Clocks ticking Amit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clocks ticking Amit

It’s clear we are sticking with Ainsworth which is ok providing he sorts out the squad properly and not a load of hoof ball merchants

The other problem with him is he comes over as a yes man and in some way in awe of Les

Amit talked about changes, if he’s going to get rid of Hoos and/or Les surely he would have done that by now.

So if these 2 aren’t going, the changes he’s referring to can’t be that significant

I fear we will therefore paper over the cracks and next season could be painful

I appreciate the season only finished 2 weeks ago but we need some decisive actions quickly

^^ The single most important thread on here since season ended. IOW: What now, Amit?
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

Really don't get this anti Sir Les thing. Probably brought in the best manager we've had in 20 years in Adrian Mole and it wasn't his fault that the bloke was untrustworthy and a snake. I'd be happy to have new owners but maybe keep hold of Amit too. Need to get shot of Lee hoos as the jumped up American doesn't relate to the working class in any way shape or form!
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
        Really don't get this anti Sir Les thing. Probably brought in the best manager we've had in 20 years in Adrian Mole and it wasn't his fault that the bloke was untrustworthy and a snake. I'd be happy to have new owners but maybe keep hold of Amit too. Need to get shot of Lee hoos as the jumped up American doesn't relate to the working class in any way shape or form!
        I would like to see the clause in that contract with Beale. Besides, personally I`m not anti les, it`s his DOF role I question.

QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

We can make significant changes without getting rid of Sir Les or Hoos.

Until the last two seasons we had made a lot of good progress. Our main problem was not learning from the collapse of last season resulting in poor player recruitment last summer. If GA recruits players with at least half an eye on character as much as ability we will have a stronger core. The gutting thing for me is how much less our players are now worth after the last two seasons and how we will almost certainly end up selling them for far less and having naff all to invest back in. That will result in probably a tough season next year and probably at least one more after that before we can get back to where we were two years ago. Had we gone down could see that having been a five year recovery rather than two. So we need to look at improving player recruitment.

The other main issue is our poor record of bringing players through. Les can point to our better yoof players being poached, and that is valid, but at same time we could be poaching the best youngsters from clubs below us. All a bit mercenary and unsavoury but is the world we live in. We need a big change in how we deal with bringing through younger players so we can have a pipeline of youngsters breaking into the first team and forming a meaningful part of our first team squad as opposed to having a few who mainly either don't appear at all in match day squads or just pick up splinters save maybe for Armstrong and Kakay. Other teams at our level seem to be able to do it so I have to question why we have been so poor. That needs addressing.

Could be changes afoot off the pitch. Despite the understandable doom and gloom we could be seen as an exciting project by someone looking to come into the fold. Long established London club playing in second tier. If a new ground can ever be sourced no reason we could not end up being an established premiership side one day, admittedly some years in the future. Brighton managed it for example having almost gone out of the football league altogether. Took them over a decade to source a suitable site after a number of false starts so certainly no quick fix.

Comment

Not sure what Hoos had done wrong? He's the numbers msn and had delivered a new training ground for the players. He's working to the budget guven to him by the owners.

Les is making the calls on player recruitment and based on last season the criticism is justified on his performance.

I think the change of strategy is to move away from loan signings who may not be fully committed to the badge. GA has said he wants committed players to create that team bond. Ladt chance saloon for Les.

Comment

We are only two weeks into the off season period.

I think we just need to be patient, would rather they took their time to take a decision rather than to rush anything.

Comment

I do not think the board has the guts or vision to make wholesale changes to the club structure. This is down to Les, is he humble enough to admit the failings of recent years and does he have the ability to adapt and lead the club into a different future....

Amit nd the board won't sack him. I think he should go, he should walk. For me the key figurehead responsible for our screw ups and the man capable of changing the club moving forward is Les and I would love for it to be him that does it, I just don't see it.

Comment

People seem completely ignorant about the amount of punishments, sanctions and embargos the EFL have dished out over past several years.
                  Given we have avoided any punishment at all I'd say "the suits", the Board or whatever they're called have done, and are doing a decent job.
                  I still maintain that our squad and incomings last season looked very good on paper and as recently as October I'd say 99% of us would have commended all at the club for their efforts.

Comment

The clock's ticking alright... but the other way round...

If I was Amit and the guys, I'd be thinking what return they are getting sinking £2m a month into Rangers.

Patience is what we need.

Comment

Last 2 posts very fair Abseits and Hope and Faith.

That’s what this message board is all about. Reasoned opinions

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                        I still maintain that our squad and incomings last season looked very good on paper and as recently as October I'd say 99% of us would have commended all at the club for their efforts.
                        There was widespread concen that we went into the season with only recogised CF who was prone to injuries and was not an out-and-out goal scorer. I discounted Bonne despite a decent pre-seaaon. The attacking midfielders of Willock, Chair, Roberts and Richards really had to deliver and I admit I hadnt heard of either of the new new lads.

I was concerned where the goals were going to come from and think many thought the same.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                          He wasn't the Messiah, the fact that he proved to be a snake means he isn't the great manager he could have otherwise been, he's not even testing himself in the 2 horse race in Scotland (where he came 2nd)...he's nothing and we'll be better without him in the long term, in hindsight he was always going to jump ship for a better option at some point so better that he did it early on and we can carry on regardless.

Comment

Look, no one sane is denying the board have had a rough time and are deserving of our patience and respect. They have tried with this club.

Regardless of how much good will has gone into a project, it does not mean failures cannot be acknowledged, it does not absolve responsibility. I think any supporter wanting the board out, wholesale is not seeing the picture clearly and jumping on a bandwagon other teams are on. It is not what we should be saying our doing. The board do have to run this club more effectively though, Lee Hoos does not deserve to be lumped in with what has happened on the pitch. Les does.

Recruitment pre-summer was ok, Beale looked a canny signing and could have taken us all the way. However, he did not. I don't think many would criticise the actual time under Beale, more how his downfall was handled which exposed some other problems, and squad depth was one of those. Some of those squad depth and youth issues could have been seedlings under Warbs that should have been addressed, who knows really, so many what ifs and buts.

Fundamentally there is an issue with several aspects of the club when it comes to boots on the pitch and they really need to be sorted. Les is the constant, Les needs to adpat and prove he can push us forward or the board need to decide a new direction is needed, just my opinion.

Comment

I am not an economist. Just read elsewhere that the total layout for players salaries is 10 million. Read many times that the board is pumping 2 million a month to keep the club running. So that amounts to 24 million a year. I am sure that the club do have other expenses apart from players salaries. Granted. However, the club do have other income as well. Television rights, home game revenues etc etc. Where exactly are these two million a month being spent on?

Comment

Working...
                              X