Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much of a disaster would it be for the club if we went down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much of a disaster would it be for the club if we went down?

Seriously.

It has served several clubs (not all) well by forcing a reboot.

Could be just what we need.

Would we survive it and bounce back or slip further into medicority.....

It would be a disaster because there's no guarantee we'd get promoted back. There are some big teams there. Plymouth have been out of the championship for 12 years!!

Comment

Ipswich, Portsmouth Sheffield weds in there at moment along with Derby Bolton all decent sides and chuck in Peterborough who yo-yo but have a decent record down there id say we'd struggle with what we have players wise it's a dogfight down there and physical sides are needed which we lack

Better to sort this mess out here just for revenue sake alone personally I'd like les told to walk along with hoos and if we want a dof get someone who's smarter than les

It's all about recruiting well and we're shite at it

Comment

If we can scrape through this season and have a half decent summer window that could give us some stability. We really don't want to be going down.

Comment

Disaster, end of story!!

Comment

Disastrous. I suspect we'd even struggle in that League (couldn't beat Charlton and Fleetwood in cups could we!?) and in 12 months there'd be a thread entitled "How much of a disaster would it be for the club to go down to League Two"?

​​​​​​I keep meaning to look back over league tables for several years to see if a club has ever got relegated from a position and points tally similar to what we currently have. We only need a dozen more points or so but given we seemingly cannot beat any other team in this league a dozen points looks like a big ask. I'll pull me finger out tomorrow and do the research....

Comment

I think it would be the beginning of the end … a blow that could take years to come back from. We need to stay in this league at all costs - if it means we are in that group of teams that are between 9th and 17th every year. The premier league is a pipe dream at the moment.

Comment

It could be a blessing in disguise if we went down because maybe then they would get rid of Ferdinand and his cronies and start afresh or even maybe #### off themselves.
                If we keep it as it is with Critchley we are definately going down. We have Rotherham, Wigan , Blackpool , Burnley , West Brom all away , don't see any points from that lot , we look ####.

Comment

It would simply be a disaster.

There are some huge clubs in L1, it would be hard to get back up.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                    Disastrous. I suspect we'd even struggle in that League (couldn't beat Charlton and Fleetwood in cups could we!?) and in 12 months there'd be a thread entitled "How much of a disaster would it be for the club to go down to League Two"?

​​​​​​I keep meaning to look back over league tables for several years to see if a club has ever got relegated from a position and points tally similar to what we currently have. We only need a dozen more points or so but given we seemingly cannot beat any other team in this league a dozen points looks like a big ask. I'll pull me finger out tomorrow and do the research....
                    Right. I've looked at league tables for previous four seasons. It hurt my brain cos I had to remove various points deductions to ensure "true" form was reflected. Season 2019/20 is fairly worrying......

Charlton (48pts), Barnsley(46pts) and Hull (45pts) were the three relegated teams.

Currently we have played 32 and have 39pts. After 32 games in 2019 Charlton had 36pts and Hull had 40pts. So, Hull were 1pt better off than we currently are but only pickled up FIVE points from last 14 games to end up bottom of league after 46 games and relegated with 45pts.

That same season Barnsley were badly adrift after 32 games on 25pts but picked up a whopping 21pts over their last 14 games (but still went down).

Season 2019/20 clearly shows that teams with 39ish points after 32 games CAN slump all the way to the relegation zone and teams seemingly dead and buried can put a spurt on and stat picking up points.

I also looked at positions after 16 games (ie when we were top of table with 30pts) and most teams that subsequently got relegated had about half that total of points, mid teens. Charlton and Hull were the best-placed teams in past four seasons - both had 22pts after 16 games before sliding down and out the division.. Our fall from top to 17th is pretty spectacular and there's nothing remotely like it in past four seasons.

We are definitely in danger of the drop - there's no doubt about it.

Comment

Blessing in disguise i believe

would possibly get rid of Les and Hoos if this happens and the better of our players we will be forced to sell
                      mismanagement or the players all have some blame on them these same squad of players that melted this season and last season.

Warburton wasa very good manager but wasnt helped by Les or Hoos to get us to next level

Beale was just a no good wasteman

and Critchley just way out his depth with no motivation skills

at the moment Relegation looks a cert to me

and i feel this club needs a clearout from the top to the bottom

only hope Jimmy Dunne survives all the changes as hes only 1of the only players as well as Adomah and Field that look like they care

however Field being one of our better players will be sold and Uncs past his best and prob sold due to wages

Comment

Working...
                      X