No announcement yet.

Dieng to Boro, £2 million - big loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liked Senny, and will be sad to see him go. Good keeper, but how many times last season would you have said "He's kept us in the game, I'm glad he's in goal for us. " Not many I'd imagine. For that reason I think it's best for both parties to go their separate ways.

Comment

should have sold him for 4-5 million at start of this season

would have been happy replacing him with Alex Smithies on a free back then

Comment

Originally posted by Springboks2002 View Post
        should have sold him for 4-5 million at start of this season

would have been happy replacing him with Alex Smithies on a free back then
        I cant remember any team trying to buy him then. Im not aware we received any bids. I remember sone talk about West Ham but nothing came of it. If we could have sold him for 4-5m then he would have gone.

Comment

We WILL finish above Boro and what's already a very tidy bit of business by us will look even sweeter in May.

Comment

Still not signed yet

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post
              Still not signed yet
              Medical today.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                We WILL finish above Boro and what's already a very tidy bit of business by us will look even sweeter in May.
                We won't finish above anyone, nevermind Boro

Comment

I’ve wanted him gone since the first goal Birmingham scored against us in the first game vs them. Liability and overrated goalie and we can do better. Cash in.

Comment

Done & dusted

Comment

Oh well good luck to him. Yes a bit inconsistent last season but overall has been a very good keeper for us.

Just need to shift another couple along and we can hopefully look more to bringing players in.

Comment

Done ok for us, no real lose as he didn’t really seem to care, got beaten fairly easily from any shot from 18 yard plus, tended to stay rooted to the line and his attempts at saving penalties was pathetic, easiest position to replace as loads of decent keepers knocking about.

Comment

Mixed feeling about Seny .

On his day one of the better keepers in this division but post world cup he was pretty awful - you remember the mistakes rather that the great games last season.

His laid back dememour would often mean it looked like he wasn't really bothered. Slow distribution - terrible at Crosses but a great shot stopper.

thank him for his time - move on and at the end of the day £2mill is not to be sniffed at for a goalkeeper - having said that he is a full international and spurs have just spent 18 million on a keeper from one of the bottom teams in Serie A.

Comment

Working...
                          X