Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

########, he's a race baiting, woke virtue signaling p....Rick
    He would hire the Chelsea woman just to look good.
    Him and Neville are the same........pair of c***s
    Harsh.

Sir Les stepped back from the BLM stuff and referred to it as gesturing and actions speak louder. There's nothing that I've seen to suggest his bias is anything more than getting the best people that he can. He doesnt seem interested in this woke stuff to me so not sure where you're getting this stance from?

Perhaps time to distance ourselves from the media outputs until things become facts.

Comment

Ok I have had a moan about the best striker this club has had in my lifetime, about his role as dof.
      But I believe his installment in the role has on the whole been positive.
      Our club was in the vortex of disappearing down a very big plug hole.
      Les has brought in good coaches including MW and hoovered up very good talent jettisoned by other clubs.
      He is working on a very tight budget, but has helped keep us in the division and improved us season on season.
      Everywhere I'm looking, other sites, twitter etc, Les is getting a coating.
      There have been mistakes and I have as I say pointed alot of them out, but having thought about it, I'd rather have the fella with us.
      He didn't have to come to us, but he is one of our own, and he has turned us around.
      Let's give Sir Les a bit of backing and be thankful we're not lge 2 right now in Oldham Athletic's position.
      He's sorted out a new training ground, brought pride and to his own detriment raised expectations.
      Thanks Les keep going you're getting there.
      We are closer to the most successful QPR of the 80s right now than we have been since then.
      So this was your original post Dave, you seem to be saying despite everything you are sort of happy with Les,
      10 posts or so later, you are crucifying him, at least be consistent mate

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo
        Dave does say he's changed his mind. Difficult to be consistent if you've changed your mind.

I'd be interested to know why though.
        Bizarre thought process !!

Comment

########, he's a race baiting, woke virtue signaling p....Rick
          He would hire the Chelsea woman just to look good.
          Him and Neville are the same........pair of c***s
          Dave I'm suggesting that you have a long wkend and go to a sunny coastal resort. Work is definitely effecting your judgement because you don't just take a complete u turn over the best striker we've ever had making sensible decisions for our club like that. You just need to take some time out because this isn't your true views.
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Les was my Hero growing up,
            I was inspired and in awe of how he worked hard to transform himself from the player he was when we first signed him....a gangly and clumsy player who was more incline to trip over his feet than bang in a worldly.
            His hard work and bravery to go to Turkey saw him come back and absolute beast that terrorised defences and saw him become probably the greatest centre forward this club has ever had....

But the hero worship needs to stop there... because what he is doing behind the scenes is hindering our progression, not facilitating it.

My opinions aren't from any perspective of ITK or a mate of a mate's cousin's next door neighbour, just listening and reading a lot of podcast, and articles by ex players and managers since Les took up his current role.

The club has had a period of stabilisation, and part of that is down to Ferdinand, part down to Hoos and part down to the individual managers that have had the role at various times, and had to cut their cloth accordingly.

But in terms of a the club's progress, philosophy and playing style.. Les is totally contemptible, and he's never been held accountable nor those he has around him.

Les has made a string of wrong hirings.
            Chris Ramsey (Never ready or good enough to be a No1)
            JFH (way out of his depth, hired off the back of 1 good season with an inherited side)
            Steve McClaren (According to players that played under him -good coach, poor manger)
            Ian Holloway (Club legend, but a cheerleader and never known for his beautiful footballing sides)

With the exception of Holloway none of these got close to fulfilling their roll.... none of them turned us into and great attacking, free flowing football side, none really brought on the youth and only Holloway massively helped trim a squad of deadwood and Championed Eze and Bright.

Les is massively involved in hiring and firing these managers, and he's not got a good track record... but still he's not accountable.

Even after hiring and firing Ramsey he's allowed to reinstate him as head of development and coaching.

Reading between the lines of what Nedem Onuoha, says on this week's 'Open all R's' podcast he's the worst and most inept coach he's ever come across...
            (it's also interesting hearing how he feels about Les and how he undermines managers and doesn't really have the backing of players).

And on Ramsey performance... all our youth and reserve sides (for what he's in charge of all the coaches) don't seem to be doing that well (from what I can remember I've seen a lot of them getting heavily spanked a lot of the time.)

We then get Warburton as a manger... over three years... we develop a playing style... and we play nice open attacking football. We continue to reduce running costs (now down to the 16th highest budget in the championship), and he helps identify and develop young players... also as per the brief, we pushed for the play offs..... all of which he achieved.

And apart from a horrendous run of injuries (down to a 6th keeper, plus player of the season Willock injured, and losing 2 of our best player to AFCON) We we're still in with a chance with a couple of games to go - Finally progress, a playing style and promise with a manger who's answering the brief....But Les moved the goalpost and WE FIRE THE MANAGER.

It's said that Warburton was sacked because he's not bringing the Youth through... which is our philosophy now.

Well if they're getting spanked every week and they aren't good enough, you can't bring them through and expect them to suddenly be better and help you push for the play offs.

The problem is with the quality of the Youth set up and that's on Ramsey... not on Warburton.

Warburton proved... when they're good enough, he can coach them and bring them on.

But, you can't change what's already been done, but you can avoid making the same mistakes again (and again and again)

So, Warburton has gone and Les with his smallest address book in the world is touching the same names again.

Sol Campbell & Tim Sherwood are both in the frame despite not achieving anything that resembles progress, philosophy or a playing style in any of their last roles.

Even Manning feels the same as JFH were he's had a good season with someones's team.

As I say all of what this post is based on is a lot of articles and podcasts over a long period of time... but you'd get a clear confirmation of it, just by listening to the last 2 episodes of 'Open all R's' with Ned, Charlie Austin and Mark Warburton respectively.

I just really hope that if this appointment doesn't work out and we're looking for a new manager and a new philosophy in 9 months, we actually try and get to the bottom of what is the real problem at our club.

Les shouldn't be the gangly clumsy player equivalent of a Director of football, he's been in the roll 7 years now, and he should be the beast that is transforming our club into one that is the best version of it we've ever seen.... but unfortunately he hasn't developing as a Director of Football like he did as a player.... and it feels like he's still tripping over his own feet... and it surely time we need to stop firing mangers and blaming them and have a look at Les

Comment

Originally posted by LOUANDBO View Post
              Les was my Hero growing up,
              I was inspired and in awe of how he worked hard to transform himself from the player he was when we first signed him....a gangly and clumsy player who was more incline to trip over his feet than bang in a worldly.
              His hard work and bravery to go to Turkey saw him come back and absolute beast that terrorised defences and saw him become probably the greatest centre forward this club has ever had....

But the hero worship needs to stop there... because what he is doing behind the scenes is hindering our progression, not facilitating it.

My opinions aren't from any perspective of ITK or a mate of a mate's cousin's next door neighbour, just listening and reading a lot of podcast, and articles by ex players and managers since Les took up his current role.

The club has had a period of stabilisation, and part of that is down to Ferdinand, part down to Hoos and part down to the individual managers that have had the role at various times, and had to cut their cloth accordingly.

But in terms of a the club's progress, philosophy and playing style.. Les is totally contemptible, and he's never been held accountable nor those he has around him.

Les has made a string of wrong hirings.
              Chris Ramsey (Never ready or good enough to be a No1)
              JFH (way out of his depth, hired off the back of 1 good season with an inherited side)
              Steve McClaren (According to players that played under him -good coach, poor manger)
              Ian Holloway (Club legend, but a cheerleader and never known for his beautiful footballing sides)

With the exception of Holloway none of these got close to fulfilling their roll.... none of them turned us into and great attacking, free flowing football side, none really brought on the youth and only Holloway massively helped trim a squad of deadwood and Championed Eze and Bright.

Les is massively involved in hiring and firing these managers, and he's not got a good track record... but still he's not accountable.

Even after hiring and firing Ramsey he's allowed to reinstate him as head of development and coaching.

Reading between the lines of what Nedem Onuoha, says on this week's 'Open all R's' podcast he's the worst and most inept coach he's ever come across...
              (it's also interesting hearing how he feels about Les and how he undermines managers and doesn't really have the backing of players).

And on Ramsey performance... all our youth and reserve sides (for what he's in charge of all the coaches) don't seem to be doing that well (from what I can remember I've seen a lot of them getting heavily spanked a lot of the time.)

We then get Warburton as a manger... over three years... we develop a playing style... and we play nice open attacking football. We continue to reduce running costs (now down to the 16th highest budget in the championship), and he helps identify and develop young players... also as per the brief, we pushed for the play offs..... all of which he achieved.

And apart from a horrendous run of injuries (down to a 6th keeper, plus player of the season Willock injured, and losing 2 of our best player to AFCON) We we're still in with a chance with a couple of games to go - Finally progress, a playing style and promise with a manger who's answering the brief....But Les moved the goalpost and WE FIRE THE MANAGER.

It's said that Warburton was sacked because he's not bringing the Youth through... which is our philosophy now.

Well if they're getting spanked every week and they aren't good enough, you can't bring them through and expect them to suddenly be better and help you push for the play offs.

The problem is with the quality of the Youth set up and that's on Ramsey... not on Warburton.

Warburton proved... when they're good enough, he can coach them and bring them on.

But, you can't change what's already been done, but you can avoid making the same mistakes again (and again and again)

So, Warburton has gone and Les with his smallest address book in the world is touching the same names again.

Sol Campbell & Tim Sherwood are both in the frame despite not achieving anything that resembles progress, philosophy or a playing style in any of their last roles.

Even Manning feels the same as JFH were he's had a good season with someones's team.

As I say all of what this post is based on is a lot of articles and podcasts over a long period of time... but you'd get a clear confirmation of it, just by listening to the last 2 episodes of 'Open all R's' with Ned, Charlie Austin and Mark Warburton respectively.

I just really hope that if this appointment doesn't work out and we're looking for a new manager and a new philosophy in 9 months, we actually try and get to the bottom of what is the real problem at our club.

Les shouldn't be the gangly clumsy player equivalent of a Director of football, he's been in the roll 7 years now, and he should be the beast that is transforming our club into one that is the best version of it we've ever seen.... but unfortunately he hasn't developing as a Director of Football like he did as a player.... and it feels like he's still tripping over his own feet... and it surely time we need to stop firing mangers and blaming them and have a look at Les

Bang on and Les was my hero as a player, but this episode with Warburton is it for me.
              He hadn't even lined up another manager, just had a personal vendetta against mw.
              Our youth teams are hopeless, and then he gives big contracts to two players who would struggle to get in Torquays team.

Comment

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post

Bizarre thought process !!
                Open your eyes look at the mess, see his interviews, the last one I saw he was bragging about having a woman coaching, yeah when team are stinking the place out gob off what a great diversity champion you are, the whole coaching staff are a disgrace, and I wonder appointed because they're mate's of Les, or the right colour for his quota crusade

Comment

Btw I could've easily deleted the first post and pretended it didn't exist, but I was being honest and wanted you to realize my change of opinion

Comment

Btw I could've easily deleted the first post and pretended it didn't exist, but I was being honest and wanted you to realize my change of opinion
                    Fair enough pal, you are more than entitled to air your views and to change them whenever you want,

Comment

Working...
                    X