Not looking good for Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
    If there is stuff going on that the manager isn't happy with, players throwing a sickie, the board not backing him for players then it wouldn't surprise me if he walks. Let's see how true to their words les and Lee are!!
    He did seem totally pi ssed off in the interview.

Comment

If there is stuff going on that the manager isn't happy with, players throwing a sickie, the board not backing him for players then it wouldn't surprise me if he walks. Let's see how true to their words les and Lee are!!
      I genuinely hope it works out for Beale. But I thought it was the wrong decision not to renew Warbs. I thought he and the Board worked well together and he was a good as anyone to change player personnel in the summer window. There's a lot of experience we've let walk out the door.

But....here we are and I hope it works.

it was a refreshing interview after the match and what the fans wanted to hear. But he was outting the players to a degree and he needs to be carefully. I prefer the defend them publically and slaughter them behind the scenes approach.

I hope he doesn't lose the dressing room with Sheerwoodesque public outbursts and shaming.

Comment

Amos played the 90 mins on sat didn't he?? With no pre season and he left him out there for 90 mins when we had lads on the bench but didn't make a change. That's poor management imo. Amos was running on fumes by 60 mins. Willock was the same 10 mins into the second half. I said it on Sat that both should have been off but it took until the 74th min for Willock to be taken off.

Stick kakay at lb. Sign a right back or stick drewe in there. Tell nico to f.o. hes a waste of a spot and whoever gave him a 4 year deal should be named, shamed and then follow him out the door.
        He had to leave them out there cos we'd spewed away a THREE goal lead and were left hanging on in a game we ought to have just strangled to death and closed out. Poor choices and decision making by individual players let Boro back in the game. It would have been really poor if we ended up only drawing and frankly catastrophic if we had lost after being 3-0 up. Beale was caught between a rock and a hard place and chose to leave Willock and Amos on the pitch longer than he wanted to BUT given we got the 3pts I think he made the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

He had to leave them out there cos we'd spewed away a THREE goal lead and were left hanging on in a game we ought to have just strangled to death and closed out. Poor choices and decision making by individual players let Boro back in the game. It would have been really poor if we ended up only drawing and frankly catastrophic if we had lost after being 3-0 up. Beale was caught between a rock and a hard place and chose to leave Willock and Amos on the pitch longer than he wanted to BUT given we got the 3pts I think he made the right call.
          It wasn't anything to do with individual players. Our shape was all over the place for the first 20 mins of second half on sat. He either has to change the formation to frustrate the oppo or make a sub and get fresh legs on. Leaving 2 lads out there who have had no pre season was asking for trouble and now look where we are. We have 5 subs sat on their arses. Use them if we are at running the gaunlet of putting lads at risk after 2 games of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

I genuinely hope it works out for Beale. But I thought it was the wrong decision not to renew Warbs. I thought he and the Board worked well together and he was a good as anyone to change player personnel in the summer window. There's a lot of experience we've let walk out the door.

But....here we are and I hope it works.

it was a refreshing interview after the match and what the fans wanted to hear. But he was outting the players to a degree and he needs to be carefully. I prefer the defend them publically and slaughter them behind the scenes approach.

I hope he doesn't lose the dressing room with Sheerwoodesque public outbursts and shaming.
            Did you not read this article about Warburton and his relationships at the club? Whether it's true or not is another matter, but the way Les basically sacked Warbs in the Talksport interview suggests it is.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Played last Sat but been confirmed neither will be playing this Sat.....
              But both had valid reasons to not play.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Annnnddd it was Warburtons fault because um er um um ........oh yeah cause he signed willock and Amos, wtf useless

Comment

Just want to add, as much as I fully back Mick's words and appreciate his stance, unless we can get 3 or 4 players in this window he'll be gone by Christmas.
                  We all know what players are like these days and will down tools.
                  Whether the fans will notice is debatable

Comment

I am looking forward to Saturday , as long as Nico , steff and Thomas not on the team sheet .
                    come on this is Sunderland we have enough to give them a game

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
                      Kakay probably have to play lb and Albert Rb Saturday.

after watching the willock interview I love it at Qpr I wonder if that’s a I’m probably off quote? Heard it all too often

as for nico may as well rip his contract up never going to be a buyer for him, Thomas yeah runs a lot but him Owens who’s never fit and Amos who was going well last season between the three of them must a pick up 20k a week but are rarely seen chuck in duke McKenna and the lad who went to Oldham along with probably Bonne up top and maybe shodipo I’ll cut him some slack as at least he tried last night to make something happen shows magnitude Beale is up against

Id rather let masterson play cb and push Dickie into midfield than let stef wear a shirt and captains armband the way he’s playing like watching a two legged pony move about
                      Financial Fair Play \ cashflow probably reason we can't pay off Niko. We'd have to pay two years contract, taking hit this year. Next summer, with one year remaining, chance to negotiate.

Comment

So we have Roberts just coming back from injury and Clarke-Salter, Richards, Paal, Amos and Richards all out. We'd better hope they don't do anything too strenuous in training this week.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                          I am looking forward to Saturday , as long as Nico , steff and Thomas not on the team sheet .
                          come on this is Sunderland we have enough to give them a game
                          Er cast your mind back to peterborough that couldn’t beat an egg last season whipped us up 3 f kin times

I get the feeling we got some sick notes at will and aint got the willingness to stand up and be counted. I read warnock in Pre season put football boots on and walked over player too see who had toughness and who he wanted out through weakness did the job

Comment

Well said Abseits.

Comment

My starting 11 at Sunderland (442)

Dieng
                              Adomah Dickie Dunne Kakay

Shodipo Johansen Field Chair

Roberts Armstrong

Pretty awful,but at least 2 upfront with some skill, pace and movement

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
                                Beale just said that Willock, Amos and Paal will all be missing, and the 18 tonight will be the same Saturday, true or bluff who knows, he was well pissed off in interview.
                                He did look really pissed off but Nick's stupid questions didnt help

Comment

Working...
                                X