Archer move on
    Balogun Keep
    Shodipo move on
    Owens Move on
    Martin Keep
    MAsterson keep
    Willock keep but sell

your thoughts?

Depends to an extent what division we are in. Also need to look at 2024. Following players out of contract then:

Dieng
    Willock
    Dickie
    Field
    Dozzell
    Dykes
    Johansen
    Kakay
    Uncle

Dunne and Armstrong also run out in 2024 but we have an option of 1 more year.

If we stay in Championship who we renew may depend on if we can get the players whose contracts expire in 2024 we want to keep extend their current deals or not. If we renew who we want would maybe keep Amos (one year deal with one year option), Martin on one year deal. I am assuming we will renew and sell Willock regardless.

If we go down would also offer Archer a deal and keep as number 1. Should be plenty good enough for league 1. Balogun too much time injured and Masterson doubt would be interested but could try.

Comment

I would let go all of the players out of contract in June. I take the view that if they or the club were keen, then an extension would've long been sorted. Fact their contracts have been allowed to run-down suggests that they are surplus to requirements with no future here. But irrespective of that, there simply has to be a brutal massive clearout of the squad this summer and those out-of-contract are the easy low-hanging fruit to pick off.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
        I would let go all of the players out of contract in June. I take the view that if they or the club were keen, then an extension would've long been sorted. Fact their contracts have been allowed to run-down suggests that they are surplus to requirements with no future here. But irrespective of that, there simply has to be a brutal massive clearout of the squad this summer and those out-of-contract are the easy low-hanging fruit to pick off.
        100% agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Springboks2002 View Post
          Amos keep
          Archer move on
          Balogun Keep
          Shodipo move on
          Owens Move on
          Martin Keep
          MAsterson keep
          Willock keep but sell

your thoughts?
          Why move on Archer?

Comment

Only players I would extend contracts with would be Willock, and sell him on, then Archer.

Rest I would let go.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

Why move on Archer?
              dont feel comfortable if Dieng was to be injured and him be between the sticks? he has never ever been in contention even during Diengs out of form

Comment

in summer regardless what division were in

i would sell Willock but would at this minute only expect 3 million max as at his peak he was worth about 6 or 7 million

bring in new number 2 goalkeeper as backup to dieng
                bring in a new right back on a full time non loan contract
                sell Dykes, Johansen, Dozzell wouldnt expect more than 5 million for the 3 of them so with Willock moving on and these 3 also 8 million kitty
                keep martin
                bring in an experienced leader in midfield someone in the mould of Joe Allen at swansea
                let all loanees leave
                sign 1 or 2 new strikers (would go all out when trying to sign strikers to have a go at trying to bring in Josh WIndass from Sheff Weds as well as a Jordan Hugill type)
                keep masterson
                let JCS leave and pay him off

sign Armstong on a 3 year contract extension and give him a decent pay increase make him feel wanted

Comment

6 million kitty bad typo

Comment

I doubt six million would be deemed a kitty. I suspect £5m will go towards FFP and £1m for some £250k players who have one year left on their contracts.

I thought Archer played well in that spell when he got injured. If theres £2m on the table for Dieng then sell and extend Archer.

Keep Dozzell as a squad player and Amos on an appearance based contract. We need a squad. No idea if Masterson is good enough for the Championship.

Comment

dont feel comfortable if Dieng was to be injured and him be between the sticks? he has never ever been in contention even during Diengs out of form
                      I thought he played really well when Dieng was at AFCON until he got injured saving a penalty.

Comment

felt better when we had Marshall at the club as Diengs understudy

Archer needs to move on

Comment

Was impressed with Murphy Mahoney our young keeper he played 1 or 2 games for us last year in the FA cup. If we were to go down he would be an option.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

Why move on Archer?
                            We have joe Walsh. Why keep archer when we hsve a young keeper who we have high hopes for?

Comment

Originally posted by 222lepo View Post

Was impressed with Murphy Mahoney our young keeper he played 1 or 2 games for us last year in the FA cup. If we were to go down he would be an option.
                              How tall is Murphy Mahoney. Looked too short for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X