On my way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On my way home

Will state the obvious, I’m ####ing freezing.Really flat sombre atmosphere today in a very poor crowd.
    3-0 loss at home looks like a real tonking, however Burnley are a well organised and tough team, however we were the master of our own downfall, firstly playing Thomas, where did that come from.
    We should have had a penalty in the first minute and it was never a foul for their first goal, thought Dieng was poorly placed for the shot and equally to blame with Dunne for the third, he did not appear to warn Dunne of the danger.
    First half showed them too much respect, second half we upped the tempo and looked much better.

Decent games for Field and Shodipo when the he came on, Dykes as always run his socks off.
    The board need to appoint a new manager this week to give the new guy a chance, we have a decent 13-14 players when fit, however there lays the problem.

We were p poor . Too many players were half hearted . Willock looks like he doesn't want to be here , dozzel and Thomas not good enough. Marking on left wing 1st half non existent.
    Couldn't match Burnley's tempo and drive .

Comment

I thought we looked very lightweight and ineffectual. Reckon score line could've been a lot worse but Clarets eased off somewhat in 2nd half and just slipped into game management mode whilst sat on their 0-2 lead. Don't kid yourself that we improved in second half - it was them taking their foot off the gas.

Don't look like Hall is going to give the board a conundrum by being one of those caretaker managers that transforms a team, like Gary O'Neill at Bournemouth for instance. I suppose one outcome of today is that learned we need a new manager ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
        We were p poor . Too many players were half hearted . Willock looks like he doesn't want to be here , dozzel and Thomas not good enough. Marking on left wing 1st half non existent.
        Couldn't match Burnley's tempo and drive .
        Think Willock is carrying an injury and thats why he's struggled last few games , the main problem there is , we probably won't be able to sell him for decent money now.

Comment

If willock is carrying an injury don't think he'd risk playing knowing he could get a big move in January ...

Comment

Willock is a great player i think he will remain with us, the risk is he will run down hes contract. How would anyone risk buying him at the price we want with hes injury record?

Comment

Deing - Comes across as really lacksidasical - no tempo in releasing the ball and quite slow coming to collect - hence the confusion of the 3rd goal

Paal - solid but given no support
              Dunne - has his limitations and was also at fault for the 3rd but at least he looks like he cares
              Clarke Salter - complete waste of space - i though he was a ball playing centre half but his passes rarely forward barely reached their intent target
              Laird - great going forward but gets caught napping at the back quite alot

Dozzell - no idea what he gives to the team
              Field - Tries hard and as captain was much more vocal - can sense his frustration
              TiM I - A red card waiting to happen - flits between lazy and disinterested to gliding past players often in the same passage of play!
              Thomas - League one beckons - hopefully not with us! less touches than dieng!

Willock - can we have the other chris Willock back please

Dykes - you have to feel sorry for the guy playing in this system with that midfield.

Shopido - tried and provided the few genuine sparks in the 2nd half he actually took players on rather than pass it backwards like his team mates
              Albert - a typical Albert Cameo - i feel that putting the ball down of the goalkeeper is becoming his most useful contribution these days

Armstrong - why isn't e being given more game time? he is raw but he is different and makes things happen.

Where are

Johannson
              Balogan
              Amos
              Roberts

are they are still unfit after month off

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                Deing - Comes across as really lacksidasical - no tempo in releasing the ball and quite slow coming to collect - hence the confusion of the 3rd goal

Dunne - has his limitations and was also at fault for the 3rd but at least he looks like he cares
                Clarke Salter - complete waste of space - i though he was a ball playing centre half but his passes rarely forward barely reached their intent target

Field - Tries hard and as captain was much more vocal - can sense his frustration
                TiM I - A red card waiting to happen - flits between lazy and disinterested to gliding past players often in the same passage of play!

Dykes - you have to feel sorry for the guy playing in this system with that midfield.

Shopido - tried and provided the few genuine sparks in the 2nd half he actually took players on rather than pass it backwards like his team mates
                Albert - a typical Albert Cameo - i feel that putting the ball down of the goalkeeper is becoming his most useful contribution these days

Armstrong - why isn't e being given more game time? he is raw but he is different and makes things happen.

Where are

Johannson
                Balogan
                Amos
                Roberts

Plan without Roberts and Amos. If they were dogs they would have been put down by now.

Comment

And for some reason our FBs don't get tight they're yards off the opposition. 2nd goal today came from no one picking up the Burnley player

Comment

Where are

Johannson
                    Balogan
                    Amos
                    Roberts

Based on the last 6 games, I think that's a fair assessment of our team.
                    Surely us supporters are entitled to know the situation regarding missing players? Why the secrecy?
                    Critchley has quite a job on his hands with this squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkranger View Post

Based on the last 6 games, I think that's a fair assessment of our team.
                      Surely us supporters are entitled to know the situation regarding missing players? Why the secrecy?
                      Critchley has quite a job on his hands with this squad.
                      After Beale I think there will be a few who will want to bail.

Its going to be a very busy Jan window.

Comment

Where are

Johannson
                        Balogan
                        Amos
                        Roberts

This is an excellent assessment.

I think Beale taking his foot off the pedal weeks before his act of football treason explains some of this, but starting Thomas? Watching Tim Irogboenum fake his way through an entire game? Seeing no effort at pace short of spurts from Shodipo? Is Richards not good enough to see ANY action?

And yes, why the secrecy over what's up with Stefan, Roberts, Amos and Leon? THIS is what pisses fans off, when management keeps diehard supporters on a need-to-know basis. Keep that up and the crowds will dwindle, home and away.

Comment

Its the balance of the team that's wrong. The likes of Johanson and Balagun are needed to direct the " Younger" players during the game. Yes a clear out of some. Get the recruitment right. Have players for "the future" and in this leagueand older pros (that arn't injury prone)

Comment

Working...
                          X