Hate international breaks---

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hate international breaks---

Dunno about anybody else, but I hate these international breaks throughout the season, going to be even worse this year with this ridiculous world cup!!
    I get that this time is valuable to the managers and coaches to work on teams and get injured players back, but from a supporters view it just fragments the season so much!! Don't get me wrong, I love my country and will always support the national team, but who ever had the mindset, country and club, nobody, it's always club and country. Am I wrong?

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post
    Dunno about anybody else, but I hate these international breaks throughout the season, going to be even worse this year with this ridiculous world cup!!
    I get that this time is valuable to the managers and coaches to work on teams and get injured players back, but from a supporters view it just fragments the season so much!! Don't get me wrong, I love my country and will always support the national team, but who ever had the mindset, country and club, nobody, it's always club and country. Am I wrong?
    100% agree with you. like you, i love my country, but qpr is where all my hard earnt dosh goes, so club every time.

Comment

Rangers all the way ... I can't bond with this England team

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
        Rangers all the way ... I can't bond with this England team
        100%, Southgate can fu ck off.
        I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Well Southgate has achieved as much for England results wise as any previous manager bar Alf Ramsey.

Euro Final and World Cup Semis in quick time.

Last couple results dodgy and half nation now on his back. Nations league a pointless experience.

International break can come at wrong or right times for clubs. This year with World Cup also, it changes football in the leagues big time.

So far we have benefitted,in that Lyndon has improve his own particular profile but its a stop start season especially this year.

C'est la vie !!!

Comment

Its just more games for Gareth Bale to get injured in.

I'm sure you all share my concern.

Comment

It sucks, i usually dont watch any of the internationals to many unimportant games.
              Uefa nations leauge is killing the interest.

Comment

There's too much football. League should be 18 teams and League Cup duffed too.

The programme of domestic football should easily fit into a period from Late August to Late April with barely any need for a midweek programme of games. Obviously TV will create some floodlit games for those who feel we have to have some.

I reckon in the above model it'd be possible to have smaller international breaks - have a break from Wednesday to Tuesday kind of thing.

Didn't Liverpool play 63 games last season? Absolutely ridiculous and unsustainable - no wonder their squad look like zombies this season and are off the pace.

Comment

Have next to no interest in international games, just gets in the way of domestic football. Too much about the money these days.

Comment

Too many International breaks

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

The programme of domestic football should easily fit into a period from Late August to Late April with barely any need for a midweek programme of games. Obviously TV will create some floodlit games for those who feel we have to have some.

I reckon in the above model it'd be possible to have smaller international breaks - have a break from Wednesday to Tuesday kind of thing.

Didn't Liverpool play 63 games last season? Absolutely ridiculous and unsustainable - no wonder their squad look like zombies this season and are off the pace.
                      My brother played Wednesday , Saturday and Sunday and worked 5 and a half days a week. Come on 2 games a week then putting yr feet up is pips .

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

abs me old mate, two games a week, super fit athletes, 5 substitutes and a £1,000,000 in your back pocket every month. i'd play in bare feet on broken glass for that.
                        did'nt our great team in 75/76 play 50 odd games that season with about 14 players, one sub.

Comment

International games were always played midweek, sandwiched between two Saturdays games, like has been said, these fellas are supposed to be athletes, the best of everything, diet, training physios, most of the old boys got by with a good dollop of lineament, half a dozen pints, and twenty cigs!! Still managed to play for 7 or 8 months of the year, for peanuts compared to what they get nowadays

Comment

Anyone else watching England.
                            if they think they have got any chance of winning a world cup they are seriously deluded.
                            Fuc king dreadful.

Comment

Originally posted by eam1882 View Post
                              Anyone else watching England.
                              if they think they have got any chance of winning a world cup they are seriously deluded.
                              Fuc king dreadful.
                              Players arent interested in these meaningless games and only aim is to get through them uninjured.

I never watch them even on free TV

Comment

Working...
                              X