20 with him - Nahir Besara a midfielder who knows where the goal is 19 in 57 appearances pretty good from midfield!

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post

Did you really mean exiting?
                Commonsence will let you know that I meant exciting. However, my mistake. I apologise.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post

Commonsence will let you know that I meant exciting. However, my mistake. I apologise.
                  Only meant in Jest !!

Comment

Comment

I can’t seem to get excited about him
                      If he thinks we got the players to keep ball and press his got a shock
                      I’m fully 10000 million per cent behind him
                      as anyone is a upgrade on Ainsworth
                      Why did he not get the job the last 2 times
                      my concern is we don’t have DOF or any one on the board who actually knows football
                      this is Lee hoos who had picked this guy up
                      Swedish football to championship is a bigger step than Ainsworth wycombe to us
                      in the position we are in and the year we have had i would of played it safe with a manager who knows the championship inside out .
                      I think we have messed up again
                      I hope to eat my words in a few months

Comment

Well, like all of us, I am shocked. But all best wishes to him. Right now it seems like a huge gamble but who knows? From all that has gone on over recent times, I often feel that we are a club which is being managed to fail. Our board, which most would admit leaves much to be desired, suddenly making an off the wall and incredibly successful appointment seems wishful thinking.This appointment does not alter my opinion but here's hoping that I am proved profoundly wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post
                          I can’t seem to get excited about him
                          If he thinks we got the players to keep ball and press his got a shock
                          I’m fully 10000 million per cent behind him
                          as anyone is a upgrade on Ainsworth
                          Why did he not get the job the last 2 times
                          my concern is we don’t have DOF or any one on the board who actually knows football
                          this is Lee hoos who had picked this guy up
                          Swedish football to championship is a bigger step than Ainsworth wycombe to us
                          in the position we are in and the year we have had i would of played it safe with a manager who knows the championship inside out .
                          I think we have messed up again
                          I hope to eat my words in a few months
                          I agree. Warnock till season send would have been ideal based on the current squad and picking up MC in the summer.

The only thing that makes MC a sensible appointment is if theres going to be a Jan recruitment drive. If there's a £5m pot left from the 3yr stadium rights and Chair being lined up fir a £6m transfer out, perhaps he can bring in his own players to secure survival. You'd like to think some forward planning has gone into this appointment. There must be some assurances given because this guy seems ambitious so I cant see why he would come to a sh1t show that will not help his career.

Comment

I’m surprised there hasn’t been an interview with him on the official yet.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Canvey Ranger View Post
                                I’m surprised there hasn’t been an interview with him on the official yet.
                                He's probably watched training and gone wtf have I done, there losing to the cones 1-0 !

Comment

Working...
                                X