Martí Cifuentes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martí Cifuentes

Apparently is a contender for the role according to the telegraph.

https://twitter.com/mcgrathmike/stat...91091775439258

According to Swedish media he is only details from being the new coach for QPR. He will probably coach Hammarby in their game today and then leave for England in the coming days, unless something happens.

​​​​​​https://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblad...s-park-rangers

Just my own opinion, from being Swedish:

He feels like a guy aiming to have a career. It's always a rumour about him moving to another team, even before he went to Hammarby. He's always looking for the next step.

He's talked about being very possession based, but his best results have come when Hammarby have been very good at set pieces. They scored 17 goals on set pieces last year, in 30 games, which was by far the most of any team. They've had quite a bad season this year, but they have been better lately and have given a lot of minutes to young players. It feels like he tried for too long to play another style of play that didn't work with this squad. Now they are a bit more direct, a bit more no-nonsense, with three at the back and with younger players. Not sure he will continue with this in QPR.

I've always felt he is a good coach by Allsvenskan standards, but that he is someone who kind of "feels" like he is better than he really is. It's quite easy to be fascinated with a young Spanish coach who often knows what to say.

Comment

Looks like it's definitely Marti. Sky sports now reporting its a done deal.

Comment

No that's ridiculous, surely Warnock said no otherwise we've lost our marbles. No point looking to the future for this appointment if we end up in league 1 that will be us finished
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

A gamble, but nothing to lose really. No guarantee a Warnock, Jones or Eustace would keep us up. Obviously, the lack of Championship experience is the downside.

Interesting appointment and could be a breath of fresh air.

Comment

Would no one else take it ,did Warnock turn is down?

Comment

Hope he can bring some scando players with him.

If the guy is very career focussed he surely wouldnt join us without a decent Jan transfer budget.

All aboard the merry-go-round....!

Comment

A bold roll of the dice seems to have done well won 1 of last 5 drawn 3 lost 1

let's hope he's not watched videos of kakay,albert kelman and our prolific strike force in action

Comment

Swedish football is very poor. Strange appointment when you have a manager in Warnock who is a master in this division. I can only assume his wife has told him to turn it down
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                    Swedish football is very poor. Strange appointment when you have a manager in Warnock who is a master in this division. I can only assume his wife has told him to turn it down
                    Seems odd one guy knows this division better than anyone on the planet and the other knows how to cook meatballs

Odd choice given were a shambles that needs a strong leader perhaps NW too big a ego for the board

Comment

Not heard of him before , supposed we can sack him if it doesn't work out

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                        Not heard of him before , supposed we can sack him if it doesn't work out
                        Lol he ain't been appointed yet and he's being sounded out for the heave ho

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

Lol he ain't been appointed yet and he's being sounded out for the heave ho
                          None of the recent managers seem to hang out with us for too long

Comment

Never fancied Warnock to return tbh.

Got sacked by current owners in PL, returned to help us out in 2015 and wanted the job but we gave it to JFH.

Not sure why he'd be interested in joining us and working with people who haven't been great with him. Warnock is guaranteed to get a job at some point this season and there will be easier jobs than ours.

Comment

This can't be right surely.
                              we are in the sh ithouse,he won't know what this league is like.
                              Got to be warnock, best chance of staying up.

Comment

Working...
                              X