No announcement yet.

Apparently Blackburn want Dykes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks worse every time I watch it. How on earth did he not even get it between the posts?? If he hit it straight at ingram then you could argue its just bad luck and he needed to pick his spot. But looking at that finish it looked like the lad had no idea where to put the ball. It was like a mate you had at school who we all knew couldn't kick a ball to save his life and once in a while you would let him toe punt it over the line to allow him his big moment!!

Even he would have did a better job than dykes!! It's astonishing how a professional footballer could produce that tonight. I feel sorry for him because he played very well tonight. His hold up play was better than before, his link up play brought others into the game. He won plenty in the air and his tracking back to win the ball and help his teammates showed how much he gives to the cause. But that miss...........

Comment

Get rid , how many chances does he get . We ain't paying him to run round and his effort . We are paying him to score goals .

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
        Get rid , how many chances does he get . We ain't paying him to run round and his effort . We are paying him to score goals .
        Glad most fans not like yourself

He definitely put in an impressive shift in today and demonstrated by the great ovation he received when subbed and also support from proper fans after his miss.

Was a shame but once one goes in, he will improve. Admit was a shocking miss but get rid reaction - thank God you not in charge of our great team

Comment

Why are people saying, not if haven't replaced him. Anyone on this forum can replace him. Anyone of us could of scored the chances he has had. I mean seriously come on. If someone is offering to take him and pay us then he has to go. Surely there is a 12 year old kid walking around a park we can sign to replace him?

Comment

As I've said before I do think he might need to leave for his own sake as well.

Comment

He should have scored, but he is asked to contribute from a deeper position this season and did that part well. Lets hope he`s able to adjust his play asap, because we need goals from a striker if we intend to cement a place among the top six teams
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

When he gets his confidence boots on I think he will come good sooner or later. Like lots say he is a work horse who creates time and space for Chair and Willock.
                He knows that he is missing the chances but at least the TEAM is getting the chances in.
                Twice he was given a totally unexpected chances by Steff and Chair robbing the ball off players.
                Let him get his confidence back then maybe just maybe we could have a striker.
                That's if Blackburn don't rob us with a silly offer !!

Comment

For Chair and Willock to thrive you need someone like Dykes up front. Dykes with shooting boots would be way out of our price range.

Comment

A non-scoring battering ram could easily be replaced by a L1 / L2 with certain physical attributes. Even smaller players like Washington could do a similar job. At best i think he'll get 8-10 goals a season. A similar lower league player in contract would cost £2m so a sale would represent good value at £4m. Anything less than that and i cant really see tte point. But if we need cash to fund a loan striker that coukd hit 15 goals then £2m might do it.

Personally I dont see much in this Blackburn rumour.

Comment

I don't rate the lad and I struggle to see him as a bully or hard working as he's been described. For me, he just jogs around, with the occasional sprint back and I've never seen a striker as big as him win so little in the air. I base the above on the majority of his appearances, of course he has games when he's played well but not often enough.

Has he got it in him? Yes. The Reading game at home he was exactly what we need. Unplayable that game but it's once in a blue moon.

I'm desperate for him to score, his confidence is rock bottom and at the end of the day he's a QPR player and I'm behind him no matter what. I liked his reaction last night when he missed, he seemed angry and stepped it up a gear. Maybe he needs to get himself in that place before every game and we get to see more of the bully that he can be?

Comment

Originally posted by longtime_ranger View Post

Glad most fans not like yourself

He definitely put in an impressive shift in today and demonstrated by the great ovation he received when subbed and also support from proper fans after his miss.

Was a shame but once one goes in, he will improve. Admit was a shocking miss but get rid reaction - thank God you not in charge of our great team
                        Agree with most you wrote, however, one already went in, remember against Boro and he started waisting chances since! What I cannot understand is why Bonne is not giving the same treatment as Dykes. Could not be much worse could he? Pre-season he was very good. For MB to keep insisting with Dykes and ignore Bonne does not make sense to me.

Comment

Lyndon received a lot of backing from the fans last night after,for the 3rd game missed a sitter . We lost a point to Blackpool and 2 points to Rotherham over his sitter misses . Last night we were 3 up when he missed a chance the cat would have scored ,I wonder would people have reacted differently if that miss cost us more points last night .
                          no body doubting his work rate ,but he needs to score goals as well .

Comment

Blackburn signing Hirst from Leicester on loan which makes Dykes look less likely.

Comment

Maybe Dykes is unsettled by fact he could be moved on? This effing transfer window being open for first month of season brings pressures and worries as well as opportunities.

It's easy to think of Lyndon as a big brash confident Aussie. Maybe he's a quiet private family man who's very content and happy with life at QPR and the thought of that all getting turned on its head by moving to Blackburn or wherever has affected him?

This is just speculation on my part of course, but be interesting to see if he settles down if he's still here after tomoz. I hope he is, everything about his effort and application suggests he really wants to be here.

Comment

If Dykes didn't miss sitters then we be joint top but thanks to him we are not. We are worse off having him in our team than him being in the team. That is the only statement required in whether he is good for our team or not

Comment

Working...
                                X