Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts

Can we stop the nonsense for a while and for once see the full picture? First of all, I think the start of our season with Beale was a bit of a fluke. Lots of results fortunately went our way with several games won by a goal. Maybe we deserved it, maybe we didn’t. The last couple of games under him we played awful and when Critchley was appointed we hadn’t won in 6 games. Started well under Critchley but after a couple of draws versus Sheffield Utd and Swansea in which I thought we played well, we were back in the poor state Beale left us in.

Players haven’t been performing at an acceptable level since mid-October with a few exceptions: Preston away, Sheffield Utd at home and Swansea at home. All under Critchley. The players performances are the reason for these results, not the manager. Let him stay and try and turn this around. He is certainly not getting any help from the owners with funds and is basically inheriting an out of form, poor squad with no chance of making his mark on the squad in January. If they sack him, I am actually embarrassed by the actions of the club.

I’ve seen a few very interesting suggestions from fans on various forums over the last weeks. Shaun Derry. Really? Sacked at Cambridge, Notts County and now from Palace as a coach. Is that our solution? Nathan Jones? Can’t seem to manage anything other than Luton, sacked at every other club he has tried. I wont even comment on his personality. Barton? No. For obvious reasons. Ainsworth? Not proven at this level and his ceiling his probably a good season every few years in league one.

As for Ferdinand/Hoos. Can we not be stereotypes and call for everyone’s head as soon as we hit a rough patch? I’ll admit that Hoos behavior in that podcast wasn’t the most sympathetic. In September Ferdinand was a genius for signing a young unproven manager and bringing in top notch loanees. We got some fantastic free transfers in Balugun and Paal. Top of the league and all that. Ferdinand is in my opinion operating the club as well as possible with the current circumstances. Over the last couple of years, we have had a number of decent cheap signings and loans who honestly have kept us floating. We are not a top half contender, and haven’t been for a number of years if you look at the level of investment the club has gotten. Stop expecting that. It is either FFP or the owners who are holding back on investments into the squad, not Ferdinand/Hoos.

If you desperately want to call for someone’s head, call for the whole squad to be axed. Boo them. It is sad if you think it is going to help anyone. Get behind them. Come on you R’s.

Well said and I couldnt agree more

Comment

Originally posted by W12hoops View Post
      Can we stop the nonsense for a while and for once see the full picture? First of all, I think the start of our season with Beale was a bit of a fluke. Lots of results fortunately went our way with several games won by a goal. Maybe we deserved it, maybe we didn’t. The last couple of games under him we played awful and when Critchley was appointed we hadn’t won in 6 games. Started well under Critchley but after a couple of draws versus Sheffield Utd and Swansea in which I thought we played well, we were back in the poor state Beale left us in.

Players haven’t been performing at an acceptable level since mid-October with a few exceptions: Preston away, Sheffield Utd at home and Swansea at home. All under Critchley. The players performances are the reason for these results, not the manager. Let him stay and try and turn this around. He is certainly not getting any help from the owners with funds and is basically inheriting an out of form, poor squad with no chance of making his mark on the squad in January. If they sack him, I am actually embarrassed by the actions of the club.

I’ve seen a few very interesting suggestions from fans on various forums over the last weeks. Shaun Derry. Really? Sacked at Cambridge, Notts County and now from Palace as a coach. Is that our solution? Nathan Jones? Can’t seem to manage anything other than Luton, sacked at every other club he has tried. I wont even comment on his personality. Barton? No. For obvious reasons. Ainsworth? Not proven at this level and his ceiling his probably a good season every few years in league one.

As for Ferdinand/Hoos. Can we not be stereotypes and call for everyone’s head as soon as we hit a rough patch? I’ll admit that Hoos behavior in that podcast wasn’t the most sympathetic. In September Ferdinand was a genius for signing a young unproven manager and bringing in top notch loanees. We got some fantastic free transfers in Balugun and Paal. Top of the league and all that. Ferdinand is in my opinion operating the club as well as possible with the current circumstances. Over the last couple of years, we have had a number of decent cheap signings and loans who honestly have kept us floating. We are not a top half contender, and haven’t been for a number of years if you look at the level of investment the club has gotten. Stop expecting that. It is either FFP or the owners who are holding back on investments into the squad, not Ferdinand/Hoos.

If you desperately want to call for someone’s head, call for the whole squad to be axed. Boo them. It is sad if you think it is going to help anyone. Get behind them. Come on you R’s.
      Great post i agree with you.

Comment

100% agree.

Comment

What you have said about the players i agree.

I do feel there are bigger problems afoot with development of players and recruitment, I do think there were issues under Warburtons tenure that were not addressed, and if they had been he would still be here. I do wonder if the Beale situation could have been handled differently from the start but we all know very little about that. I do not think Critchley was the right appointment given what the people that hired him knew and I really don't think he's the right man to turn this squad around. There is blame to be allocated here and it can't all be at the foot of FFP.

Ex-players are not going to be the ones to dig us out of this hole, the current players are and the club need to find a way of galvanising them.

Comment

Last fifteen games doesn't make good reading does it
            Attached Files

Comment

Cant really disagree with that, i don't think NC helped himself after his comments v Hull away saying players won't play etc etc and will be gone (from memory) however he was probably hoping for a bit more coming in and we did sod all. You cant really say they gave up V sunderland but basic errors are back from Warbs days in charge and no manager can resolve them only players. Regards Les and Beale i think we got lucky we was always going to be a stepping stone for the bloke and will be for others. Our main issue is player recruitment and contracts we've got more wrong than right and that has to change or we will go down and be in the shite tank for a while.

Comment

While you make some good points you gloss over a few others .

Since Beale left and yes the rot started while he was still here Critchley has had plenty of time and games to turn this rabble around and put his stamp on the team.

the thing is as someone who attends most games it is hard to see what his style or plan is. Admittedly he has had one hand tied behind his back in terms of injuries etc.

The clubs recruitment has been appalling - you only had to look at Robert history for instance to understand you wouldn't get anywhere near a full season out of him the same with JCS.

Steff ,Balogauan , Amos , WIllock , and now it would seem Laird are all injury prone and unlikely to give you a run of games.

No one could predict Dykes getting sick but even so without him we had no one literally no one to play that role.

But back to Critchley - he doesn't seem to be able to fire the team up and the definition of madness is doing the same thing time and time again with the hope of a different result.

I said in a different thread that if we concede first we are so easy to defend against . Slow in Build up - no midfield - a no 10 who thinks he has to do it all by himself. Don't get me started on how he was allowed to take the pen on Tuesday.

Substitutions - so late and with out any thought as to how they might change the game. Staff after 78 mins ? seriously - why not throw the Liverpool kid on and see what he's got.

Also the warm ups at half time and on the sideline are a joke - no wonder Willock came on and pulled his hamstring almost immediately - the subs are not ready when called on.

Players out of position - Does anyone know what Sam fields role in the team his - because he clearly doesn't - one minute he is playing a advanced role the next he is helping out at Fightback. One of our best players playing out of position.

Don't get me wrong - i wouldn't want the likes of Jones or Barton anywhere near our club but at least they show passion and say what they think rather than the Beige of the likes of critchley.

Anyway he is not going anywhere because JamesNutt has said so!

Comment

Whilst we all agree that the players are the cause of the current mess, not the manager, I can't agree with you think les is doing a good job. He is the dof. His record as someone who signs and sells (releases in most cases) is shocking. Aside from eze who let's face it was a gamble that no one predicted would turn out to be a gem, we haven't signed and developed and then sold one player (iirc)to a club in the prem or even a top championship one. We allow players to run down contracts I.e manning and bos, pay them to leave I.e bonne or just release them altogether. We paid 2.5m for Washington. He was awful. Bonne 2.5m.Awful. 2m for dykes. Never a 15 goal a season striker. We give long term contracts to injury prone players, 4 year deals to donkeys like niko. We have 4 gks that no other club has. We signed a guy who was released by rangers for being injury prone. He's not played since November.

All these happen with the approval of a guy who before he came to us had no experience of being a dof. He was given the job cos of his relationship with this club. Look at someone like David Bardsley. Has started up and ran a successful football business is the us and has footballlinks all over the globe. He asked to come and work for us and was told to #### oFf. Even gallen has said recently on line that he would love to work at our club but couldn't do with the current lot that are in charge. Does that not tell us something??

Not having a go W12. just my take on things. This club at the moment is in a very bad place. It goes beyond the performances on the pitch imo

Comment

A voice of reason, and I tend to agree upto a point. Other posters on this thread have pointed out very late substitution's, Field seemingly being played in a variety of unfamiliar roles. Poorly performing players playing week in week out, regardless of how bad they are.
                    ​​​​​​I want Critchley to stay and turn things around, but this is a results driven business and ours haven't been good enough, when do you call time and day enough is enough.

Comment

The football is slow and ponderous , service to the strikers is poor . Chair holds on to the ball for to long allowing opposition to get numbers around him .
                      Forever playing it sideways or backwards even when we are losing 2 nil.
                      All this can be changed it starts on the training field .
                      Play field in front of centre Half's , push Tim iro up the pitch , drop dozzel .

Comment

Regarding this post. Hell no. He needs to be sacked. Where I agree the players stink and they all need to go, the board is a disgrace, but 3-0 loss to Hull and Sunderland, with one of the games being at home is a weak manager. Clueless and he needs to be gone. Shouldn't of been hired in the 1st place. If the players are not playing for him then he is weak and where we can't sack every player, or shall I say, that will never happen during a season, we need to get rid of the manager and replace him with someone who they do respect

Comment

It would be nice to have the same manager in charge for a few seasons now at least. That`s why I still hope that the tide will turn and NC getting funds to gradually build a new team next season.
                          Ps. He is not perfect, but we have so many injuries atm that I`m not sure even if "fans favourite" Wilder was handed the job he would be able to bring our luck back. Just my humble opinion...
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Right now I would have James Nutt lead the team over NC.
                            Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                            Work Best When Open...
                            @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                              Right now I would have James Nutt lead the team over NC.
                              At least he'll be able to provide us with some insider info regarding transfers.

Comment

Working...
                              X