Chalton Match Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
    Ming in c We're going to be in a relegation battle so we don't need additional games unless we bring in some decent talent which doesn't look likely
    Are we? after 5 games & still not played a full strength side & poss more payers coming in, you talk absolutely ####ing crap,

Comment

So you don't believe it's going to be a real struggle for us? I hope we sign some half decent players so your nativity doesn't backfire and this is a reasonable debate to question where our current squad is at so no need to get silly
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

So when we had a bit of a cup run last year everyone was saying how good it was and bred confidence- the Everton game last year was one of the highlights

now we revert to type everyone seems happy we are out?!

a cup run is a cup run no matter who you have to play winning games instills confidence losing does not

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
          So when we had a bit of a cup run last year everyone was saying how good it was and bred confidence- the Everton game last year was one of the highlights

now we revert to type everyone seems happy we are out?!

a cup run is a cup run no matter who you have to play winning games instills confidence losing does not
          Agree in relation to the FA Cup.

The Leegue Cup is a waste of time snd effort from a financial perspective and like other clubs, we should only put out fringe and U23 players so they can get match time and gain experience. The rewards are not worth risking injury to our better players. This has been my view before we even kicked a ball in the competition this season.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
            So you don't believe it's going to be a real struggle for us? I hope we sign some half decent players so your nativity doesn't backfire and this is a reasonable debate to question where our current squad is at so no need to get silly
            Who’s being silly? Not me I question your stupid comment after 5 games! Won’t be in a relegation scrap but should hold our own in top half

Comment

Our season could go any which way. We have new full backs who need to settle in. Further up the pitch we have Roberts and Richards also looking to settle in. Sinclair needs time too. If they all settle in and do reasonably well we have the ability to cause any team in this division problems. Chair, Roberts, Willock good enough to play upper reaches of this division and are potential match winners. MB also still looking to bring in one or two more.

Flipside is we are tight on numbers so vulnerable when injuries and suspensions start to kick in. Whilst we have options in the centre of the park none seem to really work together making us ponderous and predictable too much of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Easy draw equals another game where we dont make any money. The prize money for each stage of this competition is terrible. If we were in R3 the prize money is £10k and bugger all ticket money to share from a game agajnst Stevenage! With out thin squad Im glad we're out of the damn thing.
                I can't believe fans like you and Jeff not caring about being out of the cup , that probably explains why we are so #### in cup competitions , why would the club and players care if the fans don't.
                In my opinion we should play our strongest available side in all games and try to win , if we do that and lose fair enough but to put out weakened sides ,3 games into a 46 match league campaign is absolutely pathetic. A player can get injured at anytime in any game so what is the point in resting them in certain games. Also winning games breeds confidence in players and i'm sure if we would have played our strongest side against Charlton , Walsall then Stevenage we could have progressed to the last 16 then who knows and could have earn't some much needed money on the way.
                Like i said in another post on this thread , we might as well not bother entering cup competitions anymore to save ourselves the embarrassment , of being knocked out by lower league teams.

Comment

Some of our best nights were in the league cup, such a shame it is all gone.

I am to young for the 67 win at Wembley, but the 70’s under lights at Loftus rd are unforgettable.

Stanley’s last minute free kick against Coventry, beating Arsenal at home twice with Alan Ball missing a penalty in the first game, and beating the scum at Stamford Bridge are highlights
                  I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by Harrow QPR View Post

I can't believe fans like you and Jeff not caring about being out of the cup , that probably explains why we are so #### in cup competitions , why would the club and players care if the fans don't.
                    In my opinion we should play our strongest available side in all games and try to win , if we do that and lose fair enough but to put out weakened sides ,3 games into a 46 match league campaign is absolutely pathetic. A player can get injured at anytime in any game so what is the point in resting them in certain games. Also winning games breeds confidence in players and i'm sure if we would have played our strongest side against Charlton , Walsall then Stevenage we could have progressed to the last 16 then who knows and could have earn't some much needed money on the way.
                    Like i said in another post on this thread , we might as well not bother entering cup competitions anymore to save ourselves the embarrassment , of being knocked out by lower league teams.
                    We have to enter the cup competitions because its a condition of FA membership. The League Cup allows clubs to enter weakened teams which i think is not allowed in the FA Cup. The League Cup is marketed as a development competition and thats why the Premiership teams field U23s. I'd be happy to see us in R3 if it was our U23s and fringe players who got us there - thats what the competition allows and is designed for. The U23s should be cutting their teeth in this comp. But we play close to first eleven which is wrong - use the squad.

Nothing wrong with your stance, but i wouldnt want our top string out there. Give the others game time to prove they're cabable of playing in the first team. Its a development competition by design. The FA Cup is different and we should go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Harrow QPR View Post

Hang on Harrow I didn’t say not caring, the topic was brought up about Charlton draw in the cup, all I said as not interested now as we are out, of course I love to win every game, you need to get your facts right mate

Comment

Why do people think there are 16 Championship teams out and the only reason some of the others got through is because they played other teams in Championship. In other words no club is in the slightest bit bothered about this cup or playing a Prem teams Reserves in the next round. The total prize money is £200k split between the last four teams (£25k x2, £50k and £100k). Because of poor gates most clubs lose money on games. This counts toward FFP.

Comment

[QUOTE=SheepRanger;n2580670]

We have to enter the cup competitions because its a condition of FA membership. The League Cup allows clubs to enter weakened teams which i think is not allowed in the FA Cup. The League Cup is marketed as a development competition and thats why the Premiership teams field U23s. I'd be happy to see us in R3 if it was our U23s and fringe players who got us there - thats what the competition allows and is designed for. The U23s should be cutting their teeth in this comp. But we play close to first eleven which is wrong - use the squad.

Nothing wrong with your stance, but i wouldnt want our top string out there. Give the others game time to prove they're cabable of playing in the first team. Its a development competition by design. The FA Cup is different and we should go for it.[/QUOT

Sorry Sheep it is not a developement competition , it was teams like Arsenal that started putting out sides with half a dozen youngsters in because they thought the Champions league , Premier league and fa cup etc were more important and then most of the bigger teams started to follow suit .
                          The fact that teams near the middle or bottom of the championship have started putting out weakened teams is pathetic , it just does'nt give their fans any excitement during a season and to do it after 2 league games is a joke.
                          If all the big clubs keep degrading the cups , there won't be anything left to play for and they would eventually get their way of a super league and closed shop Premier league.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post

Hang on Harrow I didn’t say not caring, the topic was brought up about Charlton draw in the cup, all I said as not interested now as we are out, of course I love to win every game, you need to get your facts right mate
                            OK Jeff , my apologies for reading it wrong

Comment

[QUOTE=Harrow QPR;n2580685]
                              Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Nothing wrong with your stance, but i wouldnt want our top string out there. Give the others game time to prove they're cabable of playing in the first team. Its a development competition by design. The FA Cup is different and we should go for it.[/QUOT

Sorry Sheep it is not a developement competition , it was teams like Arsenal that started putting out sides with half a dozen youngsters in because they thought the Champions league , Premier league and fa cup etc were more important and then most of the bigger teams started to follow suit .
                              The fact that teams near the middle or bottom of the championship have started putting out weakened teams is pathetic , it just does'nt give their fans any excitement during a season and to do it after 2 league games is a joke.
                              If all the big clubs keep degrading the cups , there won't be anything left to play for and they would eventually get their way of a super league and closed shop Premier league.
                              Sorry, but you are wrong because there are different requirements on which players can be used in the FA Cup compared to the EFL Trophy (League Cup)

RULES OF THE FA CHALLENGE CUP
                              Rule 15 - Provisions Concerning Playets (a) Each team participating in a match shall represent the full available strength of each club

EFL TROPHY RULES
                              "Full available strength" is defined by at least four "qualifying players" must be in the outfield ten. There is five sets of criteria. It starts off with those who played in thr last first team game, the one after the cup game, the top ten appearances in the squad, have made 40 first team appearances or on loan from a premiership team. There are no requirements on the other six outfield players, so by default they are the fringe or U23 players.

The League Cup is weaker of the two cups due to its lower requirements on which players are eligible to play. It is therefore used as a development competition and the Premiership top six who tend to win it only play their full strength teams from the semi final.

Comment

Sheep i think you are getting mixed up , the EFL Trophy is league 1 and 2 clubs plus Prem under 21 teams.
                                I think the league (carabao) cup is the same as the fa cup you are supposed to play full available strength
                                Its all irrelevant anyway because most clubs don't play full strength sides bar probably Man city and Chelsea which is why they nearly always get in the final.

Comment

Working...
                                X