Dieng to Boro, £2 million - big loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dieng to Boro, £2 million - big loss

Widely reported that after not making the pre-season trip Dieng is signing for Boro for £2m.

Massive loss if so, most consistent keeper we have had for ages and will be much harder to build a solid defence without him.

£2m just isn’t enough to make it worth it.

He ain't that good...he made quite a few blunders this year,can be replaced I'm not worried

Comment

The short memories of fans always amazes me.

Before Dieng it was a disaster in goal.

He is widely seen as one of the best keepers outside the premier league.

Ha has a few bad games in one of the league’s worst defences.

Instead of thinking he is one of our strongest foundations to build from you want to get rid.

We will now be back to Lumley or worse.

It’s like we never learn …

Comment

It's not the end of the world,if he wants to go what can we do? Offer him alot of money? Players come and go in any team

Comment

I'm not sure what you expect?

Seny is a good keeper, no doubt about that and I'm sure the majority would have loved him to stay. However, his contract is up next summer and he's very unlikely to extend his stay, so it's time to go and £2m is a very fair price, in fact I think it's the best we could have achieved.

Is he irreplaceable? Not at all! I was more disappointed when Smithies was sold to be honest.

Comment

Not a patch on smithies. Different class completely.

Comment

No big loss , and if player doesn't want to be at the club let him go before bad feeling spreads.

Comment

No loss whatsoever.
                Thinks he's much better than he actually is.

2 million is great business for such a bang average keeper.

So many poor parts to his game.
                I won't miss him one bit.

71 goals conceded last season FFS.

Comment

Dieng will leave for free after this season. 2 million equals £40.000 per week for the coming season. We can use a third on a good keeper and have a lot left to ensure we stay inside FFP and do not face a point deduction, or strengthen in other areas if we are safe from FFP.

How someone think this is bad business is strange to me.

Comment

Very overrated, always prone to making a ricket
                    Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

He was very poor at times last season, he is out of contract at the end of the season and £2m is not a bad fee. At least we have managed to sell him at a profit.

Comment

Always sell , small clubs like us can't afford for him to leave on a free.
                        2 mill that's good P

Comment

Having medical today

https://www.footballinsider247.com/s...r-deal-agreed/

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                            Dieng will leave for free after this season. 2 million equals £40.000 per week for the coming season. We can use a third on a good keeper and have a lot left to ensure we stay inside FFP and do not face a point deduction, or strengthen in other areas if we are safe from FFP.

How someone think this is bad business is strange to me.
                            Dont forget the £1m for Dickie.

£3m for Dickie and Dieng covers £57,500 in wages per week. I suspect some of that has gone to Dykes who was rumoured to be on £6k pw. I wouldnt be suprised to see him on £18k a week now which was Steffs salary.

Most of our players are on £8-12k a week, so those two transfers will cover the wages of five of a 25 man squad (20%).

Hopefully some of that will be used to extend and improve Willock's contract. That should then include a £10m release clause. He had a quiet last six months and a good season shoukd then see him move on for decent money next summer

Comment

Seny is certainly 1 of the best keepers in this division certainly top 3 when you talk age and ability so there is no way he would stay for a side fighting in the bottom 6. We can't keep players like that and I nearly have to accept it. I'll be gutted when we lose Willock but he's far too good for us in reality. 2m isn't great as we all know he's worth more but when you have players on 1 year contracts that puts them on sale of up to 70% so of course we have to take 2million
                              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Working...
                              X