Class and Character

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class and Character

Just saw MW’s last QPR post-game interview. Such class and character, and a true appreciation for both the Club and the game of football.

Like many, I felt we needed to move forward with a new manager at the helm to take us to the promised land.

But let us all remember the way he carried himself, and represented the Club.

Best of luck. MW!

Totally agree and over three years has been exactly what we need and we are in a much better place partly as a result of having him at the helm. Yes the wheels came off badly in the last few months but lets face it they do for most managers these days and three years isn't bad at all. Will be a good appointment for another Championship side if the opportunity arises.

Comment

With a proper budget that allows us to build a squad of players with quality, the right age without legacy injuries Warbs is as good as anyone to get us promoted.

With the same budget a change is merely rolling the dice and hoping for a different outcome - a gamble.

I would have sold the players with decent value and given Warbs another season to see how he would move the squad forward with some money.

Stupid decision to let an experienced championship manager leave the club with rumours he'll be replaced by a L1/L2 rookie.

Comment

Mark has always spoke honestly and intelligently, which is the mark of a good man, yes we probably are in better shape than before he arrived, but it is so much a case of what might have been, if only that downward spiral could have been nipped in the bud after 3 or 4 games , but it wasn't to be.
        I wish him well in whatever he does next

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
          Just saw MW’s last QPR post-game interview. Such class and character, and a true appreciation for both the Club and the game of football.

Like many, I felt we needed to move forward with a new manager at the helm to take us to the promised land.

But let us all remember the way he carried himself, and represented the Club.

Best of luck. MW!
          Agree with that. Yes, I thought he had taken us as far as he could and his team selections subs and stubbornness baffled and frustrated fans, but he does have class and I wish him well for the future.

farewell and thanks for improving our club and often some good football to watch too.

Comment

Not worth anywhere near the 600k he was apparently earning.
            A manager that doesn't listen to a much wiser and more knowledgeable director of football in Sir Les who was trying to get him to add some much needed firepower is extremely naive of the man.
            I think he realizes he will have to drop down a division but I do think he cared and for that reason I think its best we wish him well and be thankful he's moving on.
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Always liked him, and if he'd just bloody change afew things about the ways he sets teams up and how they play, he'd be in the job still and we'd be looking at playoffs or auto spots right now.

It's a shame as he's a good bloke, who has either gotten lost, had a team that over achieved, or reached his max potential or has been the victim of some back room tactics. I think and hope it's a mix of the first 2.

Comment

The door could be open for a return if things don't work out.

Comment

A very articulate and educated man. He can go down pub with Hodgson and they can compare their diabolical records over past 15ish games. Woy speaks 5 languages y'know, he's a top bloke too.

Comment

Yeah this isn't a likeability contest. I think his pandering attitude is one of the main factors that bad results kept rolling in he just became predictable on and off the pitch. If any other rangers past manager had this run of results they would of got crucified
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Don't fancy the chances of the new manager if this thread is anything to go by,, I gave MW pelters along with everyone else, but I always thought, he was a decent enough bloke.
                      so what sort of face of the club are we looking for?
                      A cross between Hannibal Lecter and Bill Shankley?

Comment

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post
                        Don't fancy the chances of the new manager if this thread is anything to go by,, I gave MW pelters along with everyone else, but I always thought, he was a decent enough bloke.
                        so what sort of face of the club are we looking for?
                        A cross between Hannibal Lecter and Bill Shankley?
                        Completely agree mate.

Someone can be crap at their job but be liked. Someone can be good at their job, be liked, and then get worse at their job, and still be liked.

Thought that was he point of the OP. It was time time for Warbs to go, doesn't mean he's an #######.

Comment

Working...
                        X