Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to Draw the (QPR) Line

https://www.footballfancast.com/qpr-...el-beale-ibrox

Here's a report suggesting Beale could "take Dykes with him" to Ibrox via January window.

How 'bout establishing a new rule re QPR managers, that we would categorically block any trade or transfer to a defector within the season of the defection.

This would be an openly declared exception to our self-proclaimed role that everyone has a price.

Would be applauded by fans throughout the football world.

£10m and he can go!

Comment

Given Dykes comments about Beale leaving can't see it although nothing impossible.

Most annoying thing now about Beale's departure for me is the news feed on my mobile is full of stories about him and Glasgow Rangers!

Beale will almost certainly come in for some players. Willock, Chair, Paal prime candidates but would not be surprised to see others. They have said already funds will be available.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
        Given Dykes comments about Beale leaving can't see it although nothing impossible.

Most annoying thing now about Beale's departure for me is the news feed on my mobile is full of stories about him and Glasgow Rangers!

Beale will almost certainly come in for some players. Willock, Chair, Paal prime candidates but would not be surprised to see others. They have said already funds will be available.
        Agree re Dykes.

As for the others, I would block any deals with Beale this season --openly state it -- and assure that in the contract for our next manager the same "QPR rule" is a part of it under pain of a staggering financial penalty.

Do this, and QPR asserts themselves as something more than a "feeder club" for others to use, poach at will.

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post

Agree re Dykes.

As for the others, I would block any deals with Beale this season --openly state it -- and assure that in the contract for our next manager the same "QPR rule" is a part of it under pain of a staggering financial penalty.

Do this, and QPR asserts themselves as something more than a "feeder club" for others to use, poach at will.
          I can't see any potential manager would agree this type of clause, much as I agree with the sentiment. Not heard of it anywhere else.

The harsh reality is we will always be ripe to have our players and managers poached by bigger clubs. Was the norm when I started supporting the club in the 80s. Most seasons one or more players were poached and club would then go and buy some lower league players with a view to developing them. Can't remember who left but recall us buying Paul Parker and Dean Coney from Fulham for I think £350k which turned out to be good for us. Of course Fulham may argue we simply used them as a feeder club ...

We sold Les and brought in Mark Hateley. That didn't work out quite so well.

Comment

Given Dykes comment it unlikely he would go - but hey this is football and we know that money talks - He would probably smash it up there tbh.

would take a fee for him above what we paid - £5m min.

if we get Robins - hopefully he would do the same thing and bring the Swedish striker with him!

Comment

Agree re Dykes.

We are a feeder club. Everyone is for sale at right price. As long as they pay top dollar.

Comment

£5m for Dykes increasing by £100k for each goal he scores?

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post
                  £5m for Dykes increasing by £100k for each goal he scores?
                  £5.5m then

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post

We are a feeder club. Everyone is for sale at right price. As long as they pay top dollar.
                    Bang on.

Comment

Bag of buts and pair of tracksuit bottoms and they can have their pick.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

£5.5m then

The more he scores, the more successful he is, the more we get.

The fewer he gets, good riddance, we got a decent wedge !

Comment

There's no logic whatsoever in rejecting a reasonable bid for any of our players from a "defector" - it'd just make us look like a bitter bunny-boiler and we're much better than that.

Comment

https://www.footballfancast.com/qpr-...el-beale-ibrox

Here's a report suggesting Beale could "take Dykes with him" to Ibrox via January window.

How 'bout establishing a new rule re QPR managers, that we would categorically block any trade or transfer to a defector within the season of the defection.

This would be an openly declared exception to our self-proclaimed role that everyone has a price.

Would be applauded by fans throughout the football world.
                            I think it's more likely Balogun and/or Willock will go to Rangers than Dykes.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                              There's no logic whatsoever in rejecting a reasonable bid for any of our players from a "defector" - it'd just make us look like a bitter bunny-boiler and we're much better than that.
                              I agree and love the "bunny boiler" reference, that's one of the few movies I have ever watched!
                              @gatorTFC

Comment

Working...
                              X