No announcement yet.

Keep or move on PLAYERS OUT OF CONTRACT SUMMER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for your detailed reply QPROslo, I now understand the point you make about depreciation costs on the new training ground.

Those 24m losses last season minus training ground costs and other allowable costs of 3/4m still equate to being quite close to 13m for FFP purposes and not your initial estimate of 19 to 20m
    Edit..
    I just noticed that you updated your last reply to me, in it you say the returns show it’s a fraction of 8m for the training ground, sorry but this information is not correct.

Comment

[QUOTE=QPROslo;n2589565]
      Originally posted by Springboks2002 View Post
      Sell Dykes, Johansen, Dozzell wouldnt expect more than 5 million for the 3 of them so with Willock moving on and these 3 also 8 million kitty
      keep martin

I am afraid we cannot sell Johansen, as he isn't worth anything. I believe he is on a high salary (10k a week?). If we want to get rid of him we need to do the same deal as for Thomas and Bonne: Pay up most of his remaining salaries to reach a mutual exit agreement.

Johansen is 32 years of age. I think he wants to see out his contract with us and then return to Norway, to end his playing career with a low to mid table Norwegian club like Tromsų, Aalesund or Haugesund, before going into coaching.

I think it would take us minimum £350.000 to agree an exit for Johansen, if he is indeed earning 10k per week (£500.000 in a year). If Johansen would earn £150.000 playing for a Norwegian club he will end up equally well paid as if he stayed one more season with us. I think it is unlikely any Norwegian club will pay him any more than that, and I think the same would apply for a UK club, as he isn't any longer Championship material.

I think it would make sense to buy him out of the contract for such an amount if it meant we have another £150.000 to spend on a promising new signing.
      If Johansen is only on 10k per week then we have done well to get him on a contract like that, I would suspect he is more likely on something ridiculous like 25-30k, especially when you consider last seasons wages were £24.2 million, yes this was for 191 players and staff (seriously though why do we employ that many people!), the bulk of that money is going to go on 1st team squad. £7 million at a guess on the the staff, youth players, etc which leaves a crazy £17 million for 25 players, think the likes of Austin, Gray (% to watford), Johansen, Adomah were/are on a lot more than we think.

Comment

Originally posted by MINCER View Post

Within that loss of 24m were costs of 8m for new training ground which are not covered under FFP as far as I’m aware.
        FFP crippling teams time and time again allowing the teams with parachute payments to pick their bones.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

FFP crippling teams time and time again allowing the teams with parachute payments to pick their bones.
          At the moment I think there is some review of Championship FFP rules going on, talk of the EFL potentially following UEFAs new model which limit club spending to 70 percent of income on player wages, agent fees and bonuses.

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post

At the moment I think there is some review of Championship FFP rules going on, talk of the EFL potentially following UEFAs new model which limit club spending to 70 percent of income on player wages, agent fees and bonuses.
            Well that will keep small clubs small and let the TV companies continue the lov in with the existing mob.

So much for a free market and competition.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Well that will keep small clubs small and let the TV companies continue the lov in with the existing mob.

So much for a free market and competition.
              Only a proposal atm, UEFA have already implemented it for their competitions.

Comment

These are the players who are out of contract at the end of the season.

Archer
                Laird
                Balogun
                Lowe
                Iroebugnam
                Roberts
                Taylor Richards
                Shodipo
                Willock - 12 month option.
                Kelman
                Masterson
                Amos
                Owens
                Afa
                Dixon-Bonner

Thats 15 players out of contract, I would think we would trigger the option in Willock's contract and then sell for 2m.

rest I would release.

Comment

Since Kelmans loans from 2021/22 he has made 54 appearances and scored six goals. I guess most are sub appearances but even at 21yrs it doesnt seem great.

Perhaps we'll give him a L2 wage contract and continue to loan him out until he's 23 to see how he gets on over the next two years. Might as well keep him until then as our U23s dont get much of a sniff until that age. It be virtually cost nutral when we get loan fees in. Probably £1500 a week / £75k pa?

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                    Since Kelmans loans from 2021/22 he has made 54 appearances and scored six goals. I guess most are sub appearances but even at 21yrs it doesnt seem great.

Perhaps we'll give him a L2 wage contract and continue to loan him out until he's 23 to see how he gets on over the next two years. Might as well keep him until then as our U23s dont get much of a sniff until that age. It be virtually cost nutral when we get loan fees in. Probably £1500 a week / £75k pa?
                    Can't believe they'd be much interest taking Kelman on loan next season. He's been on bench for Leyton Orient recently. He'd spend next year hanging around with our U23s.

Time for him to find another club.

Comment

These are the players who are out of contract at the end of the season.

Archer
                      Laird
                      Balogun
                      Lowe
                      Iroebugnam
                      Roberts
                      Taylor Richards
                      Shodipo
                      Willock - 12 month option.
                      Kelman
                      Masterson
                      Amos
                      Owens
                      Afa
                      Dixon-Bonner

Thats 15 players out of contract, I would think we would trigger the option in Willock's contract and then sell for 2m.

rest I would release.
                      If LF is still involved next season then we know Owens and Shodipo are going to get one year extensions and subsequently sent out on loan for the season.

Comment

Archer (Keep - will play when dieng goes)
                        Laird (NOT OURS)
                        Balogun (Keep if he is interested)
                        Lowe (NOT OURS)
                        Iroebugnam (NOT OURS)
                        Roberts (NOT OURS)
                        Taylor Richards (NOT OURS - Although i think we have to sign him)
                        Shodipo (Get rid - had enough of a chance)
                        Willock - 12 month option. (Re sign and Sell)
                        Kelman ( Not good enough - Release)
                        Masterson (Keep!)
                        Amos (Sadly i think he has to go - a really good player with terrible injuries )
                        Owens (Go)
                        Afa (GO)
                        Dixon-Bonner (Keep - could be ok in League 1 )

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                          Archer (Keep - will play when dieng goes)
                          Laird (NOT OURS)
                          Balogun (Keep if he is interested)
                          Lowe (NOT OURS)
                          Iroebugnam (NOT OURS)
                          Roberts (NOT OURS)
                          Taylor Richards (NOT OURS - Although i think we have to sign him)
                          Shodipo (Get rid - had enough of a chance)
                          Willock - 12 month option. (Re sign and Sell)
                          Kelman ( Not good enough - Release)
                          Masterson (Keep!)
                          Amos (Sadly i think he has to go - a really good player with terrible injuries )
                          Owens (Go)
                          Afa (GO)
                          Dixon-Bonner (Keep - could be ok in League 1 )
                          I think we only have to sign Taylor Richards if we stay up.

Comment

I think we only have to sign Taylor Richards if we stay up.
                            And if he doesn't want to sign for us its would be in his interests that we go down - hence his injuries?
                            Last edited by SheepRanger; 17-04-2023, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Dixon-Bonner, why we would we keep him? Made bench once I think.

Comment

Working...
                              X