Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ainsworth

Is just a rocker havin a laugh.
    I keep expecting him to pull an electric guitar from the dugout and banging out Johnny B good

He's certainly different, which is refreshing in a way

Comment

Anyone know why we went for Dykes and let Vokes drop down into league one?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
          That's just AC/DC front man at gig init,

Comment

I know he's big fav for the Blackburn job and it is around his neck of the woods however I think we should start showing our interest in Gareth. He's done enough at Wycombe to prove that he is a very good manager. He would be my choice because I think farke will probably wait for a bigger job. He talks like a complete weirdo but he could definitely sort us out.
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

He is great but no.

I like it when club legends stay legends, and not get dragged through the mud.

I love Ollie, like really, he's one of the nicest and funniest chaps in football, and what he does for his family is heart warming. Hearing the abuse he got from some made my blood boil. Even if he wasn't doing the best job, it's sad to hear. So no, lets just not.

Comment

There is literally no pressure or expectation at Wycombe. It is impossible not to like Ainsworth but I don't believe his umpteen years in a sleepy role at Adams Park is much of an audition for a role at a Championship club with aspirations to advance and progress.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                  There is literally no pressure or expectation at Wycombe. It is impossible not to like Ainsworth but I don't believe his umpteen years in a sleepy role at Adams Park is much of an audition for a role at a Championship club with aspirations to advance and progress.
                  Got a point there

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                    I would guess there's a huge expectation at Wycombe to get get them back into the championship after their place was robbed by Derby/FA. They were so wronged they initiated legal proceedings against Derby.

Comment

Give him a go ... We've nothing to loose . If it's wrong then give someone else a go after gareth

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

I would guess there's a huge expectation at Wycombe to get get them back into the championship after their place was robbed by Derby/FA. They were so wronged they initiated legal proceedings against Derby.
                        Yeah but they love him, and what he has brought to that club has changed them beyond recognition.
                        Board are happy with him, he can get relegated, miss out in the playoffs, he has a job for life.
                        Wycombe are always the underdog and he keeps them biting bigger dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                          Give him a go ... We've nothing to loose . If it's wrong then give someone else a go after gareth
                          Will he fit the QPR style though 72?
                          Theres no doubt we have the pass it out from the back and through the midfield.
                          It's what Les wants every team in the club to play.
                          Gareth's teams don't play like that.
                          Manning's do though having watched that the other night.
                          The thing that would worry me though was how quickly and easily Wycombe nullified mk.
                          It was like watching QPR

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Will he fit the QPR style though 72?
                            Theres no doubt we have the pass it out from the back and through the midfield.
                            It's what Les wants every team in the club to play.
                            Gareth's teams don't play like that.
                            Manning's do though having watched that the other night.
                            The thing that would worry me though was how quickly and easily Wycombe nullified mk.
                            It was like watching QPR
                            I've not seen Wycombe play , if he came to us he'd have better players to work with so could change style . One of our many problems with warbs was we played " walking football" in our own half . Anyone could see this just gave the oppo time to get back into their shape and teams that pressed us found success .

Comment

Agree about the walking football.
                              I found it so boring at times.
                              Gareth is a manager in the mould he played.
                              Maverick and makes snap decisions to get the best results.
                              Like a good manager should.
                              It strikes me the board want a coach and robotic football , unless that was just Warbs

Comment

Working...
                              X