No announcement yet.

Chalton Match Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had no interest in the tie whatsoever. Having seen dozens of spineless capitulations from mid-80s onwards I just gave up caring about cups. However, after seeing the packed out away end at Valley I'm absolutely fuming that the team couldn't do it for the fans who still do care.

Several players need to pull their finger out and starting "running through brick walls" for the cause instead of swanning around creating sweet Fanny Adams end-product all match. Jesus wept, a London Derby cup tie should be a high-octane frantic affair, not a bunch of cheeky barstewards strolling about without even getting a sweat on.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo

Calm down WeAre. Where have I excused anything? It's disappointing but it's football. Nobody should expect to go through.

That was a pretty shite game but it was competitive and we were within a couple of minutes of winning it in full time. And one poor penalty ultimately cost us.

A quick flippant remark and I move on. I don't see any point in dwelling on it or slating anyone for it either. Just my way of dealing with it.
      I think a team from a league above their opposition should expect to win. We have supposedly better players who are playing in a higher league and are better paid so they should expect to win. That's a winners mentality. We don't have it unfortunately.

This manager has a huge job on his hands and he will be realising very soon that the squad he inherited isn't as good as he have first thought. Lads in training may have looked the part but as soon as they play in pressure situations in a real game that matters they show their real worth.

People like niko, Thomas, kakay (as much a I like his attitude and commitment) gubbins and most of our under 23s aren't good enough to play league 2 let alone championship. No other clubs will take them on a permanent contract, only loans. Then they see how poor they are and that's what we are stuck with them.

After our first 11 we have some awful squad players. Apart from Armstrong not one other youngster looks capable of playing in our first team and staying there.

Comment

God that Nico is awful, his slide tackle near the corner flag summed him up , Johansen shouldn't be anywhere near the 1st team. Dozzell is just poor .

Comment

It gets worse. Beale just confirmed that Amos, willock and paal are all injured and won't travel on Sat. So we will have to trot out niko, Thomas etc all again and expect a different performance. That ain't going to happen. Can't believe at a professional football club that we don't have anyone else apart from niko to play left back. Absolute joke.

Comment

We must have some shockingly bad youngsters if they can't get even train with our first team squad. Our 2 full backs on Sat are prob (ability wise) the worst in this league.

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post

I think a team from a league above their opposition should expect to win. We have supposedly better players who are playing in a higher league and are better paid so they should expect to win. That's a winners mentality. We don't have it unfortunately.

This manager has a huge job on his hands and he will be realising very soon that the squad he inherited isn't as good as he have first thought. Lads in training may have looked the part but as soon as they play in pressure situations in a real game that matters they show their real worth.

People like niko, Thomas, kakay (as much a I like his attitude and commitment) gubbins and most of our under 23s aren't good enough to play league 2 let alone championship. No other clubs will take them on a permanent contract, only loans. Then they see how poor they are and that's what we are stuck with them.

After our first 11 we have some awful squad players. Apart from Armstrong not one other youngster looks capable of playing in our first team and staying there.
              But MB is the brains behind Gerrard's success and is a master t.u.r.d polisher.

He's been brought in to make these players better so he needs to earn his money and do exactly that. If he has written off these players and wants better ones then he holds the same view as Warbs who wasn't renewed for that opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

But MB is the brains behind Gerrard's success and is a master t.u.r.d polisher.

He's been brought in to make these players better so he needs to earn his money and do exactly that. If he has written off these players and wants better ones then he holds the same view as Warbs who wasn't renewed for that opinion.
                What you have to realise is that these players are as shiny as they will get.
                A good attitude, for the battle would help, if they at least had the commitment to the cause as Jimmy they might be worth keeping.

Maybe Warburton was right afterall, I agreed with him.
                The board have got to find a way to help Mick we need to bring in some players and move the dead wood on

Comment

I can't fully remember the timeline but my memory of Stef is as follows:

Fulham were in Prem and he wasn't playing much, not good enough for their 1st XI that had been bolstered by a lot of quality loan players.

He therefore joined us on loan in the January and was a fantastic acquisition who helped transform us over the run-in.

Fulham got relegated and released all their loan players. You'd expect Stef to rejoin FFC and lead their charge to get re-promoted. However, rather surprisingly they didn't want him and let him go.

​​​​​​We signed him on a permanent deal and he has been shockingly poor and ineffective from the get go.

I can only assume that getting dumped by Fulham has rocked his confidence and drained his motivation. He probably spends all week wistfully thinking about Fulham and/or Norway and is literally just going through the motions and picking up his wages here.

Baffling why the idiot Warburton didn't strive to sort this out last season but it's just another component of the Warburton mess that Beale is having to sort out right now.

Comment

It is actually embarrassing our record in the cups , if the club , manager , players can't be bothered about how we do in the cups , just opt out every season rather than put in pitiful performances against lower league opposition.
                    When i was a youngun growing up i was always more excited about the cups than the league and i think a lot of fans were the same , nowadays it seems even the fans don't seem bothered about the cups.
                    It astonishes me that some of our fans were posting about saving players for Sunderland on saturday , jesus christ we are 2 games into a season and you are talking about resting players.
                    You should always play your strongest side get some winning momentum and try and earn some money from getting to later rounds and the chance of a glamour tie against one of the big teams.
                    I think it's the same at most teams now , just look at how many championship sides went out to lower opposition , playing weakened sides .
                    I personally think the cup competitions have been degraded so much now that it is time to cancel them altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by Harrow QPR View Post
                      It is actually embarrassing our record in the cups , if the club , manager , players can't be bothered about how we do in the cups , just opt out every season rather than put in pitiful performances against lower league opposition.
                      When i was a youngun growing up i was always more excited about the cups than the league and i think a lot of fans were the same , nowadays it seems even the fans don't seem bothered about the cups.
                      It astonishes me that some of our fans were posting about saving players for Sunderland on saturday , jesus christ we are 2 games into a season and you are talking about resting players.
                      You should always play your strongest side get some winning momentum and try and earn some money from getting to later rounds and the chance of a glamour tie against one of the big teams.
                      I think it's the same at most teams now , just look at how many championship sides went out to lower opposition , playing weakened sides .
                      I personally think the cup competitions have been degraded so much now that it is time to cancel them altogether.
                      Same as , play your best team every game .
                      . Winning mentality in football is everything . I've played a season when we didn't lose a league game and even when u go behind u believe u can get back in the game because you've done it before . Look how the heads dropped second half of last season as soon as we went a goal down

Comment

Another easy draw for Charlton - we missed out on a cup run this year

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                          That’s history & we lost, get over it, no interest at all

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                            Easy draw equals another game where we dont make any money. The prize money for each stage of this competition is terrible. If we were in R3 the prize money is £10k and bugger all ticket money to share from a game agajnst Stevenage! With out thin squad Im glad we're out of the damn thing.

Comment

We're going to be in a relegation battle so we don't need additional games unless we bring in some decent talent which doesn't look likely
                              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Would have been nice going to Walsall and Stevenage never been to their grounds .

Comment

Working...
                                X