On my way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On my way home

Tuesday night all over again, conservatively missed 4 gilt edged chances, should have won this game easily and Beale must be sick of his players lack of ability to bury the ball into the net, bar Amos and the unknown Richards and Salter Clarke this is our seasons squad, the fact Niko and Shadipo. are still knocking about after years of failure is scary.

1 point from 2 of our easier looking home games is just not good enough, somehow Beale has to beg, steal or borrow a striker, not a unknown
    premiership prospect but someone who knows where the net is, who I haven’t a clue but today showed without
    a finisher bottom 6 looms.

Decent games from a few today, with Chair having a fairly good game, big downer was our fullbacks crossing after getting in good positions.

Dunne had a poor game especially his distribution, overall a worrying week with 5 points carelessly tossed away.

Last edited by Romford Hoop; 20-08-2022, 06:07 PM.

Agree with all of the above.

Beyond Willock and Chair u never feel any other player is going to bury a goal when given a chance. Never.

It’s like players freeze when the moment hits.

When it comes to Dykes he can’t wait to get rid of the ball. Shodipo the same. The two wing backs have speed but lack crossing. Hoping a healthy Amos and Richards can shore up the midfield, but at present we are not clinical enough in our finish to deserve more than where we are.

Comment

Thing is, if this is our squad, then Mick might have to try playing different systems, whether he likes it or not.
      3 cbs.

Comment

We have got to play 2 up front.

Dykes get’s a lot of flack, some rightly justified, he should have buried that chance late in first half.

In his defence he can’t play against 3 large centre backs on his own.

And I hate Tennis, so do not go there.

Play Dykes and Armstrong from the start, 442.
        I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Have just watched the highlights on sky sports.
          How did we not win this ?
          Oh I know pi ss poor finishing.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
            We have got to play 2 up front.

Dykes get’s a lot of flack, some rightly justified, he should have buried that chance late in first half.

In his defence he can’t play against 3 large centre backs on his own.

And I hate Tennis, so do not go there.

Play Dykes and Armstrong from the start, 442.
            It's this.

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
              Tuesday night all over again, conservatively missed 4 gilt edged chances, should have won this game easily and Beale must be sick of his players lack of ability to bury the ball into the net, bar Amos and the unknown Richards and Salter Clarke this is our seasons squad, the fact Niko and Shadipo. are still knocking about after years of failure is scary.

1 point from 2 of our easier looking home games is just not good enough, somehow Beale has to beg, steal or borrow a striker, not a unknown
              premiership prospect but someone who knows where the net is, who I haven’t a clue but today showed without
              a finisher bottom 6 looms.

Decent games from a few today, with Chair having a fairly good game, big downer was our fullbacks crossing after getting in good positions.

Dunne had a poor game especially his distribution, overall a worrying week with 5 points carelessly tossed away.

I am equally upset at getting 1 point from 2 seemingly relatively easy matches but Blackpool drew at Burnley today and Rotherham won 4-0 last weekend, they were no mugs....we had our chances in both matches though so I do get it.

Comment

No easy games , both Blackpool and Rotherham were both well drilled defensively. A decent striker would have put them to bed as said , we did have good chances

Comment

"When we create 19 chances at home, when we had the quality of chances we had, it is very difficult to gain control and real confidence in a game when we are not taking those,"

"To be more clinical, we need to find those moments and be ruthless on them - some players have that by nature, some not so much. You need someone with a bit of composure in that moment to be clinical."

Lampard talking about Everton.....its catching!!

Comment

Been away for a week and just watched most of the games back and will stick by my post on another thread , that we desperately need a striker and i am still hoping we get Archer from Villa on loan.
                    I think we signed Dykes hoping we could develop him into a decent striker because he was a bit raw as he came from Australian rules football and had'nt had that much coaching.
                    However from the first moment i saw him he was rubbish and has'nt improved one bit since he's been here.
                    He is a battering ram that runs around a lot but his first touch is terrible , he can't hold the ball up , which is what we desperately need because our midfield is very slow in getting up to support our forward players. He has'nt got any positional sense and lacks composure when he gets a chance , just keep him as back up until we can permanently get rid of him.
                    I also said we needed another left back because Hamalainen is'nt good enough but after watching the last two games we desperately need one as Paal looks terrible , hopefully just needs time to settle into the English game but his crossing was either too short or too long.
                    I also said we needed a box to box midfielder with some energy because Field , Stef and Dozzel are very slow and don't get up and down the pitch enough , which is why they all tend to pass backwards and sideways a lot slowing our play down ,would still like to see us go for Irogebun , also from Villa.
                    I said we needed another right back and we signed Laird , who at least looks promising and has a bit of pace and power.
                    Roberts look quite lively as well , we badly miss Willock because when he gets the ball , he keeps possesion and holds the ball up allowing other players to push up the pitch , which is why we need another striker as Dykes does'nt do this.
                    If we can get these players in i believe we could challenge for the play offs , if we don't we could be battling to stay up.
                    I do think we look more organised as a team , especially defensively under Beale and think he will improve us long term , the board just need to back him.
                    Let Bonne or Dykes go either permanently or on loan , also Thomas , Hamalainen , Gubbins Battache etc.
                    At least Armstrong looks exciting and promising , you can see he is a bit raw nd a little clumsy but hopefully he will improve as the season goes on.

Comment

Working...
                    X