Sir Les

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sir Les

Ok I have had a moan about the best striker this club has had in my lifetime, about his role as dof.
    But I believe his installment in the role has on the whole been positive.
    Our club was in the vortex of disappearing down a very big plug hole.
    Les has brought in good coaches including MW and hoovered up very good talent jettisoned by other clubs.
    He is working on a very tight budget, but has helped keep us in the division and improved us season on season.
    Everywhere I'm looking, other sites, twitter etc, Les is getting a coating.
    There have been mistakes and I have as I say pointed alot of them out, but having thought about it, I'd rather have the fella with us.
    He didn't have to come to us, but he is one of our own, and he has turned us around.
    Let's give Sir Les a bit of backing and be thankful we're not lge 2 right now in Oldham Athletic's position.
    He's sorted out a new training ground, brought pride and to his own detriment raised expectations.
    Thanks Les keep going you're getting there.
    We are closer to the most successful QPR of the 80s right now than we have been since then.

Why as a striker isn't he saying to warbs why are u playing dykes up front

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
      Why as a striker isn't he saying to warbs why are u playing dykes up front
      I suppose you have to let a manager manage.
      Remember the uproar when Briatore was not only picking the team, but also ordering the substitutions.
      Not a good reputation to have, people won't come if they know the board interfere with tactics or team matters

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

I suppose you have to let a manager manage.
        Remember the uproar when Briatore was not only picking the team, but also ordering the substitutions.
        Not a good reputation to have, people won't come if they know the board interfere with tactics or team matters
        I was agree that he has to let the manager pick the team. Who really knows what discussions take place between them, but it is possible that he has questioned the formation just as we have done.

I for the life of me cannot understand why Warburton abandoned playing both Dykes and Austin together this season in favour of Willock and Chair both either side of. a struggling Dykes.
        Even worse to play with a lone striker after Willock got injured. Maybe Ferdinand feels the same hence not renewing Warburton’s contract.

Comment

Dykes can't trap a ball properly , doesn't.work the CBs , doesn't win many headers, doesn't anticipate where the ball is going and his positional play is poor . Add to that watch the fans duck in the upper loft when he shoots . Surely Les must relay to warbs " we've messed up with this one , drop him "..

Comment

He copped a fair bit of stick like any human he’s made errors but has the best long term interests of Qpr at heart.

I think his next appointment will be be the most crucial as let’s be honest we were going nowhere under mclaren, Holloway jfh etc, appointing warbs gave us stability and improvement on limited funds and key player sales for stability financially.

The next manager has a hell of a job to do imo yep we’ve got a few decent players however at least one will probably need to go for financial stability regardless off change’s to ffp. However Les and co appoint will get support from fans but it’s a tough gig for whoever comes I next

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

I for the life of me cannot understand why Warburton abandoned playing both Dykes and Austin together this season in favour of Willock and Chair both either side of. a struggling Dykes.
              Even worse to play with a lone striker after Willock got injured. Maybe Ferdinand feels the same hence not renewing Warburton’s contract.
              I think there are two reasons we didn't pair Dykes & Austin more frequently:

a. Willock and Chair behind a lone striker was generally more effective than one of Willock and Chair behind a pair of strikers
              b. Austin is probably our most well paid player. I guess he costs us £1m+ a year. He isn't the player he used to be are rarely lasts more than 60 min. At one point this season the club gave up on him and decided not to start him regularly, to make sure he could not trigger a contract extension of one year, which is depending on a certain number of starts in 2021/22. After all, both Gray and Dykes are probably more effective than Austin, so no reason to incur an extra million in costs just by playing Austin a few more times.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

I was agree that he has to let the manager pick the team. Who really knows what discussions take place between them, but it is possible that he has questioned the formation just as we have done.

Very possibly

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
                  He copped a fair bit of stick like any human he’s made errors but has the best long term interests of Qpr at heart.

I think his next appointment will be be the most crucial as let’s be honest we were going nowhere under mclaren, Holloway jfh etc, appointing warbs gave us stability and improvement on limited funds and key player sales for stability financially.

The next manager has a hell of a job to do imo yep we’ve got a few decent players however at least one will probably need to go for financial stability regardless off change’s to ffp. However Les and co appoint will get support from fans but it’s a tough gig for whoever comes I next
                  Fans Expectations, simple as that which shows something is being done correctly

Comment

It was coaching staff decision to play one up front, which is why Warbs must've turned down the offer to get another striker in

Comment

I've completely changed my mind on this self serving w***er.
                      He is a woke pr**k only interested in himself.

Sooner he's out the better for the club

Comment

Why is that Dave?

I think he's done a good job steering us through a difficult period. A lot of the derogatory comments I've seen seem to be based on pure assumption about what he has done or been responsible for.

I think the DOF position is a strange one and still largely misunderstood but it seems that it's deemed essential by a lot of clubs in the modern game.
                        "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Tell me 1 just 1 positive about having Les at the club? Please I cant see one !!

Comment

Do you know what his job involves or what he is responsible for? How about telling us just one negative?

I find it strange that people seem to snipe at others and assume that they are poor at their job without actually knowing anything about what they do from day to day.
                            "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

A DoF in this country is still not that common. In my view it is sensible as it centres everything around the club and not around the cult of one person, the manager. A new manager or coach slots in rather than big upheavals. The component parts of the club are separated out so the manager can concentrate on the first team and setting them up.

Has Les done a good job though? Overall I think so. We are in a far better place than we have been in years. The repercussions of our overspending have been overcome, we have saleable players, work has been done on the infrastructure of the club and we look a lot more stable. Of the managerial appointments the only really poor one on paper (hindsight a wonderful thing and all that on some of the others) was Ollie and that was Uncle's choice.

Comment

Working...
                              X