Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chritchley interview

https://twitter.com/QPR/status/16194..._zVGTxgFA&s=19

I think its a good and honest interview i have faith in him the players must look at themselves and the shirt they are playing for. Chritchley did a very good job at Blackpool, this type of behaviour from the team started a long time ago.

Well he has certainly hung them out to dry there. That can go one of two ways.

But its very hard to change players especially if nobody wants to buy them. And difficult to motivate players who dont want to be motivated.

But he has to find a way to get them going and if he cant do that soon then other manager will be brought it.

I wonder if publically criticising the players will do the trick? Im not convinced and its the actions of a manager who might already have tried everything else.

It might be a busy few days as we count down to the end of the window.

Comment

He made his own bed by starting a geriatric at right mid on a huge pitch. What did he expect? Taking him off at ht only reaffirmed that fact. The manager made a balls up and made it public making that sub. What exactly does he see in certain players in training. We are straddled with Roberts who is now injured....again. just rip up contracts and get rid of the fairies..jcs, Roberts, Richards, niko, Thomas, balogun. All wasters who are never fit or just crap.

Comment

But he said exactly the same things after Fleetwood Paints beat us

Comment

He came out and stated that the performance was nowhere near good enough today, and that he would expect far more from one of his teams.
          Fair play to him, he's not made any excuses, but he's got to try and sort out this shower of s***e pretty damn quick.

Comment

All well and good hanging people out to dry but if players down tools it's the manager whos in line to go and with the window shut Tuesday either were having a clear out or we are in trouble as we have been poor for too long

Let the manager find his own players Les or our scouts are shite at it

Comment

I wonder if he has considered whether he might be part of the problem.

Comment

Poor sod is trying but he's been left a load of c u next Tuesdays that are not bothered.
                our so called good players have gone m.i.a
                be better off clear the lot out go down and rebuild

Comment

Originally posted by QPRFCJIM View Post
                  I wonder if he has considered whether he might be part of the problem.
                  This seasons slump started when Beale was in charge and im sure that was one of the reasons he ditched us to avoid his reputation being damaged.

Im sure NC has tried to stroke to egos of these players but if theyre not trying they should take ownership as professionals. Players who want to leave should go if we can find a home for them. Id rather see the U23s put the effort in.

I think its clear that we have quite a decent starting eleven when everyone is fit but as soon as injuries come on theres no squad depth. Playing with niggles doesnt help.

Hopefully there'll be a decent bid coming in for one player thst will give us sone cash to play with. No idea whats up with Willock but it comes across as he got the hump and needs to go.

Comment

For Critch It seems like a case of:

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Between a rock and a hard place

And all those other similar clichés that no one understands anymore.

Comment

We are in freefall and there is no sign of putting the brakes on it, just not good enough anymore, it's a dangerous ploy to publicly criticise players, I suspect that he will now struggle to keep the dressing room, hope I'm wrong and it galvanises the team, but I suspect with the sulkers we have, it will have the opposite affect and things will go from bad to worse, I didn't like his appointment, but I have a certain amount of sympathy for him as ultimately it down to the players to go out and perform

Comment

Nothing to do with Tactics?! Maybe start your best player would be the 1st step. Tbh it's like already said identical to his Fleetwood interview and that did bugger all so a parrot fashioned version won't change a thing. His tone of voice even lack authority, he wouldn't be able to tone down a loud classroom of kids let alone a bunch of overpaid footballers
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post
                          We are in freefall and there is no sign of putting the brakes on it, just not good enough anymore, it's a dangerous ploy to publicly criticise players, I suspect that he will now struggle to keep the dressing room, hope I'm wrong and it galvanises the team, but I suspect with the sulkers we have, it will have the opposite affect and things will go from bad to worse, I didn't like his appointment, but I have a certain amount of sympathy for him as ultimately it down to the players to go out and perform
                          I fear you are right.

I just wonder how many managers (and at what cost?) to we have to go through 'till we get one that the players are prepared to work for?

It didn't work with the last manager, it isn't working with this manager, how many more?

How is it that things have turned around so the players decide if they can be ***ed to work for a Manager, rather than going on strike because circumstances don't suit them?

Comment

I'd like to hear Critchley be a bit more balanced in his comments about performances. He doesn't seem to shoulder any responsibility, I would like to hear him talk about how they are trying different things which don't always work but the players need to meet him half way with effort and commitment.

I recognise that he's jumped onto a sinking ship but a bit of diplomacy can go a long way.

The biggest problem is that the squad is pretty weak after our best 11, let's hope we can get some decent solid performers in.

Comment

"The biggest problem is that the squad is pretty weak".

​​​This is now a real problem, players who are underperforming week after week, have no competition for their place. We are stuck with the same few players regardless of how they perform.

Comment

Working...
                              X