Five fixes over the break

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Five fixes over the break

Beyond hoping we’ll be healthy for the restart, here are five fixes to get us out of this funk:

(1) Seny and his defenders must start the play upfield faster — we almost never see that, which means opposing teams can set their defense if not (a when we fall behind) park the bus.

(2) Crossing — feels we are currently one of the worst squads in this department, and yet our whole attack at present is predicated on it — Kakay looks one of our better crossers now

(3) Shooting in or near the box — we love playing around with the ball (cue Ilias) but lack killer instinct and drive in the box — isn’t that trainable?

(4) Pace and toughness in the midfield — how many times are we overrun in middle of the pitch? Like idea of combining Richards and Irogbeanum, Amos when healthy, over the alternatives — Dozzell and others too often disappear in games

(5) Set plays — enough said.

I think you need a nasty aggressive edge allied to more Corinthian things like skill, pace etc in order to do well in this division.
    I feel we've looked a bit "soft" over past month. I'm not sure you can teach or coach nastiness into players though - might have to get an horrible barsteward in to sit in central midfield.

Comment

When I read through the list (which I agree with by the way) it would have been exactly the same under Warbs which begs the question, what has Beale actually improved?

Comment

Have you not been watching his involvement in the training videos? Beale has his boots on and is part of the drills? Warbs could never do that!! Lol!!

Hate it when I see the manager actually doing the drill, smacks of look at me lads, I can do this and I was a decent player back in my youth!! Give up mate. Just stick to telling them what needs doing, you don't have go all Glenn Hoddle on us!!

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
          I think you need a nasty aggressive edge allied to more Corinthian things like skill, pace etc in order to do well in this division.
          I feel we've looked a bit "soft" over past month. I'm not sure you can teach or coach nastiness into players though - might have to get an horrible barsteward in to sit in central midfield.
          Agree team is light in the middle , dozzell, chair , Amos, SJ to name a few

Comment

Well everything was working well , before this dip,so is it too simple to just say get back to what we was doing then? Reinforce the good again, get rid of the bad, if they did it before then why not again! Overthinking things is not always the best solution

Comment

Part of it is about expectations. For me a top 10 finish would represent a good season. We spent nothing in the summer and have a small budget by Championship standards. There are a number of teams in this division with bigger more expensively assembled squads.

What I would like to see once the season restarts is our getting back on a more even track as opposed to having these extremes of being one of the best teams in the division to overnight being one of the worst! You expect to win some lose some but we just seem to do things differently.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                Part of it is about expectations. For me a top 10 finish would represent a good season. We spent nothing in the summer and have a small budget by Championship standards. There are a number of teams in this division with bigger more expensively assembled squads.

What I would like to see once the season restarts is our getting back on a more even track as opposed to having these extremes of being one of the best teams in the division to overnight being one of the worst! You expect to win some lose some but we just seem to do things differently.
                Not sure that has ever been the Rangers way!

Comment

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post
                  Well everything was working well , before this dip,so is it too simple to just say get back to what we was doing then? Reinforce the good again, get rid of the bad, if they did it before then why not again! Overthinking things is not always the best solution
                  A good Jan Window, Roberts fit and Firing, ship out some dead wood and MB gets some New Boots for Christmas
                  No worries.....

Comment

Did letting Dom Ball leave was a mistake then? We are missing his aggressiveness.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                      Did letting Dom Ball leave was a mistake then? We are missing his aggressiveness.
                      Dom would of made no difference to our current side at all, I'd rather his brother di ck. Listen we have the young Aston villa boy tim who has allot of potential. I actually hope we sign him permanently because it's these types of players that will get us out of this division not Dom league 2 ball!
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Watched Dom ball play In the cup at Bracknell last week he was Invisible

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post

Unfortunately our good start has once again over inflated our expectations. I'd have been more than happy to sit where we are now at the start of the season. It's just the dramatic decline in our form that is most concerning. Under no circumstances should you lose consecutive home games against the two bottom teams.

Comment

After losing to wba , you'd think we'd have gone all out against the bottom team . After going a goal up we were clueless. It's the same players that got us to the top minus SJ , We need to go back to basics and push against Burnley. By then we should have a fully fit squad .
                            Let's hope we've just had a blip and we ain't a mid table team .

Comment

We do think we have space for another loanee to come in January, and we also need to ship out some players imo.

Personally we need to get rid of 3 or 4 to free up funds to get players in.

Comment

Working...
                              X