Mike Ashley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Ashley

If we was in as much trouble as Derby are would you be happy if Mike Ashley was trying to buy us. Seems like the administrator doesn't want to let him buy them. Personally if he saved us from not existing anymore id be happy with him thoughts?

Originally posted by Herts hoops View Post
    If we was in as much trouble as Derby are would you be happy if Mike Ashley was trying to buy us. Seems like the administrator doesn't want to let him buy them. Personally if he saved us from not existing anymore id be happy with him thoughts?
    Blokes a parasite workers treated like something he’s trodden on at sports direct picks up companies that have no future. He’s made money from others suffering, bee the Geordies not going bust what did he do ?

If he wants Derby hopefully the fa can see through him they’ve had long enough equally the fa never showed the same respect to Bury wind them up and boot them out the leagues

Comment

He buys distressed companies that would go out of existence and all people would lose their jobs if it wasnt for him. Hes in it to make money and for that to happen he has to make a company succesful.

He if rescued us for pennies because nobody else would touch us with a shitty stick then I'd welcome him to the club. Like he did at Newcastle, he'd invest money that the club could sustain and wouldnt bankroll it to the point of gambling with its future - like Derby's previous owner. He wouldnt be in the mix if it wasnt for the incompetence of people that went before him. He's a risk taker who puts his money where others wont.

If he takes over Derby he'll get them to the premiership and sell to some mult-billionaire and take his profit. Job done for him and the supporters.

Comment

Interesting that people's perceptions of him always seem to be polar opposites. As demonstrated above.
        For me I tend to take a similar view to Sheep, though there always seems to be something deeply unlikeable about him.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkranger View Post
          Interesting that people's perceptions of him always seem to be polar opposites. As demonstrated above.
          For me I tend to take a similar view to Sheep, though there always seems to be something deeply unlikeable about him.
          I probably have a gripe as son was at sports direct and they are treated as commodity

my gripe with Derby is they flaunted rules for way too long and should of been sorted by now or closed and thrown from efl, I know fans lose out however Bury we’re not given same deals. personally I do think if we were to go up we could be sold and TF recoup investment if in prem so no beef with Ashley in that regard it’s business simple as that profit invest but ultimately a return on investment and Derby will bounce back

Comment

The way I see it is he's very successful in business what ever he's in he makes it work. The reason why the geordies wanted him gone was because he didn't spend hundreds of millions on buying the Premier league.oh and he's a cockney. If he'd spent a shed load and won the league he'd be a hero. A bit like us when flavio and bernie arrived at hq all the big name players and talk of new stadium and training ground. Fans are very fickle we all want our club's to be successful but at what cost.

Comment

Who gives a #### about Ashley or Derby

Comment

Hes good and what he does but behind the pint drinking he'll be a #### to work for. But there again so was Flavo too....and Karen Brady and Sullivan/Gold.

Comment

Cracks me up when people suggest he was awful for Newcastle….the reality is he ran the club 8n a sustainable and sensible way and maintained premier league status. The vast majority of geordies aren’t the sharpest and think they’re a massive club who should’ve been competing for trophies and therefore wanted him to splash stupid money in the transfer market to pretend they could compete….he wasn’t prepared to do that so they didn’t like him.

Im sure if he spent and wasted fortunes like Everton, perhaps risking the clubs future were to have been relegated at anytime had it failed badly, they’d have moaned he didn’t run the club properly.

Given what Derby’s recent owners have been doing, and the resulting outcome…relegation and not owning the stadium anymore, an initial fiddle by the owner to try and manipulate revenues to cheat FFP, I’m sure they wished they had someone like Ashley a few years ago. Going forward, he could be perfect for them.

Comment

He's a glorified barrow boy with more money than sense, he seems to have a knack of making money, but on the backs of others, agree there is something inherently unlikable about the man, got no time for him, and hope he never gets a foothold back into the game'

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post
                      Who gives a #### about Ashley or Derby
                      I might start a thread, titled

Jeff's who gives a ###

1st in Sterling to Chelsea
                      2nd in Ashley
                      3rd in Derby.......

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

I might start a thread, titled

Jeff's who gives a ###

1st in Sterling to Chelsea
                        2nd in Ashley
                        3rd in Derby.......
                        You got a problem with that Dave?

Comment

Let's all join together in Not Giving A #### about Gary Lineker.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post

You got a problem with that Dave?
                            Don't give a #### Jeffery xx

Comment

Now Roonee has done a runner

Comment

Working...
                              X