No announcement yet.

New manager if Beale goes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If they were doing interviews this week we will be a week or two before an appointment probably. Depends on your definition of quick. If they go for someone already in a job could take longer. A right appointment is more important than a quick appointment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post

We might agree to disagree, but think he can make his teams play in different ways: At Sandefjord fotball he made a team out of next to nothing. They were very solid at the back also. hence, I hope we will land him.
      I have not followed him in Norway so i am sure you are right! He has made Hammarby play a nice style of football.

Comment

• Lots of rumours circulating that it’s going to be Critchley. He’s moved to 1/3 on at the bookies and announcement expected in next 24/48 hours according to some

Comment

• Originally posted by Mem View Post
          Lots of rumours circulating that it’s going to be Critchley. He’s moved to 1/3 on at the bookies and announcement expected in next 24/48 hours according to some
          Haven't seen the rumours.
          on twitter?

Comment

• I just read that it's likely to be Critchley but also that we won't pay the compensation to Coventry for Robins, I don't mind either way but IF they think Robins is the better option, it's a bit short sighted to be put off by a fee considering we received a fee for Beale jumping ship. Critchley is a good appointment though if it happens.

Comment

• Probably depends more whether Robins actually wants to leave. If he's happy to come and we have to pay compo then fine. If we have to bend over backwards for him and are putting the club at risk then leave well alone. Both are good candidates at a time when there's not a lot of options to look at. Critchley has same background as beale. Robins has the experience and seems to know his stuff. Surprised he's still at cov to be fair. He's as good as any manager in this league.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post
                I just read that it's likely to be Critchley but also that we won't pay the compensation to Coventry for Robins, I don't mind either way but IF they think Robins is the better option, it's a bit short sighted to be put off by a fee considering we received a fee for Beale jumping ship. Critchley is a good appointment though if it happens.
                You know we have ZERO headroom against FFP, right? Any fee goes off that margin, which means we will have to sell whoever we can for whatever anyone offers us in the summer or is Sheff W, Derby, Reading, Brum style points deductions and embargoes for us. That would force us in to playing Nico, Archer, Masterson, Thomas, Kakay and anyone else we'd have left. Do you fancy watching that lot next season? No, me neither, so if we can't afford a release fee (we can't), I'm just happy someone half decent was available for free.

This will be why we can't #signastrikerFFSAmit in January.

One day people will get that we gambled big time over the last couple of summers - no sales, Austin, Johansen, De Wijs, Field, Gray, McCallum, Dozell, Paal, JCS, Balogun, Roberts, Richards, Laird. Add in the Pandemic and that Eze money is long gone.

If we do not go up, wave bye to Willock, Dieng, Dickie, Chair and anyone else we can get money for...

So that is why we can't pay compensation...

Comment

• Originally posted by davman View Post

You know we have ZERO headroom against FFP, right? Any fee goes off that margin, which means we will have to sell whoever we can for whatever anyone offers us in the summer or is Sheff W, Derby, Reading, Brum style points deductions and embargoes for us. That would force us in to playing Nico, Archer, Masterson, Thomas, Kakay and anyone else we'd have left. Do you fancy watching that lot next season? No, me neither, so if we can't afford a release fee (we can't), I'm just happy someone half decent was available for free.

One day people will get that we gambled big time over the last couple of summers - no sales, Austin, Johansen, De Wijs, Field, Gray, McCallum, Dozell, Paal, JCS, Balogun, Roberts, Richards, Laird. Add in the Pandemic and that Eze money is long gone.

If we do not go up, wave bye to Willock, Dieng, Dickie, Chair and anyone else we can get money for...

I get it I really do, what I fail to understand is why we cannot find a solution to solve this issue. I know it's all about player sales, but the ffp seems hang over this club like a dark cloud, and it's just depressing.

Comment

• Originally posted by davman View Post

Sounds like we’re in for a fire sale then as I honestly don’t think we have the fire power to go up if That has knock on effects and we’re stuck with nico at lb we’re playing l1 and if we’re that skint why not try for a decent run in the cup

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkranger View Post

I get it I really do, what I fail to understand is why we cannot find a solution to solve this issue. I know it's all about player sales, but the ffp seems hang over this club like a dark cloud, and it's just depressing.
                      Yep, that it is, matey.
                      We are lower midtable with regards to attendances and have very, very little non-matchday revenue due to the lack of facilities and parking at HQ. The only way we can compete regularly at this level is buy cheap, develop, sell on, but even when we start to look like we might have s conveyor belt going on that, the bottom falls out of the market for decent Championship Players.

Because we are always desperate, clubs will low ball us and pick off the talent we have. Willock will go in one of the next two windows and will go cheap in the summer one unless he stays injury free and rips up the second half of this season.

We are not in a bad position and have a decent squad this season, so this HAS to be our best chance of breaking the downward spiral. Just get the right boss in and then bloody well go for it. This team can look really, really good, so hopefully the shackles will come off and they can at least entertain us for the coming months.

Comment

• Robbins might quit Coventry to take an offer

Comment

• Journalist on Talksport just now saying there's been a change in the running, with Critchley looking less likely, Gareth Ainsworth looking more likely.

Comment

• Ainsworth being strongly considered- breaking yellow bar news on sky!

I don’t think anyone has a clue tbh!!

Comment

• Ainsworth will bring passion and identity to the club. Interesting! Never say never....
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

• Another thing Ainsworth would definitely bring is integrity.

Comment

Working...
                                X